Web of Pedia - Win a Free 3DS Game (Europe/Australia)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've entered. Good luck to everyone. :)

Reactions: Neko-chan
Man everything on journy of hunting gammesgammes

Entered for teh lulz. If I win this, I'll be quite surprised... although I didn't go on with my original plan to put a "lik dis if u cri evrytim; ninty edition" story in the PM... damn it, that would have been more entertaining with the one I submitted. xD

I enter today

@Marc Any idea for the deadline yet?
Edit: A few questions in case I don't win,
1. Does game.co.uk require your address when buying eshop codes using PayPal?
2. Do they email codes for ehop cards as well or do they deliver actual cards?
3. Do they charge tax? If so then how much?

Please answer them fast because I really want the game.

Last edited:
Just a quick question, does GAME sell download codes in a way that you can order them before the release (basically pre-order but with download code instead) ? Don't think so but it's worth asking.

Reactions: Neko-chan
Rejoice European region 3DS owners, :singing: The time has finally come. One lucky European region 3DS owner will walk home with a FREE 3DS game of his/her choice.
This giveaway is only for European region 3DS owners and the game is for YOU to play. I'll ask for proof that you can't fake.

Deadline: I don't have one in mind at the moment but it'll most likely be sometime in August, 2014.​

For European region 3DS owners :

Your chosen 3DS game must be listed as a download option at GAME - http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/nintendo-3ds/?merchname=topnav-_-3DS-_-3DS
The download code will be sent via private message to the winner of this giveaway.

For Australian region 3DS owners :

Your chosen 3DS game must be listed at Play Asia - http://www.play-asia.com/
The winner will be required to provide me with an address so that Play Asia can ship the game to you. From what I understand, EU download codes do not work on AUS region 3DSs.

How to participate :

Tip: The more you say, the better. You have a pretty low chance at winning with one-two liners.

1. Type out your answers to the following questions :
Code:
1. What game do you want?
2. What is Spinnerweb's favorite monster-hunting game franchise? (answer in Monster Hunter forum and it's NOT Monster Hunter)
3. What do you think about 3DS Pedia so far? (sugarcoating doesn't really help and negative comments will not affect you from winning)
4. Would you have ever purchased your chosen game?
5. What do you think about your chosen game from what you've seen so far and what made you choose it? (paragraph answers, please)

No sad stories this time about how your uncle got hit by a bus, then you had to live on the street with your trusty 3DS, playing one game at a time for food, please.

2. Send a private message to Marc with the answers (do not post 'em in this thread) and post in this thread saying that you entered so everyone will know.

Important: Please include "[EU]" in the title of your private message.

Enjoy! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, :cat:
Just so you know Marc that even if a someone tried to put a European 3DS download code on a North American system it work because Nintendo has regional locks on these games. Just a little fun fact.

@Marc Any idea for the deadline yet?
Not yet.
1. Does game.co.uk require your address when buying eshop codes using PayPal?
I don't think so, but they get your address anyway since you are paying with PayPal. I just logged into my account and my profile contains my address so maybe they need you to enter it when signing up or making a purchase.
2. Do they email codes for ehop cards as well or do they deliver actual cards?
They do both. There is a download option for certain games.
3. Do they charge tax? If so then how much?
They do, but only to UK buyers I guess. I can't remember being charged for tax on their site.
Just a quick question, does GAME sell download codes in a way that you can order them before the release (basically pre-order but with download code instead) ? Don't think so but it's worth asking.
No, however, if you want a game like Pokemon OR/AS, I can wait until their release date(s).
Just so you know Marc that even if a someone tried to put a European 3DS download code on a North American system it work because Nintendo has regional locks on these games.
You mean it doesn't work because of region lock, right?

Reactions: TheSuperKid
Not yet.

I don't think so, but they get your address anyway since you are paying with PayPal. I just logged into my account and my profile contains my address so maybe they need you to enter it when signing up or making a purchase.

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know about the address thing because I don't have a PayPal account :/ I'm going to have a guy the stuff for me so I thought the idea of providing your address may turn him off. About the second one, I meant prepaid card codes :) Do they email those as well?

About the second one, I meant prepaid card codes :) Do they email those as well?
They send the cards to your address, not email (codes).

They send the cards to your address, not email (codes).
That's a shame :( Is there any other site which emails the codes?

Entered

That's a shame :( Is there any other site which emails the codes?
You'll have to Google that one (and this is becoming off-topic).
I have not received a private message from you.

No, however, if you want a game like Pokemon OR/AS, I can wait until their release date(s).

So, does that mean that we can put SSB4 or Persona Q for example, and that we'll get the code when it'll be released (if we win) ?

So, does that mean that we can put SSB4 or Persona Q for example, and that we'll get the code when it'll be released (if we win) ?
Yes.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Ok, updated my entry. Thanks for the information, @Marc!

Reactions: Marc
Good thing I asked that question. Now, <insertwantedgamehere> or want SSB4 or want OR/AS? Descions, desicions.

Good thing I asked that question. Now, <insertwantedgamehere> or want SSB4 or want OR/AS? Descions, desicions.
Great now I don't know if i should ask to have my entry changed to Alpha Sapphire or stick with Fire Emblem Awakening as originally planned!

Great now I don't know if i should ask to have my entry changed to Alpha Sapphire or stick with Fire Emblem Awakening as originally planned!
Wow. Exact the same problem as me well! :)

Not yet.

They do, but only to UK buyers I guess. I can't remember being charged for tax on their site.

You mean it doesn't work because of region lock, right?
Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back