What is your favorite Shin Megami Tensei game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Bravely default isn't Megaten...
Though I'm hoping you knew that. :rotfl:
Oops made a mistake :p

I liked Nocturne a lot, but it was a bit sad we didn't get SMT2 at all. It felt like there was a gap and I never got to find out how the transition was. There were too many additions from SMT 1 to 3 since I skipped 2, making it hard for me most of the time! I also liked IMAGINE a bit, but never got around to playing more than 20 hours or so.

The shin Megami Tensei Devil survivors were probably my favorite, have over 60 hours clocked into the game

The shin Megami Tensei Devil survivors were probably my favorite, have over 60 hours clocked into the game
I guess you could say you...Overclocked those games? Eh? Eh???

Does persona 4 count? If it doesn't I'm still saying persona 4

Does persona 4 count? If it doesn't I'm still saying persona 4
You disgust me

Reactions: 8150
My favorite SMT game is Devil Survivor: Overclocked because of its combat system and its different endings exclusive to the 3DS, but I must say that it is in a close tie to Persona 3 because of its dungeon (Tartarus) and the Social Links to get different persona fusions.

I played the DevilSurvivor Series that got a remake *fanboy scream* which is where my avatar is from

Devil Survivor 2. I love using Metatron. Though it is sad when you end the game without going LV 99

Mine is Devil survivor

I've heard about Shin Megami Tensei a lot, but is it any good? What are the games about? What's the best one on DS/3ds?

Thanks in advance for helping!

Kinda like pokemon with demons but it has strategy. It is also dependent on your decisions.

If your a strategic/ really like strategy games it will be up your alley if not try a different game series 'Your first SMT game is always your hardest'

SMT is strategy rpg. Very fun and enjoyable and recommended for those that like challenges

Thanks! I think I'll save up to get one! Which one on 3ds is the best?

I've only finished SMT IV and Devil Survivor 2. Currently playing Devil Survivor 1. I'd say my favourite so far has been Devil Survivor 2. The character development did it for me. DS 1 is nice but I just wish the story would pick up a bit. It's already Day 3 but there hasn't been much plot progression.

Favorites are Shin Megami Tensei IV, the spin-off SMT: Devil Survivor 2 (RB), and Strange Journey. Basically, most of the handheld ones...

Reactions: Shin
My faves are a tie between Devil Survivor and Devil Survivor 2, the former even introduced me to the SMT series <3

Loved the atmosphere, the characters, the customization options, everything, and the remakes just amp it up.

Still my favorites even though they technically aren't even SMT titles (Atlus USA is to blame for that, Persona and Devil Survivor aren't SMT, they just put it on for marketing, since the series isn't that well known in America)

Well these are my favourites!
Devil Surviovor
Devil Surviovor 2
Persona 3
Persona 4
Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
Nocturne
Devil Summoner
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back