SSB for 3DS Tips for stopping lag in Smash Bros. for 3DS

• Thread starter 3391
  • Start date
this is a great tip I do it in almost every match I play

cool ill try some of these methods out

I want to try those methods out as well.

Thanks! this worked for me in several matches, this still wont beat a guy with a really bad connection, mine is good but its being used all day by 20+ people at the same time so i have too much lag on 3ds im fine on wii u fir some reason but what really causes lag in smash 3ds let me tell u that its the servers, smash servers are crappy if u have a meh internet ur game wont be lag free m8

Wii u pls.

Wow, thanks! I'll have to try some of these out. I feel that even if only one person has a bad internet connection, the whole match turns into a massive slow-mo lag party!

This is very interesting and pretty important especially for the competitive scene. I have a lot of issues on the 3ds version of lag and I have tryed some things but they didn't really help that much. Thank you for the tips.

I'm going to share a little trick so to say about stopping random lag in matches. This is not for input lag but only mid-battle lag (sry about that =/)

Tip 1. If you start experiencing mid-battle lag don't press any buttons until the lag is over.

Tip 2. If your problems haven't stopped try backing away from your opponent and standing still for a few seconds (5-15 should do)

Tip 3 (thanks to Artisan):If you have an all around laggy connection and you know it's not you just change the opponent you are facing after the battle. Turn off or at least get rid of any music or videos on your computer if a window is open with them, it's really worth the trouble and the 3DS/Wii U has better music anyways. Because if you are getting information with a router or something it's best not to make it do too much at one time.

Tip 4 (pretty much a recap of Artisan's in case you didn't understand): The less stuff you're doing with the internet the better. If your tablet is using the internet and you don't really need it, turn it off. The less things using your internet the better ;) As said before try not to listen to as much music during the battles and stuff (remember you don't HAVE to do this but it'll help).

NOTE: This seems to work for the wii u too but I don't have as much lag so it's harder to tell.
i have a tip for stoping lag
1. dont have crap internet
2.if your playing on regular 3ds then you'll lag super bad but if you have a new 3ds xl then the lag won't as bad.

that is all the tips i have for today hue hue.

Wow these are good tips!
I don't online battle much but these help a lot!
Thanks!

Alas, the majestic goldfish just has sucky interwebs so the joys of online play can only be maximized by using my phone's mobile data... It's sad, right? I don't lag at all on my phone's mobile network but on my home network I can barely connect. Ah, the joys of living in the middle of literal nowhere. *Deeply sighs*

Thanks for all these tips, I just read the thread and all these tips seem to help, good going there paceygym, keep up the good work and have a great day :)

I finally got my unlimited internet now and the lagging thank God is gone but with some people they do make it lag just a bit and these tips do help,thank you

Wow, thanks!

@pacygym If you have bad internet... (Like me) try wondering about upgrading, or if you can't, (Like me) try not to have your computer on or a lot of tabs. You should also think of what time of day it is, and when most people are off the computers, or just don't use a crap ton of internet. Another big thing is if you are close to your router. That can really change what is happening BIG TIME!

Because this is Smash for 3ds, you can take it anywhere with you. Try to find that ONE sweet spot in your house where the Wi-Fi is five bars and play there.

You can also turn off powersave mode on your 3ds or wii u to maximize playability.

Back