SSB for 3DS Tips for stopping lag in Smash Bros. for 3DS

• Thread starter 3391
  • Start date
I'm going to share a little trick so to say about stopping random lag in matches. This is not for input lag but only mid-battle lag (sry about that =/)

Tip 1. If you start experiencing mid-battle lag don't press any buttons until the lag is over.

Tip 2. If your problems haven't stopped try backing away from your opponent and standing still for a few seconds (5-15 should do)

Tip 3 (thanks to Artisan):If you have an all around laggy connection and you know it's not you just change the opponent you are facing after the battle. Turn off or at least get rid of any music or videos on your computer if a window is open with them, it's really worth the trouble and the 3DS/Wii U has better music anyways. Because if you are getting information with a router or something it's best not to make it do too much at one time.

Tip 4 (pretty much a recap of Artisan's in case you didn't understand): The less stuff you're doing with the internet the better. If your tablet is using the internet and you don't really need it, turn it off. The less things using your internet the better ;) As said before try not to listen to as much music during the battles and stuff (remember you don't HAVE to do this but it'll help).

NOTE: This seems to work for the wii u too but I don't have as much lag so it's harder to tell.
Thanks pacegym because whenever I try to battle people online, it glitches and ends the round with no contest. I've been trying to get rid of lag on my 3ds whenever I use browser, youtube, etc.I'll try it tonight when I first get the chance. I really hope that it works because I have played more fail matches with other people than successful matches. Hope to see you again sometime!Great tips you got there!:thumbsup:

Reactions: 3391
When I played online in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS I thought it was an opponent's internet that made it lag. I never thought of it like this though. I haven't tried it yet but this solution is a great one. I might even bookmark this page in order to remember it!

Thank you for this thread. I will probably use this when I play super smash bros.

do a barrel roll!I am kidding you can try closing wi fi from all other devises in your house or maybe connect wii u to the internet by using a cable or buy a lan adapter

Thanks hopefully this will help me in the future I was wondering if there was anyway to help to stop lag and it looks like I found it thanks paceygym this has been a lot of help. :woot:

Reactions: 3391
I'm going to share a little trick so to say about stopping random lag in matches. This is not for input lag but only mid-battle lag (sry about that =/)

Tip 1. If you start experiencing mid-battle lag don't press any buttons until the lag is over.

Tip 2. If your problems haven't stopped try backing away from your opponent and standing still for a few seconds (5-15 should do)

Tip 3 (thanks to Artisan):If you have an all around laggy connection and you know it's not you just change the opponent you are facing after the battle. Turn off or at least get rid of any music or videos on your computer if a window is open with them, it's really worth the trouble and the 3DS/Wii U has better music anyways. Because if you are getting information with a router or something it's best not to make it do too much at one time.

Tip 4 (pretty much a recap of Artisan's in case you didn't understand): The less stuff you're doing with the internet the better. If your tablet is using the internet and you don't really need it, turn it off. The less things using your internet the better ;) As said before try not to listen to as much music during the battles and stuff (remember you don't HAVE to do this but it'll help).

NOTE: This seems to work for the wii u too but I don't have as much lag so it's harder to tell.
Thanks, bro! This helped A LOT!

Thanks, bro! This helped A LOT!
You're my brother? :eek:

You're welcome ^^

Turn down the graphics, volume and the 3D slider and check your internet connection

Thanks it helped me alot :D

Try not to use 3D as much.

Thanks I thought that you need help but that is different but another help is using a new 3ds. I cannot argue I had been crashed when I played crashing the buttons when I was lagging which kills me. Have a great day and thanks for the many tips that you have given knolage to many people online.

Thanks for the help man. I used it when I fought on For Glory earlier, and it worked nearly instantly!

For me, I just make sure my internet isn't bad either. I usually go to a spot where I can get the signal and also don't smash with people who constantly have horrible lag.

very interesting ideas. I might try them sometime. My internet is great its just my computer is so far away from it that it causes it to lag since I always play at my computer... thats a problem.....
I know though I really hate. Internet lag because it interferes with gameplay. That's why I usually playing offline often. I hope when I get on tonight they don't kick me right off. Lag is a curse no? I pray for no lag now!!! See, there is lag right now!

THANKS FOR THE TIPS MAN IT REALLY HELPED A LOT. online I always join a lagful match and that annoys me because I can't work in a lagged match. It was a match where it was like frozen for the rest of the match. I can't stand lag and I rather just play offline.

Last edited by a moderator:
These tips are really helpful! Especially since my internet connection has been a bit unstable lately. However, I believe that it may be your opponent's internet connection. I can usually play any where in my house with no connection problem at all, but now I will stay close to the connection as possible.

The lag really comes from an device like phone/ I pad it
Lags horrible if your on youtube. Just don't have any devices on at that time and its OK if your laptop is on. The laptop doesn't cause problems

very interesting ideas. I might try them sometime. My internet is great its just my computer is so far away from it that it causes it to lag since I always play at my computer... thats a problem.....

I know though I really hate. Internet lag because it interferes with gameplay. That's why I usually playing offline often. I hope when I get on tonight they don't kick me right off. Lag is a curse no? I pray for no lag now!!! See, there is lag right now!
#PrayerLag

Its really the devices that make lag so bad! So i tried something with my close friend online. So we were just messing around because it was a test. Then I turned on my Ipad! And put youtube! Boom it started to lag crazy

These tips are really helpful! Especially since my internet connection has been a bit unstable lately. However, I believe that it may be your opponent's internet connection. I can usually play any where in my house with no connection problem at all, but now I will stay close to the connection as possible.
When it's their fault there's not much you can do sadly :(

Honestly it's really hard to stop making it lag if the lag is too much. I'm guessing that sometimes people may get mad and start pressing random buttons and make the lag even worse although it may help their rage lol. All in all it's a nice tip, I haven't really tried it yet because every time it lags, I'm always trying to attack and if I don't they'll get me instead :p

Back