What Would Make Smilebasic Better?

• Thread starter friday13
  • Start date
friday13

friday13

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
Please name a feature you wish was in smilebasic. Please do not name features that Nintendo will definitely not allow in it.
I have two: subfolders in projects, and creating a main file that can run when you select the project.

I Would really like 3 things
1, Image that could be imported from 3ds Camera application, I understand the sort of legal issues that could come from uploading copyright images as your own, but Smilebasic in and of itself pretty dangerous, as people coul make games ANY way they want. And plagiarism is pretty well regulated on Smilebasic, so I think it would be ok
2 Battery power detection. I thinkmit would be AMAZING if you could detect the batter power left on the DS, there could be programs to warn you when the battery is geeting to low. Mmm!
3, 3d detection, as with battery life, I think it would be cool for programs to know iwhere the 3d depth slider is, or at the very least, if its on, Maybethere is I don't know, there are a lot of smilebasic commands I don't know about.

Well Smilebasic is little better then PetitComputer,, but having pics put on the app would be good, they already have dlc where can put sound on it, so still there could be new stuff on the way, so they might do dlc of the stuff I want on it sooner or later.

Support for object oriented programming and/or functional programming:
  • Lambdas/High order functions.
  • Lazy evaluation.
  • Pattern matching.
  • Classes.
  • Having more high level abstractions than GOTO (it's 2017 pls).
  • Testing.
Basically, stuff to be expected from regular programming languages of the XXI century.

Back