why do people like monster hunter ?

• Thread starter Bluelapinu
  • Start date
I don't think anyone on this forum cares about the graphics. Otherwise, this would be Vitapedia.

Well, I like this game because it doesn't spend twenty minutes to tell you why you're doing this 3 minutes mission (hello Fantasy Life), on the contrary it spends 3 minutes to give you an excuse to play for twenty minutes.

Another thing that I like is that it's not a game with stupid rules. Like "choose your class and then you can't change". In MH, you can use a Bow for a quest then play with a sword for another quest, no problem. And you don't have limitations on the equipment you use (like "lvl 20 only", this is so annoying), the only restriction is that you must have the materials to craft that equipment.

Last but not least, the multiplayer is really good. Especially since it's completely co-op based. You're 4 (or less) against a monster and you all do your best, checking on other people's health to heal them sometimes, having a support player help the other ones and stuff... Unlike other games where you are fighting other people, which is annoying for "noobs" who get wrecked, or for "pros" who get left out because they wreck everybody.
Hah, vitapedia, population: Call of Duty
But really people shouldn't care so much about graphics because games that only center themselves around expensive visuals are missing out on the true point of a game, the adventure. If a good game has great graphics, than perfect, where do i buy, but really graphics should not be the deciding factor on weither or not someone wants to buy a game, or why said person thinks that game is the best. It's sad really, cause I view graphics as the least important part of a game (not counting god awful camera angles) and I know people who only care for them, so I agree with you no one here would love the game simply for visuals.

I actually DO like it because of the graphics. Monster Hunters has really kept improving a lot. The reason i like it(or actually 1 of the many) is because there's always something to do in it. Its not like those games you spent almost$50 on and finish within a week, its one of those games that can last you an entire year or even more and you will STILL have more to do.Mh4u is really worth the money, the graphics are great(its not really gore, its nothing compared to other games) , and the armors and weapons in it are OP. The thrill is great as well. For a month i couldn't beat gogmazios( one of the final and strongest monsters) because the best armor i had to fight him at the time was(don't laugh) zinogre Z at defense of 650. Anyways, i got mad and gave up, then i went to battle g-rank apex furious rajang with not even any wystones unlocked(yes i was a noob at the time). After i actually won against him, i realised gogmazios was a walk in the park compared to rajangs speed+strength+agility. It took a couple more tries, but on the 3rd try i finally beat him. Then i repeatedly won until i was able to get his full armor set+ his IG.+His SnS+his CB. The thrill of overcoming what i thought was impossible was amazing. Its a really great game and you should get it, or at least if you bought mh3u play that first.

Well I personally like monster Hunter 4 ultimate because of the wide variety of monsters you could fight. I also like the unique set of equipment and weapons you could get in the game. I also like how he interacts with multi players that the question of just can't beat you got to play with friends for or just get the extra help you need. To be honest at first I thought the game was stupid onto my friend got it for me and I tried it out and it was awesome. So I guess shout out to Battlefortroy

I likeee it because:
  • You can't just randomly swing and press buttons and expect to win.
  • It's so realistic. Why do I have to sharpen my blade and wait to drink a potion? >.< Because it's MH :p
  • It's fun trying to guess what the monster will do and then failing miserably and dying ;)
  • It's slow paced, and it's so satisfying when you kill a monster that you've been trying to kill for a while
  • It's basically like Boss hunter: the game except a few quests~
  • There's pretty armor sets that can be crafted and that's exciting #FashionHunter

Reactions: Furno
xD It's impossible to hate a somewhat bloody RPG with perfect trolling opportunities.

I myself have tried the demo and its pretty fun. Most of my friends play monster hunter 4u and Ive watched them do some co op boss fights a few times, but man do those fights last a long time. Im not opposed to long boss fights per se, but Im the kinda person who would be weary of having something like that happening all the time. My personality gears towards playing in short bursts more often than not, to each his/her own I suppose.

You get to run around and kill monsters. Solid formula that works

No, it's more like, pick quest run around then kill monsters.

