SSB for 3DS Tips for stopping lag in Smash Bros. for 3DS

• Thread starter 3391
  • Start date
Wow thanks I tried and it worked now I can play with friends and I play very smoothly and plus now I show my true strength hahaha. Now my friends will fear me.

Thanks but my opponent doesnt give me 5 seconds

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64 and 3391
I believe that removing other devices from your internet/router does work for most people, but I would like to add in that it very much depends on the type of router, the speed of your internet, and your model of Nintendo 3DS. Obviously, someone with faster internet and a newer 3DS model will get better results than someone with a slow router and the first 3DS model. I completely agree that Super Smash Bros for the 3DS is rather laggy and those tips are great because I myself struggled with the annoyance of buffering in game. Though we have to consider lots of variables in this situation as to get better results when trying to fix buffering in Smash Bros.
I'm a newbie so I was just looking around at these threads and I thought the tips on her were wonderful.

Thank you for the help :) it is very interesting and my matches work better ;) once again thank you so much :)

I've played battles while connected to the internet and have experienced no lag. From what someone has told me, if one player is having lag issues, then everyone also has it. It's like playing any other match in Call of Duty. If there's a bad connection to the host, everyone lags. It could depend on where the players are. I get into one match with some people, back out, join another lobby and I could experience none to any lag.

Thanks!

Hey, this actually works, thanks!:cat:

Thanks! A tip I have is to never go online and spam or use big characters. Spamming lags a lot (Pk fire! LOL) and big characters such as Ganondorf seem to lag a lot. So, using characters like Bowser, Ganondorf, and Rosalina, isn't a good idea, and spamming is even worse, it lags and bans you. So Yeah.

Well, lag is completely normal, it happens sometimes on the wii u version also. The 3ds version will lag so much more because of the 3ds hardware specs so I would not be surprised if there is no fix to this problem. In any game, lag is pretty normal especially with games like smash bros or call of duty. The 3ds hardware would lag much more because it has a harder time dealing with the online battles, but of course, that is to be expected of a handheld. Like the person suggested a few posts above me, quit the smash fight and join another room, that will help

if your online go closer to hub

and take off black lines

great idea but i have noticed that in multiplayer it still lags but more at the end so thank you for that tip but i will try to find another way and post that. i also found out that using mew-to is much less laggy but thats all i can say

So your are pretty much saying disconnect everything else from your wifi to get no lag at all.

not necessarily if you have nbn have like 2 other things connected but if you mobile broadband have 1 maybe 2 things connected it all depends on WiFi speed and how many devises are connected to it will determine the WiFi speed hope that tip helps if it docent message me again and i will then have another solution well see ya

Smash online is 90% lag and the other 10% is people in rage.

*SHAKES 3DS VERY SHAKILY*

As a person who unfortunately lives in Australia, I can tell you all that one very good way to stop lag in smash bros is to not live in or around Australia as we have awful internet in general, and even worse connection on Nintendo consoles.

If you hate lag or wish to avoid it, I repeat, do not come to Australia to play smash bros.

You're welcome.

However if you are another person who unfortunately lives in Australia, the best place for internet connection would probably be Sydney or Melbourne. Brisbane as a back-up.

Other than not living in Australia, I don't think I have any suggestions other than changing router and upgrading internet connections with the company you're with.

Thanks for the tips

Reactions: 3391
I dont get this...

This forum will teach every Pedian a import rule: Dont Mash (Buttons) in Smash!

Reactions: Nintendo Marvel fan
="Annoying Dog, post: 368806, member: 24535"]This forum will teach every Pedian a import rule: Dont Mash (Buttons) in Smash![/QUOTE]
Hahaha, right, so funny!

Back