Devil Survivor What's up with Yamato in Devil Survivor 2?

• Thread starter Apollo
  • Start date
Apollo

Apollo

Time Mage
Towns Folk
I've just started playing the Triangulum arc after playing the Septentrione arc. Why do they even want to find Yamato? He was like the biggest jerk. Why do they even care? Seriously...

I've just started playing the Triangulum arc after playing the Septentrione arc. Why do they even want to find Yamato? He was like the biggest jerk. Why do they even care? Seriously...
He is the only reason they survived more than one day in the septentrione arc. You wouldn't be able to kill Merak on day 2 because without Yamato you wouldn't be in Osaka meaning the world would end. Hooray!
But also because he can utilise 'Dragon stream' which is vital for the fight against [SPOILER='big bad boss
An enemy that can only be killed by Yamato
If you play on you'll find out more.

Besides the above, it is taken that Yamato got lots of character development on the Septentrione Arc, so he's definitely not a jerk anymore, or at least not at heart.

Reactions: Shin
Yes he is a bit of a jerk but you have to admit the guy is rather interest to say the least. After a while he does become a little less of a jerk tho. Despite that I kinda like his character cause it goes well with the other characters. I find the 1st girl in your party to be much more annoying and sometimes much more useless then Yamato could ever really be . Plus I enjoy his character design.

Back