When did you use the Master Ball?

• Thread starter Impulse
  • Start date
I don't use them that often, if ever. For roaming 'mons, I just use pokemon with trapping abilities at the front of my party, then throw quick balls 'til it's caught. (Quick balls have like a 4 or 8x catch rate, I forget which). :cat:

I don't use them that often, if ever. For roaming 'mons, I just use pokemon with trapping abilities at the front of my party, then throw quick balls 'til it's caught. (Quick balls have like a 4 or 8x catch rate, I forget which). :cat:
Quick Balls only work on the first turn though, right? :eek:

I usually use my masterball on roaming legendary pokemon. Due to them always fleeing battle, unless A have a pokemon with the ability arena trap or the move mean look. Other than that I don't really use my masterball. Its my last resort pokeball.

i haven't used mine yet. probably gonna try it on the moltres i have floating around though.

In most games I end up catching the Legendary with another type of ball, so Usually I have nothing to use my Master ball on. (Unless I have to save it for Latio@s. >_>)

I found a Master Ball and used it later on a Deoxys. Using Ultraballs on this Pokemon was like throwing pebbles and oranges.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lexi.D
You did the right choice, using the Master ball on Deoxys.... I heard it was really hard to catch him. I sadly made him faint, so I'm trying to get to him again

I used my Master ball on an Azelf in ORAS because I was in a hurry :/ I am yet to get to him again and hopefully get him to trade :D

Edit: In previous games, I used the Master Ball on the legendary birds... but in Pokemon Pearl, I accidentally used it on a Noctowl :( Sad times

Reactions: ✍MaskSmash✌
Hm, I don't use my Master ball on Legendary Pokemon at all, unless I get a Shiny! I remember back in the FireRed days where I had a Master ball and was facing off against Mewtwo. I was insanely frustrated, but I decided to not even look at my Master Ball. 13 Ultra Balls later...*Click*! I caught Mewtwo in an Ultra Ball! :D
I was so glad I used an ultra ball on it, because the next day I encountered a Shiny Abra, which I used a Master Ball on :woot:

I think you chose the right Pokemon to use your master ball on. I hear it's easy to make Deoxys faint in OR/AS, so a guaranteed capture eliminates the pressure of having to bring it to a low level without it fainting.

I still haven't used mine yet. I'm so afraid of using it on the wrong pokémon that I sort of just let it sit there... >_>

I think you chose the right Pokemon to use your master ball on. I hear it's easy to make Deoxys faint in OR/AS, so a guaranteed capture eliminates the pressure of having to bring it to a low level without it fainting.

I still haven't used mine yet. I'm so afraid of using it on the wrong pokémon that I sort of just let it sit there... >_>
That;s why it's advisable to ALWAYS save before fighting a Legendary, no matter how easy it might seem to catch. You might get a stroke of bad luck (Which would be good luck in a regular batte) and get a Critical Hit, making them faint. If that's the case, just hit L+R+START+SELECT together, and retry :)
It's a process called soft-resetting which also helps when trying to get a Shiny legendary Pokemon.

Reactions: Lexi.D and ✍MaskSmash✌
That;s why it's advisable to ALWAYS save before fighting a Legendary, no matter how easy it might seem to catch. You might get a stroke of bad luck (Which would be good luck in a regular batte) and get a Critical Hit, making them faint. If that's the case, just hit L+R+START+SELECT together, and retry :)
It's a process called soft-resetting which also helps when trying to get a Shiny legendary Pokemon.
You actually don't have to press Start+Select while soft resetting :p L+R+Start or select, also, if you suspect if you are gonna run into a legendary soon, it doesn't hurt to save every couple of steps. They made the save time significantly shorter. D&P was a pain because it took almost 30 seconds to save.

Reactions: 532
I used my master ball on a magickarp. I wanted to confirm if it could actually catch any pokemon. Turns out it can! Only problem is that I don't have one now...

Reactions: 3823
I used my master ball on a magickarp. I wanted to confirm if it could actually catch any pokemon. Turns out it can! Only problem is that I don't have one now...
.....................................................Are you serious? .-.

Reactions: Electro and 3823
I used it on Primal Groudon. *Cheers Of Anger Sound Through The Forums* I only used it becuase I accidentally brough in my water team not knowing about Desolate Land. After my first slaughter I brought in a grass team but aparently groudon knows fire moves. Since I had only teams that were themed off the starter types and i knew fire would fail, i used a masterball.

Alright, I'll set the scene...

It was day one in X/Y (I don't have ORAS)..I got a fishing rod, and I went over to route 3. It was a quiet day. The water was calm, not many people were around. Occasionally, the sound of a Wingull flying by could be heard, but other than that, the only audible sounds were the soft pitter patter of the water and the rustle of the leaves on the nearby trees.

After awhile, I grew tired of fishing. Nothing was biting, and no one was around to keep me company while I fished. So I wandered over to Route 22. While there still weren't many people around, I had heard rumours that a very strong, huge, fish-like creatures could be found here...

Sure enough, after 5 minutes of fishing, I found one.

We tussled for a long while, back and forth, until finally, a thought occurred to me: I can use a master ball! It was a quick motion. One flick of the wrist and I hit that fish square in his eye. He splashed around for awhile, but to no known effect. The next thing I know, the Pokeball was moving... 1..2..3..Success!

The battle was over. The monster fish had finally become mine! It was that day that I used the master ball to catch..

*puts sunglasses on*

Magikarp

YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH.:wtf:

Reactions: SmashChamp, Electro, 3823 and 1 other person
Wow, xD such a majestic story! That must have been your prized possession for a while Billy! Truly somethin to tell the grandkids :')

Reactions: Warbird
Hey wanna hear a secret? I got my master ball in X/Y but never used it. I still have yet to catch mewtwo who has been sitting in that cave for years. I'm probably never going to catch him cause I'm too lazy to go there. WELP, it's not a secret anymore.

Reactions: Electro
I forgot I even had one lol. I've caught all the legendaries I can get on OR and my Master Ball remains unused.

I always use it on a other legandary than the cover mascot ! for example kyurem or mewtwo but sometimes I don't even use it at all !

Used it on Deoxy, since I didn't want to kill it and didn't want it to kill me. If he is not immediately after Rayquaza then I'd have used an ultra ball on him :(
I kind of regret losing my master ball, other legendaries are much harder to catch!

Back