Tomodachi Life Tomodachi Life: Waste of money?

• Thread starter Mei Sakamaki
  • Start date

Do You Like Tomodachi Life?

• Total voters
Mei Sakamaki

Mei Sakamaki

For The Team
Towns Folk
I loved this game at first. But honestly, to me, it is a waste of money... The month it came out, I was so ecstatic to trade in a few games to get it! Me and my family walked to GameStop, traded stuff in, and since they didn't have the cartridge, we had to get the downloadable version.

It seems fun when you start to play. But I realized how creepy it was a little. But I went along with it. But... I got terribly bored wit it quickly and erased it. By word of advice about this game, erasing it doesn't do the trick... It didn't save me from boredom. It made it worse! So, I can't return it because it is the downloadable part... By this is just my opinion. What do you think?

Reactions: supermonk404
I actually like it, but not as full retail game, its a really fun time waster.
Id recommend it if you can find it cheap.

Reactions: Kaynil
Are you kidding? Tomodachi Life is my favorite 3DS game of all time!!! :D (Well, when SSB4 comes out in a few weeks, it might be #2.)

I think it's just a waste of time. I downloaded the demo and nothing more...

I never even tried it. It seemed like an even more stripped-down Animal Crossing with Miis. I downloaded the demo because @Marc told me that the Miis eat the glass after finishing their drink ( :eek: ) and I wanted to see that, but I didn't get around to it and deleted the demo after a few days of procrastination.

It was a mildly charming idea, yet it seemed so poor in execution that even from a distance I decided that it was a waste of money, time, storage space and other thingamijigs that are regarded as important :p

I've heard some negative things about it (mostly about it getting boring fairly quickly) and have read a lot of reviews of it, you have to like that sort of game to actually have fun with it... Not my kind of game

Reactions: Kaynil
I didn't play it before, but I've played the demo. I enjoy the demo, but I think it is hard to play for a long time (as long as animal crossing : new leaf), you will get bored if you play the demo again and again.

i found it quite boring when i downloaded the demo, i mean its good for a bit but then it gets boring but i would recommend it for ACNL fans ^^

Its a fun game at first but after a few weeks I just did't want to play it any more i just rented it but its fun at first but you can rent It thats better i would not buy the game.

I don't think it's a waste of money, but if you do have Animal Crossing: New Leaf already, then it might fall under that. I've downloaded the demo, and played a little bit of it, even though it's different from Animal Crossing, I think the're still the same, generally, having two games of the same type seems like a waste (to me), it seems fun and all, but I think I'll just get bored of it after a few days of playing. The game has it's perks, so I won't call it a waste of money, it's interesting but if you already have a game similar to it (like Animal Crossing: New Leaf). I don't suggest it.

I was also pretty hyped for this game and I got it day one. I played for about a month, maybe less. In fact, I played until my first kid moved out, then it felt like I did everything I could in this game. I wasn't that much interested in collecting every food or clothes.

Sure it was funny, I had a great time when I saw Nicolas Cage flying through the sky and when I saw my boyfriend go fishing with Tyrion Lannister, but all round, it didn't feel like the game was worth what I paid for, and I regretted not taking it digitally because it would have been perfect as a side digital game to waste time.

I'm still glad I tried it, but I returned it.

I dont like this game pretty much .. Prefer to wait for fantasy life cause it is better in many way than tomodachi life .. For thise who buy it is a waste of money , that is my thought dont take personally. Haha..:D Poll shows only a few people thet like to played this game and almost of it dont like it .. Half of it exactly .. Honestly is the tomodachi life game is that great?/.. I will try another games though..

Let's see. Animal crossing with humans instead of animals? No thanks. xD
I find it kind of weird, though it should be more /normal/ than animal crossing.

No in fact it's not at all like Animal Crossing. You don't really "play" the game, you mostly... spy on your miis while they do their things...

Reactions: 3823
No in fact it's not at all like Animal Crossing. You don't really "play" the game, you mostly... spy on your miis while they do their things...
Wait, so the Mii's kind of just do their own thing?

Yup, they do their own things! You cna open your game and see two of them fighting or one looking up at the sea, etc etc.

Edit: Sometimes they will ask you to play mini-games with them though.

Reactions: FirstSerpent
Tomodachi Life is a weird game and the best you can do is probably to try the Demo before spending money on it. Personaly I agree with this comment:
I actually like it, but not as full retail game, its a really fun time waster.
Id recommend it if you can find it cheap.
It is more complete than a Street Pass game but it doesn't feel like a fully loaded stand alone game, it feels more like an extension to find something to do with your Miis.

I tried to refrain myself for a good amount hoping it would come down on its price. One thursday I caved in... it was the day before it went in special for the Smash deals... I think I made my forehead red by hitting myself repeatedly against the wall. :banghead:

Anyway Tomodachi Life =/= Animal Crossing New Leaf & tomodachi Life =/= The sims.
While this game tend to remind us to both titles it is no where near any of them.

I think it is easier to enjoy tomodachi Life if you can get your friends and other people's Mii and once in a a while a few new ones just to spice things up. This game in fact reminds me more of "ttamagotchi, where you have Miis living in a island and you take care of them by feeding them, solving their "problems" («I want a new Hat») and collecting all the different "rooms" styles, clothes and food available. You select the sound and look of your and depending the values on speed, communication approach, expressiveness and uniqueness a personality out of 16 is determined.

I gotta say that considering the simple sliding approach to assign personalities they have been scaringly accurate. :pompus:

Because I bought it recently I haven't burnt out of it yet but if you are obsessively trying to address each Mii and make sure they have food and not problem bubbles you will spend waaay more time that what you wanted each time you open it. I like the Mii News.:rotfl:

Reactions: Afuldye
I think it gets broing really fast,hell even Iwata marrying Tim Mälzer(germany´s ugliest Tv cook) wasn´t intesersting.
I am suprised that even Animal Crossing still intesrest me more than Tomodachi life.
I think they should hav eput goals in the game like in AC (Paying your House off,decoring your city,getting all gold and silver tools and catching all insects and fish)
Why did I wast 45€ on this :cry:

Yeah to me it is a waste of money and it costs too much they could have at least put the price to $19.99.The game isn't really fun if you ask me the game is living just a everyday life solving issues and and getting people to know each other .

I liked the game for about the first week and then I got VERY bored with it after that.

Back