What game should I get...

• Thread starter xmenpkmntrainer
  • Start date
xmenpkmntrainer

xmenpkmntrainer

Wielder of the 3DS!
Towns Folk
Should I get bravery default, donkey kong 3d or mario and luigi dream team, please give me reasons why I should get the game you think I should I get. Thank you ^ ^

Bravely Default - I think you'll like it. I heard that it's repetitive, but it should be given a chance. Great anime style RPG.

DK 3d - Assuming it's similar to the Wii version, it would be one hell of a hard game. If you don't mind a challenge, by means go for it! Great game though. I just found it frustrating, personally.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - can't comment, since I haven't played it.

hope my input is useful to you! ;)

Bravely Default - I think you'll like it. I heard that it's repetitive, but it should be given a chance. Great anime style RPG.

DK 3d - Assuming it's similar to the Wii version, it would be one hell of a hard game. If you don't mind a challenge, by means go for it! Great game though. I just found it frustrating, personally.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - can't comment, since I haven't played it.

hope my input is useful to you! ;)
Hmm.... Based on your post donkey kong 3d sounds better, I'll see what others say and thnx for posting :)

Bravely Default:
I've only tried the demo, so I can't say much. Personally, I wouldn't get it based on the demo, but I'm usually not into JRPGs anyways.

DKCR 3D:
The Wii version is awesome and I'd buy this one as well, if it had more new content. Get it if you don't have the Wii version and like challenging platformers. Way better than the NSMB series when playing solo.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team:
The game was disappointing to me. The battle system is nice (as always), but everything else is just meh (except beef). Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story are way better.

Bravely Default:
I've only tried the demo, so I can't say much. Personally, I wouldn't get it based on the demo, but I'm usually not into JRPGs anyways.

DKCR 3D:
The Wii version is awesome and I'd buy this one as well, if it had more new content. Get it if you don't have the Wii version and like challenging platformers. Way better than the NSMB series when playing solo.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team:
The game was disappointing to me. The battle system is nice (as always), but everything else is just meh (except beef). Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story are way better.
Thanks for the advice ^_^

Depends on what you want to play more, if looking for good platformer - DK, if want just have fun with story, new mechanics and minigames - Dream Team (reminds Bowser's Inside Story somehow) and finally, if waited for good old-school RPG with modern features - Bravely Default.

I've only played Bravely Default out of these three games, but it's my longest played game, clocking in just under 150 hours. The game is pretty amazing in my opinion, although, like Mikaya said, about midway through the game, it gets extremely repetitive. Chapter 5-8 are pretty much identical, except for a few different lines in the dialogue. It is important to note that most of chapters 5-8 is optional, you do not have to defeat all of the bosses again, but I'd reccomend that you at least try to, because not only is the dialogue entertaining, and the battle a lot more challenging, you'r also going to need to level up as much as you possibly can in preparation for the final chapter.

The characters are characters you will fall in love with, each of them has their own unique personality and back story, which makes the dialogue throughout the game enjoyable to listen to. The voice acting isn't all great, but it adds a refreshing change to the game to be able to hear what each character sounds like. The class/job system is one of the best I've ever seen in any game. Starting off with one basic job, as you travel through the game, you unlock access to 23 other jobs. With the ability to choose a primary job (which your character will show up as and gain the stat loss/boost of) , and a secondary job, which gives your character all of the skills they've learned from that job. There's also passive abilities in the game, each job has a handful of abilities to pick from, all with a score rating from 1-3, and just like fire emblem, you can level up other jobs and use those abilities to improve another of your jobs. By the end of the game you will be able to use five points worth of abilities on each character. If you're not one to spend your time farming the areaa for experience to level up your jobs to unlock abilities you don't have yet, don't worry, because Bravely Default allows you to connect to your friends, allowing you to 'Abilink' one of your friends to a character, unlocking all of the skills and abilities that your friend has in their game. This can be extremely useful early on in the game, I'd advise you to take advantage of it.

Sorry for the huge wall of text, and I should also make it clear that my 150 hours of gameplay is across more than one game save. The most I've clocked in on one play through is just under 73hours.

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer
I've played DK and Dream Team; basically, the Donkey Kong game is good but really frustrating at times and I rage quitted during the ENTIRE WORLD OF CARTING which was just really bad. If you know you can take it, go ahead. Dream Team starts off slowly, but slowly gets better; it's too bad at times they hold your hand completely but at other times it's a bit bland and you're not entirely sure why you're doing what you're doing/what to do.

You listed three very good games. Of the three, I'd pick Dream Team. You can't go wrong with any of them tough.

Thnx for all your help, I looked at some reviews for the games, watched the trailers for the game and decided that I should get bravely default as I have the previous installments for mario and luigi and I have played donkey kong returns before I played a lot at a friemds house and bravely default is a new experience for me that I'm really enjoying thanks everyone for your replies :)

Reactions: Mikaya and Dexter
Back