What do you think makes Smash Bros. such a good series?

• Thread starter Slayer115
  • Start date
Slayer115

Slayer115

The Thing That Should Not Be
Towns Folk
Smash Bros. is a great series because of the music, the graphics, and the many characters that truly show how much the series has evolved over the years. Many of the stages are amazing visually like Brinstar and Final Destination and it show's how much the developers put into this amazing series

Well, it IS developed by Masahiro Sakurai, the man has a really nice policy of always giving his best on making games, not easy cash grabs. One of the reasons he left HAL Laboratory.

That said, he IS tired of being forced to work on the series, so I believe they should let him drop it until he wants to return to it. If the series skips a generation, that's fine, let him do his other projects, it will keep the series fresh and avoid getting it stale and repetitive. And more importantly, allow the series to properly evolve at it's own pace and retain, as well as increase in, it's quality.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
Well, it IS developed by Masahiro Sakurai, the man has a really nice policy of always giving his best on making games, not easy cash grabs. One of the reasons he left HAL Laboratory.

That said, he IS tired of being forced to work on the series, so I believe they should let him drop it until he wants to return to it. If the series skips a generation, that's fine, let him do his other projects, it will keep the series fresh and avoid getting it stale and repetitive. And more importantly, allow the series to properly evolve at it's own pace and retain, as well as increase in, it's quality.
Very well said

Reactions: Blue Knight
You mean apart from having everyone's favorite characters duking it out and answering the playground questions that have plagued middle schoolers everywhere; "Who would win in a fight..."?o_O

Smash Bros. is a great series because of the music, the graphics, and the many characters that truly show how much the series has evolved over the years. Many of the stages are amazing visually like Brinstar and Final Destination and it show's how much the developers put into this amazing series
i think the super smash bros games dont ever get old because nintendo keeps it fresh with new characters and maps.

I think the series is so good because it features iconic characters and maps that you can fight with/on.

I think it's good because of nostalgia purposes, but not just that, it lets people who are new to the gaming community meet new characters from different franchises, and maybe make them curious enough to learn more about the character.

If there's one reason Super Smash Bros. stands out and become a good series, it's none other than it being the fighting games that breaks the usual mold of depleting the health bar and KO-ing them. Instead, they proceed with sending the opponents out from the arena most of the time (with exception of some modes in particular), which makes it unique among many fighting games known to date.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
I guess it's the way you can play with friends while playing as your favorite Nintendo characters. I dunno, I've never really played a Smash game before.

Back