Thoughts on new DLC (Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta and Stages)

• Thread starter Azzura
  • Start date
I always wanted Ridley.

As for the DLC..

Cloud: very good (I main him) but not busted, he has his flaws.

Bayonetta: get out, OP, broken, etc. also very good, probably 2nd best in the game (especially as time goes on).

Corrin: Good, but nothing special. Fun and easy to play but nowhere near as good as Cloud and Bayo.

I don't really think they are a good idea. I'm not a big fan of DLC in the first place, and I really don't like the way that some games use it, but in Smash it's pretty good.

I don't really think they are a good idea. I'm not a big fan of DLC in the first place, and I really don't like the way that some games use it, but in Smash it's pretty good.
I agree, I also think they did it well in Mario Kart 8, where it was DLC that if they included it in the original game, we would've had to wait much longer to play any of it at all (as opposed to Day 1 DLC that alot of games have).

Well, I use them every day on my never ending quest to troll smash players on for glory XD. But really I like them except that Bayonetta got nerfed so much to where she is basically sonic, and cloud and corrin on the same team cause me to drink bleach everytime I get hit by one of them. But i prefer rob since he is pretty balanced when it comes down to basics

I personally found the DLC to be mostly terrible. A lot of third party characters that I don't care about, or some weeb garbage. No worthy long-time Nintendo characters, like King K. Rool, got in. Unfair.

No worthy long-time Nintendo characters, like King K. Rool, got in. Unfair.
Why the hell does everyone I come across want that gross Kremlin in SSB? He ain't worthy of anything that I've seen.
All he does is throw a crown and jump around. I'd be more accepting if you said someone like Darunia, or Biospark, (Heck, maybe even Ramona Pizza would be interesting.) But why of all people should HE be in it?

I love how in the Peach's Castle stage, if you use a pokemon, Snorlax falls on the stage. >w< That was my favorite effect of the item in the N64 release of the series~

Also, Corrin is my favorite. Fighter. Ever.
She's just that good! She fits my fighting style perfectly, and I've actually beaten people online just yesterday. ^w^ ...and when I didn't, they must have been cheating, cuz I'm a snowflake that always winz, duh. :hilarious: (kidding, in case you couldn't tell >w<)

When you press down, she goes straight down (rather than diagonally, like many fighters), her Dragon Fang energy ball reaches farther than most projectiles (and the weapon itself snaps shut after the shot has been fired), and it feels so great when you get the counter timing just right, and Dragon Corrin shoots your opponent into the air, gone forever. :love:

Down smash is great, 'cause it hits on both sides, side smash repeatedly inflicts 1 damage if your enemy is close enough before striking, and idk if it's just me, but Corrin is just pretty fast in general. Side B is great, especially for launching (and even more so if your foe is hit with the very end of the weapon). I like their taunts, too.
"I've made my choice."
"Let's do this!!"
Like, look me in the eyes and tell me those aren't epic lines. :p

I think that, while Cloud and Bayonetta are unique entires in the Smash 4 roster, Corrin was a bit of a strange choice. Did we really need another Fire Emblem rep.? However, once I actually got to play as Corrin, I warmed up to the idea quite a bit, as Corrin is unique among the sword (or lance too in this case) fighters, bearing almost no resemblance to them in his/her play style. I thought that both Midgar and Umbra Clock tower were great stages as well, with the summons on Midgar being especially outrageous.

Cloud coming in didn't surprise me as much as it probably should have, but I've seriously underestimated just how strong the FFVII fanbase is. I can't believe out of all the characters people could pick they chose Cloud. Oh well.

Back