Yay! Finally Playing Oot!

• Thread starter Aura Knight
  • Start date
Aura Knight

Aura Knight

Spirit of the West
Towns Folk
Hey, guys!

So, I realize that I haven't been posting on the blog much, so I've decided to write a new one about a new game I'm playing on the Raspberry Pi I got for Christmas.

One fine Sunday, I got curious and decided to try putting a Nintendo 64 game on my Pi. The last time a Pi was in my household was when my Dad's friend lent us his for the week. We had a lot of fun playing it, but when we tried to play Mario 64, it was the choppiest and laggiest thing on there, and we couldn't move (then again, we were playing on SNES USB controls). I got this idea because the NES, SNES, and Gameboy Advance games worked perfectly, but when I tried to play Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, it was so laggy, I could barely move.

So, out of curiosity I put Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on there to see if it worked. And to my joy, it was!

However, it isn't perfect. It sometimes freezes for only a frame, and when new processes come in (like Castle Town Bazaar), the screen will sometimes have textures stuck on the screen, so you'd see a cloudy figure of the dancing couple glitched onto the screen. However, despite those, it is a working game!

I'm really happy it's working. People had always told me that Ocarina of Time was a really great game and that I should play it, and now I finally have. I can finally see why people like it so much! I'm playing it, and am currently in the Dodongo's Cavern.

Well, that's it for now! See ya!

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I love OOT, that's why it's my favorite. I love the story, despite being simple, and the characters the dungeons, the music. Just pretty much everything about the game is awesome in my opinion.

Reactions: Aura Knight
I played it many years ago and found it to be extremely enjoyable. It was like nothing else at the time, and there was nothing like it and nothing that stood up to it, with the exception of Mario64. While it is a bit dated by today's standards, the controls and story are timeless (no pun intended).

Reactions: Aura Knight
Back