Persona Q Where do I Start in Persona Q?

• Thread starter Shukurimu
  • Start date
Shukurimu

Shukurimu

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ 私に深瀬を呼ぶ !!!!
Towns Folk
Since the new Persona game is coming out on PS4 pretty soon.. I was wondering, does it matter which game you begin with? In other words.. Is it a linear kind of game or an episodic kind of series?

Thanks in advance!

Persona Q is just a spin-off of the Persona games.

You can start with any Persona game since they're different storylines and it doesn't really matter if you've played Persona 3 or Persona 4 to play and enjoy Persona Q, but it might help.

persona Q is set in the mid of the history of persona 3 and persona 4 (but it isnt relevant to the history of these two games)

persona 3 and persona 4 shares some elements like erigor, persona 4 have references to persona 3 and persona 3 portable have references to persona 4(if you play with the female protagonist)

but the main story is completely diferent from the others so, it isnt necesary to play the games in a certain order (except playing persona q after playing persona 3 and 4 for obvius reasons)

It does not matter where you begin. The gameplay is the same whichever path you choose. The only difference is the overall dialogue in the path you take. Also, the battle theme is different for both paths. If you already have a background on the Persona games, then you should choose what you'd like

Well, the story of each Persona is different so you won't miss nothing if it is your first game (just a few details about Igor that appeared in both games).

In the case of Persona Q, it features its own story based in the characters of both Persona 3 and 4, but it isn't necessarily needed to understand the story (unlike the fighting spin-off which name I don't remember haha)

So enjoy Persona 5 now if you have a Japanese copy or in February once it is out in the rest of the world.
If you have a PS Vita (or PlayStation TV, this thing is 40 bucks) I deeply recommend playing Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 FES.

Despite that I sold my vita I'm buying a PS TV so I can play the rest of the games I bough, including these two.

Back