Why Zelda sucks(my opinion)

• Thread starter bobby wobby
  • Start date
bobby wobby

bobby wobby

Youtuber
Towns Folk
Now dont get me wrong I love Zelda well used to,its lost its charm.I Grew up with a Nintendo 64,Xbox,gameboy,(advance as well),and a Dreamcast.Despite it being 2008 I was happy witht these things...well I guess I was just happy to be broke.But the first game I ever played was supermario 64 and I loved it the music was the only real thing I could remember then I played OoT this was what sparked my love.It was so simple and so good,But theb I played twilight princess and it took too long,there was too much story and I just wanted to get into the link suit and play.BUT NO I HAD TO PICK THOSE STUPID ROCKS UP FOR THE FARMER!!! Why cant we just have another game like OoT so simple,well thats stance on Zelda now.

OK now I haven't played Ocarina Of Time yet, but i'll give my stance based on what I know of Nintendo. So, for most games that are simple that Nintendo releases, most fans want the story behind it. Therefore, I see that games that seem plot heavy are released based on what Nintendo thinks the fans want to see and would buy. I don't know if that's the case for Twilight Princess or not, but that's what I think.

I had the opposite effect. While admittedly I hadn't played Twilight Princess at the time (since it didn't exist yet), as a child I enjoyed all the other Legend of Zelda games except for Ocarina of Time. The game was simply too confusing for my tiny mind to wrap their head around, and mainly gameplay consisted of walking around in the Kokiri Village getting bored. (Which also reminds me I couldn't get any further than rescuing Zelda from the dungeon in LttP at the same time as this.)

Later on I took a disliking to the graphics of the game, preventing me from being able to appreciate the game as a whole. It was only until OOT:3D was released that I was finally able to play through the game and beat it. It was the first 3D Zelda game I played through.

Twilight Princess as I understand it was intended as twofold; first, that Nintendo's fans hated the cartoony look of Wind Waker so they went for a more realistic approach, and secondly as a love letter of sorts to OOT. The game takes place in Hyrule as depicted in OOT after an amount of time. (Remember the Temple of Time? In Twilight Princess the temple has literally crumbled to pieces, leaving only the Pedestal of Time and the Master Sword.) So far I've tried playing it through the Wii version and gave up on it. Now I own the original Gamecube version however, things should run more smoothly the next time I play.

@Pandaxclone2: is it true as they say that the map/link has been mirrored for the Wii version because Link was left handed in the GC version?

@Pandaxclone2: is it true as they say that the map/link has been mirrored for the Wii version because Link was left handed in the GC version?

That is correct. The reason being because a majority of players being right-handed would have found it difficult understanding left-handed Link's controls. Basically if they were to swipe the Wiimote with their right hand, had Nintendo not flipped Hyrule then Link would've used his left hand instead of the right. It does sound like a bit of a cop-out reason but for some people it could get disorienting quickly.

So in order to avoid confusion they flipped the entire world in the Wii port. Apparently remaking Link's animation to specify right-handed motions was harder to do than this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace
I had the opposite effect. While admittedly I hadn't played Twilight Princess at the time (since it didn't exist yet), as a child I enjoyed all the other Legend of Zelda games except for Ocarina of Time. The game was simply too confusing for my tiny mind to wrap their head around, and mainly gameplay consisted of walking around in the Kokiri Village getting bored. (Which also reminds me I couldn't get any further than rescuing Zelda from the dungeon in LttP at the same time as this.)

Later on I took a disliking to the graphics of the game, preventing me from being able to appreciate the game as a whole. It was only until OOT:3D was released that I was finally able to play through the game and beat it. It was the first 3D Zelda game I played through.

Twilight Princess as I understand it was intended as twofold; first, that Nintendo's fans hated the cartoony look of Wind Waker so they went for a more realistic approach, and secondly as a love letter of sorts to OOT. The game takes place in Hyrule as depicted in OOT after an amount of time. (Remember the Temple of Time? In Twilight Princess the temple has literally crumbled to pieces, leaving only the Pedestal of Time and the Master Sword.) So far I've tried playing it through the Wii version and gave up on it. Now I own the original Gamecube version however, things should run more smoothly the next time I play.
As I thought, Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time were at least in some way connected to satisfy fans, if I interpreted that right. Which is why I feel as if both together make the difference, as in you have to like both in order for anything to make any sense. As was said it seems it is confusing enough as it is, but again I haven't played Twilight Princess yet (on my list now though).

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I will agree that twilight princess had a very, very UNBEARABLY slow start, that doesn't mean you should (at least I think) criticize the whole series of zelda in general (Title: "why zelda sucks (in my opinion")! I mean, there are tons more great zelda games then there were bad, but anyways, those are just my thoughts as a zelda fan :)
Happy Holidays Everyone :)

Reactions: spagooti
1 games out of 17(soon 18) and you say The series suck -_- seriously you didn't even mention a 2d Zelda. Or did you just mean twilight princess? i'm not trying to be rude i'm just saying you shouldn't judge a game series over 1 game(2 games)!

I kinda had to squint my eyes to read that. Still not sure what it says?

Also Twilight Princess is an amazing game, I played and beat it for the first time last year and it's ignited some serious interest in the series that I've been previously lacking. The start is very slow but when it gets going it's so hard to stop playing.

I have ocarina of time and twilight princess. I personally can't really get into oot and twilight princess I just don't really like but that doesn't mean I hate LOZ. I love windwaker, link between worlds, triforce heroes etc. I think you should just play different zelda games because the two you've said are not the only two and are different to the others in several ways.

Back