What's your favorite Mario game?

• Thread starter Skully
  • Start date
The holy list of Paper Mario games, I really liked Super Paper Mario, good plot twist, amazing music, I would play it everyday until my sis broke it, but its fine.

My favorite Mario game is Mario and Luigi : Bowser's Inside Story! It has a wonderful storyline and the gameplay is marvelous! I've played that game ever since I was a little kid, too. It does get a bit difficult at certain parts of the game, though ;^;. I've never beaten it, nor gotten far, but I still love it. :D
Did you stop at a certain boss that you couldn't beat, I've gotten close to beating the game but got stuck on a boss... Then lost the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: spagooti
Did you stop at a certain boss that you couldn't beat, I've gotten close to beating the game but got stuck on a boss... Then lost the game
I don't know, it's been so long since I gave up ;-; sounds bad, though. I restarted it a while ago, but I remember some kinda of giant carrot you have to eat in a minute? I don't know, but it was very difficult! I could never beat it. I had to usually get my sister to do it ;-; I'm not a fast clicker.

Reactions: BonnetteForever
I don't know, it's been so long since I gave up ;-; sounds bad, though. I restarted it a while ago, but I remember some kinda of giant carrot you have to eat in a minute? I don't know, but it was very difficult! I could never beat it. I had to usually get my sister to do it ;-; I'm not a fast clicker.
It took me a while to do it too, but after that the bosses get harder by the end of the game there's this trashcans monsters, I couldn't even attack them before Mario or Luigi dying, it's like a no hit run in that boss...

Reactions: spagooti
The first original Paper Mario hands down. I have yet to play the others, especially Thousand Year Door and I've heard that one is great too. But the original had such an amazing feel to it in my opinion and I enjoyed it throughout. Everything about it, I loved so much. I'd love a remake though, if possible and only if nothing is removed/changed. Same game, but maybe with EXTRA features. And higher quality graphics and sprites....but maybe with the same sprite designs too.

Reactions: BonnetteForever
I am an young gamer and I really like all the Mario cart games and super Mario Galaxy. I have not 100% any of my favorite games yet because I suck at the 150cc and the bonce worlds. these are my favorite games ever.

Mine is Super Mario Galaxy 1-2

Mario kart double dash.

Whats your favorite Mario game?
Old or New

Tell us below!
My favorite Mario game is and will always be super Mario world. I love it from the art style, the mechanics, the music and gameplay.

super mario world, this 2d mario is by far the best, it took the formula from smb3 and made everything about it better! new power-ups, being able to run up walls, finding the switch castles, everything about it is simply amazing!, if only had the new 3ds Xl so that I could download it...

Super Mario World, definitely. I just love everything about it. Sure, it didn't have as many power-ups as Super Mario Bros. 3, but the Cape Feather and Yoshi make up for it. The levels had a lot more to them as well, some leading to secret paths. The Star World was a nice touch, and the Special World (I think that's what it was called?) offers more of a challenge for hardcore players. It's probably the most enjoyable 2D platformer on the SNES imo.

Reactions: Splatoonsquid 2
Galaxy 1

Reactions: Splatoonsquid 2
Mine is Super Mario World of all time, because this game is pretty awesome. My favorite part of Super Mario World is when Mario is when he is flying with the cape. I think cape is the best flying method also in all the Mario games such as Tanooki Leaf, Red Star, and many others. #supermarioworld

New, Super mario galaxy 2

Super Mario Galaxy because it's so fun.
Mario Kart Wii because of nostalgia.
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story because of how "fawful" it is.

I love super mario maker because i can create many (HARD :vamp: ) levels and play some different ones every day :D but my favorite 2d maro game is super mario world because i love SNES and the game is awesome and 3d is super mario64 because it was my first mario game and its really fun!

This is a tricky question as both new and old Mario games are both very excellent games, though the new ones are too easy compared to the older ones, the older ones also dont have to cool items thatthe new ones have. So I'll have to go with that i much rather prefer the newer ones. But now that I have decided which of the new or old maio games I like. I'd have to say my favorite Mario game is most likely Super Mario Galaxy 2, I like the second one, dont get me wrong, but the second one really got to me, you didnt have to know the plot of the first game to understand the second, the second one had more power ups, and even has a Super Mario 64 throw back stage.

I loved the Mario & Luigi RPGs. In most Mario games, the story is very lacking, and the gameplay is just simple platforming, with only good level design saving it. In the RPGs, both those shortcomings go straight out the window. With the most potent example I've played being Bowser's Inside Story, the stories are rich and engaging, and the gameplay is wonderful (since I love RPGs).

I would have to say super sunshine because it was the most fun out of the Mario games that I have played. It was also just one of those fun classic games ever created and found by my family

I would say my fav is super mario bros. 2 . It is one out of 3 of the 1st mario games I had ever played and even tho it's really doci doki panic I still see it as a good mario game. I think it was a good idea they had to change the mario games up just a bit and brought a lot of fun to it.

Original Mario RPG on SNES has a special place in my heart :)

Back