Underrated 3DS games

• Thread starter RichGamerton
  • Start date
RichGamerton

RichGamerton

Run Home To Mama Now
Towns Folk
I believe Etrian Odyssey: The Millenium Girl is underrated because it's a great game that had elements that were new to RPGs like drawing your own map. Not it is overshadowed even more by Persona Q, which borrows many elements from Etrian Odyssey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18
Conception 2 didnt get as much hype for long when it released.

Reactions: RichGamerton
@Squishydile Wow. That game must be underrated because this is the first time I have heard of it!

@Squishydile Wow. That game must be underrated because this is the first time I have heard of it!
Yeah it was. Really great dungeon crawler RPG

And it's a Dungeon Crawler? I have to try this game out! Thanks for telling me about it, friend :)

And it's a Dungeon Crawler? I have to try this game out! Thanks for telling me about it, friend :)
No problem

Personally I didn't like Conception since it stresses about dating sim aspect, and the dungeon-crawling feels clunky. EO series in the other side, is not really underrated, but has its own fanbase for its unforgiving difficulty yet very customizable party.

I love EO series through playing Strange Journey :D

Do you mean like The Marriage system in FEA or is it something more because if it is then I might stay away from it. Also, Etrian Odyssey is pretty underrated because you can ask 10 people what Final Fantasy is and they will tell you. Ask that same gropu whar Etrian Odyssey and only 4 of them will know. It's fanbase is relatively small and it deserves to be much larger.

@RichGamerton I guess you would not like it, since dating sim aspect in Conception is a main aspect, like in Persona, but larger... not in the same par as Love Plus or Hakuoki, but it has a visual novel taste - you pick a girl, disclose to her, and so on...

Well, the fact you stated in your last post is true, though. Taking sample from here, there's almost no discussion about EO series, but I wrote a review about EO IV on this site, if you wanna check out hehehe.

Reactions: RichGamerton
HM Harvest Moon games are underappreciated to me like that newest one The Lost Valley but actually the games are really good for most persons.It is like you are living in another world but it is the same as real life you can black out and stuff if you get too tired.Mostly it is about farming and living and being an everyday country boy or girl.

@dwikrid Pretty good review. Objective yet focuses on good and improvable ( is that a word?) aspects of the game. I r8 8, m8 :) @DarkLord I love Harvest Moon. I always thought of it to be1 the older but quieter brother of Animal Crossing.

@dwikrid Pretty good review. Objective yet focuses on good and improvable ( is that a word?) aspects of the game. I r8 8, m8 :)
Thank you for your comment... Improvable, hmm, yeah I guess :p

Hehe. I haven't been using a robust vocabulary lately so I am not sure myself ;-)

Definitely Virtue's Last Reward. It's in my opinion an amaaaazing game, but I get the feeling that 90% of the 3DS-owning people haven't even heard of it :cry: The fact that it was only €12,50 in the eShop a while ago (it's €25,- now, I completed it in about 40 hours, but I'm la completionist) says it all :sorry: you won't hear me complaining about the price tho >_<'

Reactions: faustine
I've been looking for a game to check out on my DS because I've started to get bored with the games I have already. What are some less popular releases that should really be more popular?

Sometimes I feel as though Kid Icarus: Uprising is kinda underrated :p Sure, it is my favorite 3DS game, but not too many people actually have the game or play it a lot. I find the game really fun and it could be viable for tournaments with the online/local multiplayer which is really hectic.

Reactions: randysilverwolf, Blue Knight and Leviathinian
Sometimes I feel as though Kid Icarus: Uprising is kinda underrated :p Sure, it is my favorite 3DS game, but not too many people actually have the game or play it a lot. I find the game really fun and it could be viable for tournaments with the online/local multiplayer which is really hectic.
I totally agree with @Eridan! Just because Kid: Icarus may not be the most popular series, it doesn't mean it's bad! Kid Icarus: Uprising is an amazing game with an awesome soundtrack than can keep you playing and playing and playing forever!
Another game I would suggest is Mario and Luigi: Dream Team! I don't know if it's really underrated, but nobody is really talking about it much anymore, and it's a pretty cool game!

Reactions: SomeSalmon
Definitely Codename S.T.E.A.M. So little people gave that game a try, including me (but I will soon enough >_<). The ratings and reviews are above par, but I guess it wasn't promoted enough. Either that, or people don't like the mix of historical figures in a turn-based strat game kek. xP

Reactions: randysilverwolf
Back