Why I Won't Be Buying Generations

• Thread starter G MAN
  • Start date
G MAN

G MAN

NYEH HEH HEH!
Towns Folk
My friend and I loved playing the MH4U Demo together so much, we bought the full game. We play that to this day, but not together anymore. He moved on to playing the Generations Demo, so I decided to give it a shot. After all, the last Monster Hunter was awesome! I spent countless hours leveling up my character. Well, it was even better than 4 Ultimate...except for one small issue. They removed the option to move the camera with the D-Pad or screen(Pardon me, but I don't remember which one it was. All I know is, its the only one I used.)! My assumption is they did this to promote the enhanced controls of the New Nintendo 3DS, or perhaps the Circle Pad Pro. But I have a 2DS, so neither of these options work for me. Because of them attemting to push more expensive hardware, I'm not buying this game at all. I'm not even exagerating when I say the demo feels unplayable to me. I'm curious to hear what you guys have to say about this, because I know the MH fanbase is quite the expressive bunch. Anyways, thanks. ;)

soooo.......
ur not gonna buy a really good game just bcz they removed one small feature that a lot of people didn't even use?
73e36490b0.jpg

k den

soooo.......
ur not gonna buy a really good game just bcz they removed one small feature that a lot of people didn't even use?
73e36490b0.jpg
k den
Sort of, not really. To me, it was the one way I could play it, the other control scheme seemed off to me. I believe a game really can't be considered "good" if my favorite control setup was removed. But I see where you're coming from. It'd be like removing the southpaw from shooters. Not many people use it, but some won't play it at all if it isn't there.

Sort of, not really. To me, it was the one way I could play it, the other control scheme seemed off to me. I believe a game really can't be considered "good" if my favorite control setup was removed. But I see where you're coming from. It'd be like removing the southpaw from shooters. Not many people use it, but some won't play it at all if it isn't there.
it's not even a "control setup" tho. it's just 1 button that u don't even need most of the time. literally the only time i ever used the d-pad was when i was gathering stuff and i wanted to check and make sure i got everything, otherwise i just used the lock-on thingy for hunts.

Reactions: G MAN
it's not even a "control setup" tho. it's just 1 button that u don't even need most of the time. literally the only time i ever used the d-pad was when i was gathering stuff and i wanted to check and make sure i got everything, otherwise i just used the lock-on thingy for hunts.
Perhaps I was the only one. Sorry if this post came off as strange then, I just really enjoyed the physical button.

Perhaps I was the only one. Sorry if this post came off as strange then, I just really enjoyed the physical button.
i can see why u would rather have the physical button over having to use an attachment/new system, but it's not really a good reason to use for why u shouldn't buy a game. i'm pretty sure u can still just edit ur menu in the full game and add in the d-pad there. but saying u won't buy the game bcz u don't like the way u have to control it is like saying ur not gonna buy a car bcz it has a different steering wheel than ur used to .-.

Reactions: G MAN
i can see why u would rather have the physical button over having to use an attachment/new system, but it's not really a good reason to use for why u shouldn't buy a game. i'm pretty sure u can still just edit ur menu in the full game and add in the d-pad there. but saying u won't buy the game bcz u don't like the way u have to control it is like saying ur not gonna buy a car bcz it has a different steering wheel than ur used to .-.
Fair enough. If you insist so strongly that I try this out again, I'll retry the demo. Thanks for the advice. ;)

Reactions: 4771
The on screen d-pad is still in the game, you can't use it in the demo but you can customize the touch screen in the full game.
WVW69jj2MAA0xBDz_Z
WVW69jj2N78vcP9Ou3

You're not getting a game because one thing is missing in the demo, that's kinda dumb.

Reactions: 25110
The on screen d-pad is still in the game, you can't use it in the demo but you can customize the touch screen in the full game.
WVW69jj2MAA0xBDz_Z
WVW69jj2N78vcP9Ou3

You're not getting a game because one thing is missing in the demo, that's kinda dumb.

To be fair, camera control is a really big issue; not everybody has a circle pad pro or a new 3ds, and don't wanna "Ocarina-of-Time" their way through the game.

Back