Why amilbo do better than other toys to life figures

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
freezebot

freezebot

PineappleDoggo <3
Towns Folk
Well ever since amiibo came out, Other toys to life companies have been wondering why amiibo are doing better and i'm here to list those reasons. 1: The amiibo can used across multiple games and not across 3-5 games but a wide variety of games. 2: They actually have a reputation and a very good one to so people will buy it since it will cost less than a actually statue of one. 3: There are one of the best options for people over 13 or don't like the others choices.

I agree with all of these but I have some other reasons. Nintendo also makes different limited/special editions of already existing amiibo which makes it great for collecting(meaning more of that $$$) Also for the fact that you said they cost less than to get a statue of one. It also appeals to an already big group of people and just one of them has benefits across many Nintendo titles. This is what I personally think.

yeah
I was going to include that but I like to keep it somewhat short

Well I wouldn't say that. Skylanders is doing good too. Because they are selling alot of them, and they started it all, but then again amiibo, and skylanders team up be on same game, so maybe why.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry 25313
The Amiibo features are quite limited if you ask me. You'd need a different Amiibo every occasion. (SSB Yoshi is different from Mario party Yoshi.) To my knowledge, only children play with toys to life games.
(It would look awkward for a man to play with them.)

The Amiibo features are quite limited if you ask me. You'd need a different Amiibo every occasion. (SSB Yoshi is different from Mario party Yoshi.) To my knowledge, only children play with toys to life games.
(It would look awkward for a man to play with them.)
You be surprise too see how many do it, and if they injoy it then wouldn't it be ok, and also my dad dose do it.

Yes if they found amusement in it, then there'd be a problem. I can only see a man buying it for his kid. (Or a kid for that matter. :rotfl:)

Yes if they found amusement in it, then there'd be a problem. I can only see a man buying it for his kid. (Or a kid for that matter. XD)
My dad only plays it too give himslef something do, and also he has 3 fingers, so he can't play much anyways. So that one few games he can play.

Aight. My dad plays Tetris on classic game boy, and he's got arthritis. (But can still play guitar alright.)

amiibo do better than, say, Skylanders and Disney Infinity (RIP, lol) by virtue of them being based on Nintendo IP characters, which are generally very well known and have a much wider appeal.

Furthermore, the fact that they're also basically collector's items that run out quickly make then very valuable as well.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
yep because who knows what they were thinking when they made Disney infinity

I think the biggest thing Amiibo have/had over their competition is the diversity. There are Amiibo of so many different characters for so many different games. Disney infinity, only has Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel character (Which, granted, are rather popular) but they only work for one game. Skylanders only work for their games as well, and are all very similar. If you're not a Skylanders fan you also won't recognize any of the characters. Amiibo, on the other hand, work with tons of games on multiple systems, and have a huge variety of characters and franchises. If you don't like Mario, there's plenty of other characters to choose from that work for a variety of non-Mario games.

Not that I hate Amiibo, but I think that the LEGO Dimensions Group(or whoever made it) did a good job on being able to bring the character into the game and at the same time play with the character. The only thing you can do with amiibo other than bringing them into the game is collecting them and keeping them on shelves, and that's kind of boring.

yeah lego dimensions is a expectation because they made multiple characters work in different dimensions and all characters had a use

I think it might be because of the fact that there are Nintendo characters on them and characters people love like kirby and sonic, It might also be because on Mario maker you need them to unlock new costumes for Mario on the super Mario bros layout. Or maybe the fact you can Trane them in super smash bros 4

I think that the main reason for this is probably because Nintendo has a more of a nostalgic fan-base because Amiibo figures are usually Mario or Pikmin for example or some sort of game franchise and because Skylanders isn't 100% original (please don't hate me for saying that, it's my opinion), Nintendo get's a bigger Fan-Base for Amiibo. I mean, Nintendo has been around before Video Games were even made (fun fact that you might have not known, they were a card company or something like that, look it up)! Also you can (to an extent) customize your amiibo's (physical) appearance and also change your Amiibo's in game appearance (again, to an extent) which made a huge amount of people get into Amiibo which probably would not have happened if no ways of customizing your Amiibo was a thing.

Amiibos do better than skylanders and the Disney infinitey toyline because skalpers how sell amiibos tend to buy a ton to sell on ebay for more originally cost. They would also buy a lot to make it harder for those how want to collect every amiibo released and to make them pay overpriced. Amiibos are also popular because artists tend to customize it making amiibos really cool. Also defects tend to be more popular with amiibos then other toy to life franchise.

I thought that Skylanders was pretty cool, hut ti seems to have gone downhill recently. Unlike Skylanders, Amiibos are not necessary to enjoy the game, are not tied to any one game in particular, and have a level of quality and detail in the figures that is far superior to the majority of the Skylanders.

I think the two main factors that made amiibo do better than their competitors (or, supposedly, I haven't seen the sales figures myself) are primarily because:

1. Unlike Skylanders, everyone knows who the amiibo characters are, or at least for the most part - Mario, Pikachu, Link and so forth.

2. Unlike Disney Infinity, they were already videogame characters to begin with, meaning most people who have heard of these characters would already be interested in the videogames they'll be used in to begin with.

Plus, amiibo are still being made, and sold. Skylanders and Disney Infinity died off ages ago because their games died. In some of their cases, Disney Infinity and perhaps also LEGO Dimensions as well, none of the current generation platforms support those games anymore. Amiibo can still be used and can likely be used in many games for years to come. Nintendo can sell them, and keep selling them, because they managed to turn them into something more beyond a fad game series that dies without a yearly release.

I mean yes they are better in many ways and most licensed brands other than Nintendo IPs/indie titles stay far away from that now it's because it's more cost effective to make a mobile phone game with microtransactions with that name like say Nickelodeon and make special editions rather than waste paint and plastic on things similar to Amiibos that go straight to Goodwill because no one wants them and they are the same thing as a McDonald's toy to most people.

Back