Yoshi’s Woolly World

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

I'm surprised no-one haven't made a thread about this game as yet. Remember that game: "Yoshi's Yarn" that Nintendo announced a few months ago, and we never heard anything about it again?

Well, now we got a lot of information at Nintendo's E3 Digital Event, they even changed the name as well, from "Yoshi's Yarn" to "Yoshi’s Woolly World" I prefer Yoshi's Yarn to be honest, but that's not really important.

Here's a pic of Yoshi's Woolly World when it was first announced in January 2013 vs now:
Bp4_RSXs_CAAAHDGv.png
I'm amazed by how much the game has progressed in terms of how well it's been developing! It's looks gorgeous, the 'yarn' effect, is well done.

Now, prior to all the cuteness and creativity, what do you think? Will you be getting it? I honestly believe this game is going to sell well, but I think a lot of people would get bored of it fast! I think the creativity with the yarns, won't have a "long-lasting effect".. Yes it's nice, and REALLY creative but I feel after a long while of playing it, I won't care for the yarn effects , once I've acknowledged it and be amazed by the first few stages, I won't be "wowed" anymore. Not sure if I'm making sense here that's just how I view the yarn effect, so let me know what you think?

Wow cool games i wanna have those

I agree with @Reece, I liked the name Yarn Yoshi better. Nevertheless I'll be grabbing this game. It looks great, and is sure to be fun. Two player mode sounds like a blast!

Originally, Yoshi was going to start out as a few strings of yarn, as shown in the first picture, and then grow into the full 3D form shown in the picture next to it as he/she/it eats more. I wonder what happened to that idea? I thought it was a pretty cool concept.
As for the game overall, it seems pretty similar to Yoshi's Story. You have health instead of Baby Mario and the little stars. Hopefully you can choose your color too.
I might consider getting this game. It would be fun to play cooperatively and unlike New Island, it actually feels new.

When it was shown last year in Aprils(?) Direct, I wasn't really interested in it, but now after seeing it in it's "final" form I'm pretty interested. I hope they can do something a bit more creative than they did with Kirby's Epic Yarn. That game was boring as hell.

As for the title I'm not a fan of it but I don't dislike it. I'm so used to calling it Yarn Yoshi that it may be a bit hard to get used to Woolly World.

Anyway, I was really hoping for this to be Wii U's big family holiday game this year. >.>

The title is fine, imo.

anyways, this looks like a great game, but I agree that it won't have much playability and the yarn idea won't last long. Nice try though. But who knows, it might turn out to be successful. :p

It's basically Kirby's Epic Yarn only with Yoshi throwing balls of yarn and more of a Yoshi game play style of it. Wonder if their game universes are related. Now it fits the concept well because Yoshi has had a cardboard background before and that's arts and craftsy but also because Yoshi can transform into vehicles. Both of the yarn games have crystals in them (like a type of currency or if you have enough it counts as 100% idk). Kinda :yawn: though.

Kinda :yawn: though.
I was :yawn: to most of the other Yoshi games as well, they aren't too frustrating, it's a game for you to relax and explore.

I found some game-play of course one, and I'm really impress with all the yarn details, and hidden passage ways, etc. take a look:

The game looks really nice and fun. It reminds me of kirby's epic yarn for the nintendo wii. Anyway I think this one has even better and more polished graphics than that for the wii system. Of course to me this is a must have!

When I saw this game, I almost bought a Wii U, that's a lot. I'm still thinking about it but... but... errr.

Seriously, I missed the Kirby one and I'm still wondering WHY. Maybe the same thing will happen with this one.

I think Yoshi can actually die in this. He has a health meter (Its in a circle I forget where) and the stars from Yoshis Island are also present (Forgot where I saw those as well). Yarn seams (Ha) to be a really big deal, as when you eat some enemies, you get a yarn ball that can be used to craft several objects that allow you to reach different or secret areas, and you can craft stuff like Pipes, Bridges and Winged Clouds. You can also use the Yarn Eggs as weapons as seen in the video where Yoshi ties up the Piranha Plant with it.

I think this has the potential to be a great game.
It seams (stealing SuperMii's joke :whistle:) lime it'll be very unique and crazy.

I will definetly be getting this and am looking forward to the 2-player mode.

I totally love this game so much. Yoshi's Woolly World is a platform game with textile and fabric environment which plays similarly to Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story, with many features coming from these games. Yoshi is able to eat enemies but, instead of turning them into Yoshi Eggs as in earlier games, he now turns them into yarn balls, which can be thrown just like eggs.

Hmm... I like the art style of this game. I'm now starting to wonder if Nintendo may potentially redo Kirby's epic Yarn in a similar fashion to Wind Waker HD, or perhaps make an outright sequel to it. I've only actually played Wooly World at a kiosk at Best Buy. Can anyone tell me if it's any good? Does it play similarly to Epic Yarn?

Back