Why do you play fire emblem?

• Thread starter blacky84462
  • Start date
blacky84462

blacky84462

Hero of the outrealms
Towns Folk
I have been thinking a lot about the changes in awakening compared to previous fire emblem games and how they have affected fates and the audience who plays them but to get an idea of the people who plays these games I need to ask the people.
So the questions are:
Why do you you play fire emblem?
What got you into the fire emblem series?
Have you played any of the older games?
And which games did you enjoy and why?
I want decent well thought out answers where possible.

I personally love the Fire Emblem series. I play Fire Emblem because I love the battle style and how it reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Advance 2. I got into the series, as for my birthday a few years ago, my friend bought me Awakening and I've fallen in love with it since. As much as I love it though, I have only ever played Awakening and Birthright, unfortunately. I would absolutely love to play more though. Honestly though there has never been a single moment where I didn't love either of those two games. To be fair I love all turn based RPGs but I especially love ones that have lots of story behind them, one of the biggest reasons Fire Emblem will always stay in my heart.

Reactions: blacky84462
Well before it was because of ikr when he was in brawl so I went on the internet and learn about fire emblem path of radiance and radiant dawn then a friend of my who is super into fire emblem got me into and I started to like it it was different from the rpgs I played mainly final fantasy and when I played the demo of fire emblem awaken I love every single bit and I wish I had it it's one of those games I really want from the intro duction to prologue and the cuteness before my friend like it a lot now he dosent don't really now why and also fire emblem fates for some reason I don't hate fates but it reminds me of the Pokemon series ruby sapphire and emerald i enjoy it then I played sacred stone really need to finished it I love to play it and I wish I could play more of it now

I play it mainly because of the gameplay and the challenge part of it. It's always fun and slightly and by that I mean very annoying to try keep as many characters as possible whilst completing the game on a hard difficulty. This is really enjoyable in my eyes and provides a hella boost in motivation to complete the game. It's also because the first fire emblem game *That came outside of Japan* is way too good to miss.

It'd be for characters and gameplay, the characters, although typically shallow throughout the series, they're still fun, and they generally have charming designs. Gameplay because I like SRPGS.
When it comes to Fire Emblem, the core gameplay is solving problems that have limitless solutions.

Which games did you enjoy and why?

Favourite Fire Emblem Game:
Binding Blade. I liked the gameplay a lot. While the only objective is Seize, the maps still manage to be deep and require lots of strategy, especially in the earlygame which is infamous for being difficult even on Normal mode. The plot was enjoyable, it had some of the best use of politics and had excellent world-building. The only complaint I have is that Roy was a bit bland.

Sure! :)
Because it's a game that's pretty different than the rest of the series and does things that are really cool.

Why do you play Fire Emblem?
I love the turn-based strategy gameplay, the characters and story.

What got you into Fire Emblem?
When i first got the wii with super smash bros brawl ike was my favorite character in that game and he was from the fire emblem series so i got the Gamecube game after that i got the Wii game and then i got into emulators and the first game i downloaded was fire emblem 7. And from then on it just expanded

I have played every game which came out in europe and fire emblem 6(the game with roy)

which games did you enjoy and why?

I enjoyed all of them, and why? because of all the stuff i love about the series.

Last edited:
Why do you play Fire Emblem:
I play Fire Emblem because I enjoy strategy games plus it has an original story with a great cast of characters ( I love you Kaden :3)
What got you into Fire Emblem?
At first I wasn't that interested at playing Fire Emblem , but gradually I started to notice that alot of people at my school's anime club played the game as well as my friends and as I watched them play, I decided to get the game unsure of if I would like it or not.
Have you played any of the older games
No I haven't since I'm relatively a newcomer to the Fire Emblem fandom.
Which games did you enjoy and why?
Seeing as I have only played Birthright and Conquest. I would have to say I enjoyed the both pretty equally

I play Fire Emblem simply because I love turn-based RPG. I've been a long-time RPG fan and Fire Emblem's gameplay suits my tastes perfectly. There are awesome characters and features (like the marriage feature introduced in Awakening) to boot!

I got into the Fire Emblem series mainly because everyone on my feed was talking about it. It got so many good feedback and reviews and of course, bandwagon.

My first Fire Emblem game was Awakening ifor 3DS. I was hooked completely right after I finished the first chapter. Since then I knew I had to get both Birthright and Conquest, and even Revelation!

I enjoyed Fire Emblem Revelation the most mainly because all the characters were available to use and it's not as toxic as Conquest was (no grinding? what?). Of course it would make more sense to play Birthright and Conquest first before tackling that one.

I love the dread of losing a army member. I always seem to lose my pegasus nights really fast.. whenever i use its flight ability i always dont see the archers hiding in the bushes. Losing troops also usually makes good stories to tell. Unless you were just doing something dumb

It's a good game and a stress releaser

Reactions: V_Weeb
I play it for the great game play and... sometimes compelling story. To be honest the stories told in the games are not as good. Although I liked Echoes' story. But the fair, harsh and compelling game play definitely makes the fire emblem series a top notch series I love.

I first played FE with the DS game. I forgot what it was called but I loved it. That was the first real FE game I played. I recently got FE:W for the Switch and it's kind of making me wish for the real main series FE game to come out.

I have been thinking a lot about the changes in awakening compared to previous fire emblem games and how they have affected fates and the audience who plays them but to get an idea of the people who plays these games I need to ask the people.
So the questions are:
What got you into the fire emblem series?
And which games did you enjoy and why?
I want decent well thought out answers where possible.

I find strategy and puzzle games help me to focus. Knowing where to place my units, how to approach an enemy, and so forth all help to focus my mind and plan ahead in real life, as well as to calm me down sometimes... in the latter, I've since found action games to help more, though strategy games often help if I'm already calm and only need a little extra push to focus.

An old friend recommended it to me back when I was in school. At the time, he was playing Awakening and seemed to be obsessed with it, so after he mentioned it to me I tried the demo and quite enjoyed it. Later, I played the full game and I suppose that's what got me into the series for good. It went into becoming my favourite series for years.

I played the remake of Gaiden, if that counts. Other than that, no, since I've viewed the older games as more difficult, and I kind of suck at games. Maybe I'd end up never progressing past chapter 10 or something. Even in the modern games, I've only ever ended up seeing half the games through to the end, somehow... though I'd totally go back to Fates if my 3DS still worked.

All of them, of course. Awakening nowadays is the one I would consider my least favourite and Three Houses still feels like the outlier of the series. Overall, I'd say Echoes: Shadows of Valentia was the one I had most fun playing, because the dungeons were fun to explore compared to the usual chapter-based system. Ranged attacks were also much more fun, among other things.

I play Fire Emblem because of Melee and my fondness of playing chess with my relatives. I do own the VC title for Switch that I plan on playing so keep in mind I haven't really delved deep into what makes it 'good'. I did play the Persona-esque prologue dungeon in TMS and that just made me more into the crossover aspect knowing they are just putting Fire Emblem characters in just to sell the prior (VC FE). That being said I had a palette of games in my collection that wasn't filled by Fire Emblem before and I'm open to new things.

Back