Your teammate horror stories in Splatoon

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm sure most of you have been placed on teams with horrible teammates.

Just a moment ago, I was trying to increase my rank in ranked battles and our team were winning the match. We had the entire area covered in our ink and the game mode was Rainmaker.

The guy who picked up the rainmaker decided it was a good idea to retreat back into our spawn while we were covering ground in ink and trying to keep the opponents at bay. So while our rainmaker holder retreated back to our spawn, one of the enemies opened a small path to our spawn and quickly stole the rainmaker from us and won the match since we only had 30-45 seconds left to go.

What's worst is, I was 9 points away from ranking up to A+ ._.

Anyway, if you have horror stories to share about your teammates in Splatoon, feel free to share it here o3o

Reactions: Mikaya
My worst Story is that I was playing online mode late at night, when I joined a strange Team (Two exremely similar looking Inklings: Eyes, Clothes, Weapon). Because there were many other strange teams I thought nothing thirst after 1 Minute into the Game. I just "died" and spawned back on the other side of the map, when I saw the similar looking Inkling doing nothing normal. They were walking against a wall for 30 seconds. I shot at them to signal them to move or play it normal. Soon after that the other Teammate( The fourth Inkling playing normal). Looked at them too. After that we two played normal and left the other doing their wall-walking-thingy. After the match was lost (only natural if its 2 vs 4).I shut the console down and played some Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Hmm, I'll share one of my stories from Splatfest. It was Team Callie Vs. Team Marie, and I picked Team Lenny-- I mean, Team Marie.

The map was Moray Towers, and instead of trying to capture the other team's base, you know what my team decides to do? They tried covering the base with their rollers... But they were all covering the SAME EXACT PLACE, so they were all wasting ink, and we lost the match because of that :/

Y'know, sometimes I wish that I could switch Splatfest teams, but I bet everyone has to put up with something stupid, so I guess there's no point. (And besides, Marie is obviously better :p)

Anyway, that's just one of my many terrifying stories about my... "team".

Reactions: Mizunil
I decided to do a ranked battle to get back up to B plus.

Upon beginning the match I noticed that the three others on my team had very similar names.

I thought 'Well that's odd. But maybe they're on a Skype call or something'

In which case, they could plan and get us the zones easily.

BUT NOPE

All three of them were in squid form.

For the whole entire match..

And no, not strategically mind you.

They never even went into ink.

They just jumped around one another.

I guess they were taking pictures or something.. (.-.)

I lost my rank.

And that's how I got to C +.

Rip. I'm a C+ too XD. I saw a similar video like this one, but it was much better. Unfortunately, I cannot find it right now. Here you go:

Rip. I'm a C+ too XD. I saw a similar video like this one, but it was much better. Unfortunately, I cannot find it right now. Here you go:

o_O

Complicated..

Hmm, I'll share one of my stories from Splatfest. It was Team Callie Vs. Team Marie, and I picked Team Lenny-- I mean, Team Marie.

The map was Moray Towers, and instead of trying to capture the other team's base, you know what my team decides to do? They tried covering the base with their rollers... But they were all covering the SAME EXACT PLACE, so they were all wasting ink, and we lost the match because of that :/

Y'know, sometimes I wish that I could switch Splatfest teams, but I bet everyone has to put up with something stupid, so I guess there's no point. (And besides, Marie is obviously better :p)

Anyway, that's just one of my many terrifying stories about my... "team".
HOW DID MARIE WIN

My worst Story is that I was playing online mode late at night, when I joined a strange Team (Two exremely similar looking Inklings: Eyes, Clothes, Weapon). Because there were many other strange teams I thought nothing thirst after 1 Minute into the Game. I just "died" and spawned back on the other side of the map, when I saw the similar looking Inkling doing nothing normal. They were walking against a wall for 30 seconds. I shot at them to signal them to move or play it normal. Soon after that the other Teammate( The fourth Inkling playing normal). Looked at them too. After that we two played normal and left the other doing their wall-walking-thingy. After the match was lost (only natural if its 2 vs 4).I shut the console down and played some Metroid Prime: Hunters.
0_O

Last edited by a moderator:
We just did :p
Though, we just barely won because a lot of Marie supporters joined Team Callie to challenge themselves (since Marie is more popular than Callie, so then they have less teammates).

I had this one time I was shooting the enemy in our territory. (as you would)
Then suddenly, all my inkling team mates start shooting at me, for shooting at him...
It's not like they can hurt me, still rather pointless and downright bizarre......

Reactions: Natsu Swagneel
I have two story's.
Turf:
I think my teammates and one of the enemy teammates were talking on skype or something.
Because all they did the whole game was try to meet each other and squid flop the whole time ;-;

I was doing twin squad with someone (I was S they were A)
And we got paired up with someone in C+
And they didn't play until the last 30 seconds

Reactions: Natsu Swagneel
I've never experienced these creepy things but I remember I had a dream about Splatoon for a different mode in the game. Because I've been dying for another mode, I'm tired of ranked and regular battles. The goal is the person that kills the most opponents. And the best part is no teams! You're all by yourself and there's 8 people and 8 respawn points!

My entire team didn't do anything. At all. They just ran around without inking as the oppenents splatted the floor with us. I don't know if they didn't know how to play or were 2 year olds or just trying to annoy. The worst part is is that this didn't happen just one, it happened 3 times in a row!

Reactions: Mizunil
Turf war: I was just doing the usual. Inking turf doin my thing until I keep dying and dying and we were in danger. I was like what the heck and I realized that I was the only one actually doing the teams part. The rest of my team was having an abrupt squid party and I was their stuck to do the teams duties. The match ended miserably and It was terrible.

Ranked: It was splat zones on Bluefin depot. All is going cool were doing well until everything goes to the dump. We lose the point and the other team inks to capture. I'm like ok we can counter them. So I got splatted when they took the point right. I look down at my gamepad the rest of my team were in 3 different parts of the map. In fact the whole time they were in 3 different parts of the map. I was like what are they doing. They were trying to get their by swimming because they couldn't stealth jump to each others positon to get to the point faster and safer. We lost miserably at the end and many of my teammates including myself barely got any kills and died a lot.
XpyV4ekPm4XtK.gif

Back