What is this Franchise?

• Thread starter -_Roberto_-
  • Start date
-_Roberto_-

-_Roberto_-

Businessman
Banned User
I have never heard of this franchise before in my life before I saw this forum. Can someone tell me what it is about?

the series generally is like pokemon where normally your character figts with demons and more mature history than pokemon

each game have his own hisotory and dont have sequels, however, there are exceptions

in the main saga: you must talk to demons and negotiate with them to have them join you, there are multiple ending in each game
persona: persona 3 and 4 have social game elementes with school life (for example the sims) that affects the battles and they are great,
but persona 1 and 2 are like standart rpgs,
but persona 1 wont aged very well and when I played, it was frustrating and there were too much ramdom battles that were boring, the battle sistem is unbalanced and with so much useless skills, and the Snow queen quest have too much <censored>, but the history is insteresting,
I have to play persona 2 to see how its is but i know the combat sistem is more normal

there are more "sub series" with their own elements, for example , devil survivor have a ciberpunk theme

Last edited:
So its basically like every single anime game ever? Because every anime game is bound to be like Pokemon. I might consider buying this even though I'm not into anime very much.

So its basically like every single anime game ever? Because every anime game is bound to be like Pokemon. I might consider buying this even though I'm not into anime very much.
what? that isnt what i wanted to say

The idea may sound like Pokemon on paper, but its far from Pokemon. Also, this series has been around longer than Pokemon, so it didn't steal the idea from it.

T R I G G E R E D.

Reactions: Tri-force64, Iridium Winter and Shin
If you give up easily I recommend staying the river Styx and back away from it as the main series is hard as. I recommend starting with a spin off to easy yourself into it but not persona. Persona sucks :p

Reactions: Blue Knight
It's mostly turn-based strategy. You explore, fight, win, profit. Rinse and repeat. Anyways, the franchise is worth playing

Well it really depends on witch branch your asking about. There are many different games of the franchise. Also they aren't any where near like pokemon. Not every game is like pokemon. Megami Tensei is a series of role-playing video games primarily developed and published by Atlus. It began in 1987 with the Famicom game Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei, and has since spawned several spin-offs and sub-series, such as Shin Megami Tensei, Persona and Devil Summoner. They have a dark story tone in a lot of the game but Persona 4 is a little bit of both. The games that the franchise has is :
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei II
Kyūyaku Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei II
Shin Megami Tensei If...
Shin Megami Tensei: Nine
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Revelations: The Demon Slayer
Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible II
Last Bible III
Another Bible
Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special
Majin Tensei
Majin Tensei II: Spiral Nemesis
Ronde
Majin Tensei: Blind Thinker
Majin Tensei: Blind Thinker II
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon
Revelations: Persona
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Persona 4 Arena
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Persona 5
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children – Black Book
and Red Book
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children – White Book
Shin Megami Tensei Trading Card: Card Summoner
DemiKids: Light Version
and Dark Version
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children – Puzzle de Call!
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children – Book of Fire
and Book of Ice
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children – Messiah Riser
Jack Bros.
Giten Megami Tensei: Tokyo Mokushiroku
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

And about 29 spin offs .

If your interested in the history of the games I found a vid for you :