Underrated 3DS games

• Thread starter RichGamerton
  • Start date
Disney's Magical World ._.

For real it's way better than it looks and I had a lot of fun with it!

It maybe underrated, but it is fun to play it.

It maybe underrated, but it is fun to play it.
Which game are you talking about?

Disney? :p Did you play it? It's quit lovely and it has nice missions, gathering and crafting. There's even a farming part in it, and you can have your own café!

Definitely KH3D.Sure it doesn't have a online spirit battle thing.Sure it's short.But there's probably lots of features you missed out in the game.Such as, all the keyblades.There's certain keyblades you get from doing stuff.Even if people say the story is bad and wacky,it's still a great game gameplay wise.

Reactions: mrTTL
I didn't like KH3D actually? The controls were offputting for me and I couldn't get into it because of that. Camera was terrible, at least at the beginning, but I had so many games to play that I sort of give up when I strted to fight with the controls =/

Does it get better eventually?

I have to admit the camera is VERY annoying at some times and the controls are a bit wonky but I got used to the controls very quickly (Mostly because of the demo and how I adjust to video games very quickly)

Well then,on to some suggestions.If you're one explorative type,I think Luigi's Mansion 2(Dark Moon in America) is a nice alternative.It isn't brought up a lot,and I saw that most fans of the original Luigi's Mansion from the GameCube didn't think it was as good as that one,but as a new player,I thought the sequel was fun.There are some funny moments,some tense moments,some exploration moments,and if you're searching for a game that'll keep you in search of most of its content,here it is. :pompus:
Another one I think is underrated,more so than Luigi's Mansion 2,personaly,is Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure.Think of a game that is essentially Elite Beat Agents mixed up with something like The Adventures of Tintin and/or Professor Layton(which I also suggest as great mystery/puzzle games,although I haven't played the 3DS games for a while as of now :coffee:),and Rhythm Thief is the result that came out of it.It's a combination of a point-and-click navigation and rhytym minigames,and it plays greatly for its relief.You like awesome music?This game will have you taping your toes a lot,and probably make you want to dance.How about something to move along with it?There is a story to motivate all of it,and it also stands out here.I could choose to say more,but I think I said enough for now.To speak shortly,this game is great,and I recommend it as an underrated title amomgst the 3DS library's greats. :thumbsup:

Zelda M- *gets shot*

:3

Eh, I'd say Kid Icarus Uprising too, love the game, the music and characters, the multiplayer is something to behold too :D

Maybe they should make tournaments (even though @Eridan would just rekt us D:)

Also, Devil Survivor (both 1/Overclocked and 2/Record Breaker) awesome characters, both funny and serious moments, epic soundtrack and deep battle and demon fusion systems \o/ they're made of win

Reactions: spagooti
codename steam: its hard and you must be cauteus, an amazing ost and many secondary weapons, but sadly, there are few player in the online mode and its unbalanced
the legend of the dark witch: its like classics megaman games because you absorb habilities of the enemy bosses, and its very hard, its very cheap and its very replayable if you want al the things, I want the second game
crimsom shroud: its like a board roleplaying game, and you use dices too
dillon rolling western: you need a good strategy to win, its difficult

Another one I think is underrated,more so than Luigi's Mansion 2,personaly,is Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure.

Yes yes and more yes. I love Rhythm thief! The rhythmic mini games and the story are both great examples of a well made Rhythm game.

Most level 5 games are good. Professor Layton I'm not sure if it can be classed as underrated but I never really hear anyone talking about it. That series is absolutely amazing story-line wise and the puzzles are challenging but not too hard.

Tales of the abyss is a another title I quite enjoyed. It's a port of a PS2 RPG, and the story is not the best, nor are the characters the best. But I loved the battle system. It's a good game though.

Crush 3d is a great puzzle game though. The art style is fun and the gameplay is great. The levels can turn from 3d into 2d ('crushing' the level) allowing the character to move from one part of the level to the other or using objects and crushing the level in certain ways so that you sove the puzzles.

Reactions: T-Player Guy
The Harvest moon series of games are some of the most underrated games in my opinion since its like starting a new life and living for years and doing everyday stuff such as fishing,mining,farming etc and you can even marry a spouse if you want to,some of the guys may say that's girly well so be it i like it.

Reactions: 28142
I finished Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. It was a very fun and enjoyable game that should be discussed more often.
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal is also a good time as well. It reminds me of the classic games.
A third game I like is Tales of the Abyss. It has a great story, and one of the best main characters I've seen in a video game.

I don't know if it's really underrated, but Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon has been a blast. The game has a lot of content and can be fairly challenging on the harder difficulties. It's especially fun If you have a friend to play with and you can use DS download play if you only have one copy of the game. I really think more games should have a DS download play option for local multiplayer.

Another underrated game, in my opinion, is Etrian Odyssey II Untold: The Fafnir Knight. Yes, the DLC was not really needed, and the difficulty scaling was ridiculous (Seriously, Picnic multiples your damage output and reduces damage taken by 300%?!) But other than that, I enjoyed the game. The story was full of twists and turns, and it made the Overlord into less of a tyrannical jerk and more of an egotistical anti-hero, and considering how much I hated him prior to Untold 2's release, that's quite the accomplishment, even after the Ur-Demon DLC came out.

rhythm haven/ rhythm paradise. mainly because not may people know about the game its got a great sound track witch is kind of a given though because its a music game but anyway I love this game mainly because of the funny and sometimes bazar things what happened while tapping and flicking to the music :3

Stella Glow, imageepoch so long and thanks for everything they made the luminous arc game series a tactical rpg the first one while not bad isn't exactly the best game of all time, the sequel was much better in many ways and this game is the last they made before bankrupt and thank god they finished it it feels just like the ones i mentioned sadly i have only played the demo which is quite good i really want to get the game because those rpgs are quite fun

Virtue's last reward is a very interesting "escape the room / visual novel" to try out. If you played 999 on the ds, you'll sure love it ! Warning : it's not meant to be a game playable for anyone because of the massive use of blood, death and the overall ambiance ! (You'd better be prepared to an astonishing story telling by the way bacause, it's a game with multiple endings that changes with your choices) A must play for mature players
I think the sequel is now out (or it won't be long to wait to the release date if it's not already released), it's called "zero time: dilemna"

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I've talked about this one before in another thread,and I'll do it again.Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure is like if you got a combination of The Adventures of Tintin,Professor Layton and Elite Beat Agents;all to make this great experience with one of the best soundtracks witnessed in modern games,an incredible story with a good balance of serious moments and some lighter,more heartfelt moments,with some humor added in;and gameplay that is as good as it gets,becoming even better as it goes.Just an incredible game overall,and for those searching for more underrated 3DS goods,I highly recommend this one! :D

I would say that Harmonight is a pretty underated 3DS game. Harmonight is made by gamefreak, the developers of pokemon games, and it's pretty good rhythm game.

I don't have that much underrated games but I have Epic Mickey for some reason. When I got it I don't know. It's a really nice game that shows the disney character accurately like Goofy and people I forgot about. I really never got past the second world because it was too hard for me but the last time I played it was 2 years ago.

Back