What are some good eshop games in like the $5 range?

• Thread starter CaptainWiggy
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
CaptainWiggy

CaptainWiggy

Mr. Nice Guy
Towns Folk
What are some good eshop games in like the $5 range? (US dollar) :)
Like a recommendation from first hand experience would be nice

I would recommend The Legend of Dark Witch. It is a neat platformer/side-scrolling game from Circle Entertainment imbued with light, easy enough bullet-hell style. Anime-style chara and Japanese dub, if you're interestes.

I am writing a review about it in this site, so please look forward into it.

I hear Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword is a pretty decent game. Although, I haven't played the whole game myself, but I've seen others play it, and it looked pretty fun. Only ranging to about 7-8 dollars ($7, I've heard), this game could be a game of your liking.

For such a simple game, the game is unique, and fulfilling. The action and adventure is pretty nice, too. The game includes sword fighting combat, where you slash your opponents, defend, use special attacks, etc. The game combat is a thrill ride of fun, since you have to fight many different enemies, and you just have this feeling where you want to continue. The storyline is pretty decent, too. The game seems like a fun game, or at least, to me.

I may have gotten little first-hand experiences, but I can just say, from seeing others play the game and a little gameplay from me, the game is a great addition to the 3DS Library. The style, the music, and the combat of the game is just amazing.

Reactions: CaptainWiggy
I would recommend Metroid, 10 in 1 arcade collection, and donkey kong. Those are some good eshop games that are in the five dollar range. They are all really fun original games.

Probably Zelda Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. I have never played them myself but on many review sites it has awesome reviews, IGN even gave it a 10/10. My friend just got Oracle of Seasons and she's looking foward to it. If I ever get eshop credit I am probably gonna get Oracle of Ages (And 3DS Themes :3)

I would recommend Steamworld Dig. It is a neat little Indie game like a 2D Minecraft. (Minus the Sandbox Game part) It is pretty fun and the gameplay kept me occupied for about 3 days. It is a great game and I think it is three dollars. (Not sure if it was on sale or not when I got it though)

Steamworld Dig is a must, it's like Metroid esque adventure but its full of secrets and a full world to explore and new powers to get and get stronger along tthe way, I haven't finished it myself but I highly recommend it if you're looking for a good eShop game!

dillon's rolling western

There's a big list of games I can recommend, but I will go for those on sale right now:

• SteamWorld Dig - Image & Form – $5.99 ($8.99)
  • Squids Odyssey - The Game Bakers – $5.99 ($14.99)
  • Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai - Shin’en Multimedia – $5.99 ($8.99)
  • Rage Of The Gladiator - Gamelion Studios – $2.99 ($6.99)
  • Monster Shooter - Gamelion Studios - $1.99 ($4.00)
  • Robot Rescue 3D – Teyon – $1.49 (was $2.99)

I'd recommend Demon King Box ($4). It's a great RPG-tower defence hybrid kind of game. Think of Disgaea in terms of story, characters and art, and a double Plants vs Zombies (your minions move towards the other end of the screen as well) in terms of gameplay. You can read the 3DS Pedia review of it here.

Reactions: dwikrid
Don't know the full name but I will give you the main word to find the game like:Kirby Gameboy,Mario Gameboy,Kids Icarus and most megaman games.I wish they had put other Gameboy games which I used to play on an emulator on a computer.

Try the Mega Man Gameboy games. Well, except for Mega Man II. That game was horrible. If you really consider my offer, download Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge, Mega Man III, Mega Man IV, and Mega Man V. Trust me, these are games that you will love. They have great gameplay, great music, and good replay value.

Gunman Clive for $1.99 is really fun. It has a really neat artstyle and fun western music. It is really short though, most folks get about an hour or so out of the game, however that time is very enjoyable! It was made entirely by one man I believe and there is a sequel either already here or on it's way. Note that this game is really hard lol.

I would also recommend the Harvest Moon VC if you like farming sims! The two on the eshop are both safe choices - the second one has a real town and I think sheep. You can't marry anybody in either of these versions though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back