Virtual Console What if Gamecube games were released as Virtual console games?

• Thread starter Scraggy32
  • Start date
Scraggy32

Scraggy32

Scraggy FTW
Towns Folk
What if Gamecube games were released as Virtual console games?

There could be a drastic increase in the amount of virtual console purchases by the nintendo community, but the other thing to consider is the size of the games. Each GCN game is aprox 1.2-1.7 gigs. Those would stack up quite quickly AND we have no clue where nintendo would price such things.

When it comes down to it, both the GameCube Zelda games cost about the same price as a new Wii U game. Considering how large and taxing it is for the server to handle, I can't see how well a GameCube game in a Virtual Console will handle, unless you like to pay that game at the same price like it was when those games were released. You should know about how more financially reliable games in disc are in comparison to a server. I would know, because otherwise, I would have my game already published on Steam.

When it comes down to it, both the GameCube Zelda games cost about the same price as a new Wii U game. Considering how large and taxing it is for the server to handle, I can't see how well a GameCube game in a Virtual Console will handle, unless you like to pay that game at the same price like it was when those games were released. You should know about how more financially reliable games in disc are in comparison to a server. I would know, because otherwise, I would have my game already published on Steam.

Never thought of it like that

A dream come true. I think the reason why that hd remake costs so much is because of the ammibo and its extra features that were included. Some vcr and hd remakes of some gamecube games would be amazing! I think nintendo should announce more games for the wii u that are hd remakes in a nintendo direct.

It's odd how there are Wii games on the virtual console before any un-remasterd GameCube games. Hopefully the NX or some other possible Nintendo system to come will break that barrier. GameCube games are slowly becoming more scarce by the year, so It'd be nice to at least have something like Super Mario Sunshine as a VC game, even though there's a 101% chance of that not happening, lol.

Super Smash Bros. Melee and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door are two very important games missing from my collection right now, and a GC Virtual Console would be a great solution to my predicament. In fact, imagine Melee with added internet connectivity. Now that's something I know Nintendo would never do, but doesn't stop me from dreaming. :p

If it does happen, they should be compatible with the GameCube adaptors. It would be a good idea because it would be nostalgic for some people and it would feel like an authentic and real GameCube game working on another console, am I right?

Why would Nintendo give us a Game Cube VC?

Nintendo doesn't love us that much.

Anyway, I don't see it happening. Even though I'd absolutely love to see Sunshine or Paper Mario TTYD get a VC, I just don't see it happening. Mainly because if they were planning to make a Game Cube VC, they would have already.

I think it's stupid they haven't made one, though. Seeing how everyone would absolutely love it. But, Nintendo just doesn't like doing what the fanbase absolutely wants for some reason.

Now here's the thing, some people feel as though gamecube games arn't ' retro ' enough, and those people are correct. Myself am very surprised to see the ds up there with such games as animal crossing wild world, if gamecube games were introduced there would be more than a bit costly.

It was just a thought anyway, of course it would have been nice to have HD Remakes of Classic Gamecube games such as Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault, Or Even Pikmin 1 and 2 just like they did for the Zelda games (Windwaker and the Twilight Princess) of course Considering the Nintendo NX, maybe they might consider releasing GC VC Games there. Of course that's my opinion.

Back