Thoughts on Super Mario Odyssey

• Thread starter Retro The Dutchie
  • Start date
Retro The Dutchie

Retro The Dutchie

THE GALAGA GOD (if i had a Galaga machine XP)
Towns Folk
what i am worried about... its all nyc why is their a city when its supposed to be the mushroom kingdom just why?

I think its a cool idea for Mario being in the human world! but it did just come out of the blue so I can see why you don't get it, but Mario and luigi's home is in Brooklyn and he might actually be re visiting there. It would seem that this game is like Mario 64 and I'm really exited for that. I'm a bit disappointed that the "MARIO!" voice clip is still the same though which doesn't make much sense.

Well Nintendo has finally release a new Mario sandbox game called Super Mario odyssey and when i saw the trailer, I was blown away and lets be honest Mario with humans is very cringeworthy. There is a lot of Easter eggs in the game talk about in a separate post and it looks like Mario has a new panther which is his hat (type 1 if you kind of suspected something about Mario's hat) and you can throw him to do damage to enemies and jump off him. So what do you think about Super Mario Odyssey? (type 10 if you thought it was a super Mario galaxy 3)

Last edited:
It looks amazing, so happy to see something new again. It's not another 3D World, or another Galaxy game, but something completely brand spanking new. Also open world is a huge plus, we haven't had that since Sunshine, seeing as Galaxy was still fairly linear.

Ima reply 9, becausr I thought it was gonna be smg3... I dunno where the 4 came from..

I'm quite optimistic about it (rare for me these days with Nintendo), it looks quite good and seems to be going in the right direction.

I've been really wanting another Mario Sunshine-esque game, thank goodness they're not continuing with 3D Land/World (for now).

watch them say that there gonna release a super mario 3d galaxy on the switch

Looks amazing. I'm not a fan of open-world games but I gotta admit, this is impressive.

The styles used for this game seem to clash alot. However, I do think that it brings a new aspect to gameplay as Mario Galaxy and Sunshine did. This to me gives the game a feeling of nostalgia and curiosity. This alone makes the game for me, and can't wait for it to come out... shame it was a launch title. (Salty because I preordered for Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Breath Of The Wild, *sigh* at least one of them is a launch title...). Anyways, I can't wait to see how everything works and how Nintendo integrated all the new aspects we saw in the trailer. (FYI both 1 and 10 to original poster)

Reactions: spagooti
I think it looks very nice, I hope I can get a Switch to play it one day. ;w; With that being said, it looks like it'll be interesting to see what's up with the hat and all that. (Totally unintentional rhyming) It also looks like the story will be really nice to play through.

It's very pretty and colorful, too, so it has that going for it.

Glad its back to the sandbox style of gameplay. I was really hoping for it (Although a Galaxy 3 or 3D World 2 would have been fine).I cant wait to run around and jump off of whatever high buildings they have. Im hoping that they make the game challenging as well.

Looks nice and all but how did the hat become sentient? Also wouldn't it hurt to be jumped on by Mario? Also-also why is Bowser a pimp now? Also-also-also why have the rejected Splatoon designs came back to get revenge on Mario when they should be going after the inklings (I mean the rabbit guys)

When I first watched the tráiler the least thing I expected it to be, was a Mario game. After watching the first few seconds of it, in which Mario jumps from underground sewage and crosses by some humans, I was kind of shocked. I mean I never expected it to be like it, mario with other human beings? Then, the trailer continues and when I get to see the different landscapes we are going to go through, I was just blown away! I think it is totally awesome!! I can´t wait to get my hands on it.
what i am worried about... its all nyc why is their a city when its supposed to be the mushroom kingdom just why?
I don´t see the point of that fracture. I mean, mario games have always been innovative in what the worlds respect. I mean, remember super mario Galaxy? That really came out of the blue and to tell you the truth, that is one of my favourite mario games of all time. I mean, it is nintendo´s nature to explore and set new frontiers for its games, and mario games are no exeption I think. I don´t really care about the human world, I do love the way they are going to be interwoven.

Personally I find Super Mario Odyssey to be quite impressive judging by the the first trailer alone. I think Ninty nailed it once again if it comes to visiting the very vast world, even though some of the worlds Mario visited are quite unusual (Mario in human world, and in the world that's full of delicacy?!) Plus, the seemingly sentient hat get me intrigued at the end.

It looks cool, but it seems like a Mario version of Sonic '06

I think it is a very cool idea to have Mario in a new environment vs what he's been in in recent installments. It seems to be a nice change of pace, especially from what I've seen of the E3 demos, compared to the somewhat tired New Super Mario Bros. series and the also quite fun Super Mario Galaxy series.

Back