No, it's more like, pick quest run around then kill monsters.
But first you have to turn on the game. And that menu music is quality

Tru am dat.

It's just a really fun game to play overall. The monsters are really cool and it's a challenging game and it has awesome weapons. I don't really like challenging games but Monster Hunter is an exception for me. It has great multiplayer and some really cool DLC.

But it just my opinion

I like the Monster Hunter franchise because of it's monsters. You have your own opinion about games so yeah. :)

MH4U is my first Monster Hunter game and I can understand why it's so popular. For one, fighting huge monsters can be such an adventure and a challenge! Also, with each hunt you take, you never really know what's going to happen. One run, you may be faced with one monster...the next, a completely different one. Or maybe two monsters at once. And usually a run may turn out harder than the last or sometimes easier. It's always a surprise. Even when you know the monsters' attack patterns, it can be a surprise! Also....CATS. YOU CAN FIGHT WITH CATS AND TINY CATS FIGHTING GIGANTIC MONSTERS IS WONDERFUL.

I think being able to switch weapons and armor sets are great too and it's fun for collectors as well. I'd love to try and collect all of them. I fear I may not have room with the way I horde things though LOL.

This game is just so fun in so many ways. I'm on a hiatus from it though for the moment, as I've been on other games. I'm so excited for the newest one though and can't wait to be able to get it when it comes out!

The dlc for monster hunter is pretty cool. I like the ideas and concepts for it

honestly its different, you never would see something like that work on the DS, but all in all its fun, the adventure, everything about it, its like coming from Zelda, Pokémon and dark souls (kind of) with the hint of the witcher.. Umm yeah cant wait for generations!! And its got a big fan base to say the least. Challenging fun kind of simple, I got into it in a snap!!! But im still trying to find the best armor, I sometimes mix and match that part is always fun to get different armor and upgrading them, everything is cool about it that makes you want more and to complete an awesome journey!!

When you look at Monster Hunter, it has a really good game design ! (Explorators, Achievers, Socializers and Killers are the 4 main types of players)
  • Many people already pointed it out but you have a feeling of power when you kill a huge monster or one that seems hard or even which already killed you a hundred times that is really great both for killers and achievers .
  • It's not a game where you can easily progress so when you can upgrade your armors, you have a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment and that's perfect for achievers.
  • The multiplayer mode helps buiding a strategy with others so socializers and killers are both happy whether when you look to other games, they tend to not like each other because one wants to kill but the other one isn't raging or fighting back.
  • Armor sets and talents are perfect because they look cool, they have unique abilities and so, they tend to be like a collectable : perfect for achievers, explorators and killers.
  • There are diverses maps showing different environments to the player. They seem quite big so explorators are happy to discover a new map and achievers to observe every single thing it has to offer.
  • Plus, you have a ranking system which grants you a reward which lets you continue to the next treat the game will give you. That's giving a feeling that you're rewarded and pushed to continue.
  • And finally, you have access to cool DLCs which is great for unifiying the community around games they like : socializers have their cool community.
Monster Hunter can teach us some really interesting game design concepts and I'm sure I haven't said everything you could say about its design!
Thanks for reading :)

I only started Monster Hunter Tri, Before i go to 3 and 4, i have already heard of the new features
But it is pretty good.
But the scenery just takes me away it reminds me of how Assassin Creed is made every detail is just important or COD

I got into MH4U because a friend convinced me to try it. I grew to love it. I like the armor/jewel skill system, the quests system, the Palicos(what if you're one of those crazily insane ppl that doesn't like cats?) Love those cats! The story and the gameplay are really good too. And the graphics are really, really good. The Guildarm and Miss Forge are kind of annoying tho.
The online features and DLC are pretty great as well.

I think that the monster hunter series os one of capcom's best in years for multiple reasons. First off, the game plays out in a style style quite different from any other game on the market, one that simulates hunting for often bizarre or otherworldly creatures. I also greatly enjoy the ability to change your class, even mid battle, as well as the massive amount of customization that the game allows for.

Back