Phoenix Wright What would you think of a localized Dai Gyakuten Saiban? - Phoenix Wright

• Thread starter Chickenfoot
  • Start date
Chickenfoot

Chickenfoot

Devourer of Cakes
Towns Folk
^Dai Gyakuten Saiban Trailer.

In case you don't already know, Dai Gyakuten Saiban is the latest in the Ace Attorney series (In Japan at least.)
So, I was wondering whether anyone would like to see it or believe that it will be localized, or whether you believe it will recieve the same fate as the Miles Edgeworth series and just be patched into English by some modders?

Personally, I really do want to see this game localized, mainly because of how amazed I was at how perfect Dual Destinies turned out on the 3DS. I will admit that I was a bit put off at first by seeing the characters in 3D for the first time, but I personally believe that Dual Destinies was the best purchase I've made on my DS.

Oh yes, worth to localize at all since we will have no more Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban) titles, just like what Shu Takumi (the creator) said. Though it's possible to create the continuation of Apollo Justice.

Still. The first trilogy serves the best text adventure of Phoenix Wright.

I would like to see this game be localised, although at this time I feel it would only muster a digital release rather than retail.

If I remember right, the protagonist in this game will be related to Phoenix, so I have to wonder if the other characters will be related to other known Ace Attorney characters. One notable example is that guy on the prosecution gives off an Edgeworth feel. And Sherlock Holmes is tolerable but I wish they would get rid of that silly hat. Sherlock was never depicted wearing that in the original novels and quite frankly it looks silly, although it may be neat to find out later on if he is not Sherlock Holmes but is someone pretending to be a fictional character.

And this jury system will be interesting considering Dual Destinies did not follow up with Apollo Justice's jury trial, though how flexible it will be remains to be seen.

Of course I want the game localized . However I am loosing hope since with Dual Destinies they announced right away that we were getting the game. We haven't heard of a single peep that they are even thinking about bringing it over here. I really don't care if it's digital only . I just want the game, but I hope they will announce something soon, before I loose all hope .

Of course I want the game localized . However I am loosing hope since with Dual Destinies they announced right away that we were getting the game. We haven't heard of a single peep that they are even thinking about bringing it over here. I really don't care if it's digital only . I just want the game, but I hope they will announce something soon, before I loose all hope .

To be fair, they did say it was going to be digital only from the outset. That being said, I do hope we end up with some sort of bundle pack later on down the 3DS line.

Because of the plot of the game the game will not be localized according to the devs. The localized versions of the ace attorney games usually take place in america while the japanese versions take place in Japan. The Plot of the game however makes it impossible to take place outside of japan ( I don't know the reasons, the devs and english fan translators said that) So we will most likely only get a fan translated version sadly. :(

Because of the plot of the game the game will not be localized according to the devs. The localized versions of the ace attorney games usually take place in america while the japanese versions take place in Japan. The Plot of the game however makes it impossible to take place outside of japan ( I don't know the reasons, the devs and english fan translators said that) So we will most likely only get a fan translated version sadly. :(

Dredging up history here, are we?

They're likely worried that all their carefully constructed localisation of Japan into Los Japangeles wouldn't mesh well with Dai Gyakuten Saiban's blatant Japanese roots in the plot. IMO the simple fix is just literally still have it take place in Japan (and later somewhere in Europe if I'm not mistaken.) It's not going to mess with the current localised plot because it takes place in the past and since the protagonist is Phoenix's ancestor, lets just say his lineage went over to Los Japangeles at some point.

Boom, no problems far as I can tell.

It would be awesome to have it localized. Japan must not keep this game only for themselves. I've been playing the series ever since. I've already played the translated/modded Miles Edgeworth investigations. It was great. I really can't believe these games haven't been localized yet.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Back