Virtual Console Wii Games Coming To Wii U Eshop!!

• Thread starter RichGamerton
  • Start date
RichGamerton

RichGamerton

Run Home To Mama Now
Towns Folk
Thanks to a new Nintendo Direct, we now know that Wii games will be on the Wii U soon. How do you feel about this? Are you happy or sad about this feature? While you think about that, I will be munching on a Steak Bagel :)

I think that's pretty smart. For people who enjoy Wii games, it'll be a great addition. I'm sure they'd prefer getting the best of both systems on one console. Those who aren't fans of the Wii won't be obligated to make any additional purchases, so it won't affect their experience with the WiiU. Nintendo will be making more money from their e-shop, so I'm sure they'll endorse it however they can.

As long as everyone's happy, I think it's a good idea – and from the looks of it, everyone will be. :)

...by the way, that steak bagel sounds delicious. I'm sort of jealous. >_>

Reactions: Mikaya
I don't intend to buy a Wii U but that sounds awesome. Talk about backwards compatibility made convenient :cat:

most of the wii library sucks. lemme know when the full gba library is available~

@Lexi.D I agree. It seems like a win-win for everyone. Nintendo makes more money and people who were fans of the Wii but didn't have one or broke it gets to have fun again. And the Steak bagel was delicious. Unfortunately, that was the last one until grocery store day which won't be until next Monday :-( Darn you, Hunger! @Spinnerweb I don't have a Wii U either but I also think that BC is aces, I love Nintendo for keeping that constant throughout their consoles. @BacklogGamer Maybe but with games like Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Party, who can resist taking a small peek. The GBA library will be a cool thing, though.

i've been wanting to get xenoblades actually, but i have so many games and that one seems really plot intensive. something i'd wanna play in one go just so i don't forget what's going on and have to completely restart later. had that happen a couple times. =x

Well Nintendo has finally got hype for this year with wii games on the and I'll be getting some of the games, my first one will be Metroid prime trilogy. Hopefully, they add Xenoblade because I want to buy it for the Wii but the price was around $99 at gamestop.

Plz bring the fire emblem Wii Game please! That game is so hard to come by nowadays D:

I also would love Twilight Princess and MKWii

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Mario Party 8 and Smash bros Brawl

I actually have the originally Xenoblade Chronicles but the pricetag says $25.99 and it's new. We bought it when it was the next best thing. ( You know, when people didn't care about it :p)

i cant wait for yoshi wolly world and on the matter of wii games being able to be played with wii u gamepad i feel they should've done this a long time ago.

Thanks to a new Nintendo Direct, we now know that Wii games will be on the Wii U soon. How do you feel about this? Are you happy or sad about this feature? While you think about that, I will be munching on a Steak Bagel :)

Great ! I suppose I'll have to get even more money (in real life), so I'll be able to buy Wii games digitally on my Wii U !
Also, what's good is the fact that digital Wii games get a severe price cut compared to their physical versions (ie: Metroid Prime Trilogy is a great example of it in Europe), so, I suggest people to go and grab some rare games while the price cut is on !

And maybe we'll get Xenoblade Chronicles too, and maybe it'll GamePad support too (as a classic controller pro)...

Great ! I suppose I'll have to get even more money (in real life), so I'll be able to buy Wii games digitally on my Wii U !
Also, what's good is the fact that digital Wii games get a severe price cut compared to their physical versions (ie: Metroid Prime Trilogy is a great example of it in Europe), so, I suggest people to go and grab some rare games while the price cut is on !

And maybe we'll get Xenoblade Chronicles too, and maybe it'll GamePad support too (as a classic controller pro)...
Wouldn't say so with the re-release coming out on new 3ds

Wouldn't say so with the re-release coming out on new 3ds
Why not ? They know that it's not everybody who will jump on the N3DS, and since there's many people who missed the chance to play and who now own a WiiU, that'd be great for them.

wait that's a rerelease?

This is great! a great way to relive those epic Wii titles! I'm tempted to get Super Mario Galaxy 2 but I don't have a Wii remote to even play it. xP

make sure you grab 'em when they're on half-price intro offer though! (ugh I sound like an ad/sales person) .-.

I'm gonna try to get those 'must-have titles' which I've played before but I'll consider ones that may be new to me. Those who missed on certain Wii games will surely be happy! ^.^

I would want Sonic Colors, Mega Man 9, and Contra Rebirth to be re-released as Wii games! Make it happen, Nintendo!

sonic colors seems clunky and best watched as a lets play so you can actually enjoy the epic scenery and great music instead of being distracted by the actual game lol

I don't really see the point in that, is the wii system so hard to get now? I mean, probably you could get a system really cheap now because the wii u is in stores everywhere and the wii games are really easy to find. Besides u thought for a while that those wii games could be visually improved, but they are not, so they are not worth it I think

Wow, that's really nice for Wii U owners! Now, there is no need to go to gaming stores/flea markets looking for rare Wii games. Hopefully, Nintendo will add all of the library that the Wii had, and that will hopefully give them some extra money.
I have also heard the Wii U upscaled Wii games when played, increasing the resolution. Has anyone confirmed this?

Back