Would the 3DS have gotten your attention if it didn't have 3D?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Yeah. I still would of gotten it if it didn't have 3D. The 3D feature is pretty cool, but I only started using the 3D feature recently. It's pretty cool but I got the system for it's games and not 3D.

Reactions: Bigv-boss
Even if the 3DS didn't have 3D, I'd probably still have one by now. The 3D was a nice selling point, but even if it didn't have it I'd probably get the cool new upgraded system anyways. :p If I didn't end up getting it, I don't know if I would have found 3DS Pedia or not! That's a scary thought to think about. ;~; I think I would have gotten one, though. At least I hope I would've >.<

3d its cool, but its not woth since the battery last only two hours because of that

Jup. I got one because my DSi was becoming obsolete and I really wanted to play Pokémon X. The 3D is a nice addition, but I don't use it a lot anyway.

It better have been named something else if it didn't include 3D cuz that would be the biggest "clickbait" Nintendo has ever pulled on its fans. I'd still probably buy it tho. Not many people actually use the 3D anyways, so there's that. xD

It better have been named something else if it didn't include 3D cuz that would be the biggest "clickbait" Nintendo has ever pulled on its fans. I'd still probably buy it tho. Not many people actually use the 3D anyways, so there's that. xD
Okay, yes. Nintendo is bad with names but I doubt they'd be that bad. :p

Honestly I always love any Nintendo console or game so my answer is yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes and no but mostly no. The 3d function is just a bonus. I'm in it for the games

I would have still gotten the system, as I only played around the first day on christmas with the 3d.
After that, it went to being a 3ds without ever using the 3d.

Yes it would have since the games would have still interested me. However I will say I do enjoy the 3D and use it for every game that allows it's use. I have a feeling that the 3D angle will be dropped in the next system, which bums me out a bit.

The 3D was definitely a selling point at first but then I remembered the 3DS has actual good games. So I bought it for that instead.

I actually kind of wish they hadn't put 3d on it they could have done a lot more with the games without 3d. If instead they had put a much better processor or GPU in it I think things would have been much better. 3D definitely didn't play into my purchase mostly I bought it for pokemon infact I got my 3ds about a month before x/y so really it was those games that sold it not some gimicky feature.

Reactions: Robbie and Blue Knight
I wouldn't really care if it has 3D or not. I was excited for it's games and it's new features such as streetpass and AR cards.

I still use 3D and enjoy its novelty. Probably just me, though.

I will admit that the 3D caught my attention. Thinking back on it now it's funny how little I use it except in cases where I want to make the gaming moment/scene a little more special.

That being said, knowing me and my track record with Nintendo consoles/handhelds I'm sure I would've picked up the system anyway at some point.

The 3D was cool and all but I got the 3DS to play Pokemon X/Y. They were landmarks in the Pokemon franchise and I had to be a part of that. Worth every cent.

While most games don't use the 3D too much, Kid Icarus Uprising used it pretty well

I remember my friend had it and I didn't even care about the 3d! just the fact that you could take a game with such high quality on the go just blew my mind so I just had to get it! My mum thought it was the 3d I was wanting and said that I already have a ds, I had to explain you her why I wanted it but she said no. For Christmas I got a PS vita but then when I found out that sonic lost world was coming out for the 3ds, that's when my hype sky rocketed and I asked my mum is I could sell my vita to get it My mum asked if I was sure and I said yes so she took me to game and I traded in my psvita to get a 3ds! (I had the PS vita for a few months encase your thinking I traded it in on that day)

believe me or not, I bought it for one game, and one game only!
I gathered for 3 years to buy one, and one more year for that game!
after that, I just kept it in a box somewhere just until now...
and what I have, is not a 3DS but a 2DS no less!
even so, there's something called TriDef 3D, it's a neat little program for Windows that makes nearly any PC game in Anaglyth 3D Red/Cyan or Side By Side 3D, even of the game don't have any sort of support for it
It's REALLY cool to play Portal 2 with TriDef, but I rarely use it
at the end of the day is just water in the rain.... (sisi ni sawa means we're the same)
I get the games for playing it, for 'cause it looks cool or people see how many thing I can unlock in one (achievement)
so the short answer if "no, that's not what caught me eye"

Definitly, especially considering the fact that the 3D slider for me is useless, I never use it! I only got a 3ds because I wanted all of the new games :)

The 3DS without the 3D feature would be perfectly fine. It would basically be like what the 2DS is, which is pretty cool.

Definitly, especially considering the fact that the 3D slider for me is useless, I never use it! I only got a 3ds because I wanted all of the new games :)

I agree with you! The real reason I wanted the 3DS was not for the 3D, but for the new games. If I had to stick with my DS Lite, I wouldn't be able to play anything, which would really suck.

Back