Thoughts on new DLC (Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta and Stages)

• Thread starter Azzura
  • Start date
Personaly, I am a little disapointed that Issac from Golden Sun was not a playable character. Really, he could have a (blank)kinesis moveset and could be very cool to play as. But really, I am so happy Corrin made it in, he looks very overpowered, however that side special ending lag (if it misses) will be the end of him, however it will probubly be ignored like shiek's side B. Cloud I like alot, due to an overpowered projectile, the limit break being much more useful than L. Mac's KO punch, and simple speed+power. Bayonetta looks solid at first, but appears to have a lack of approach options as well as so problems with aireals, so she looks like a B tier I guess (AKA 15-20).

Reactions: Troy21
Hi, I have recently been able to buy cloud from eshop in Super Smash Bros for 3ds thanks to a friend. I would have to definitely agree with BlazingKen and say I am slightly disappointed Issac from Golden Sun Dark Dawn was not a dlc, but i can only hope he will be a future release. Before i ever got a 3ds XL i had a very basic DS lite and I was obsessed with Golden Sun. I spent roughly 800 hours playing total, on only 1 of my 3 accounts. He not only looks REALLY cool, he could have some really cool moves. In the Ds game, he has a series of different slashing moves, some fire moves, as well as a cool move that sends a series of slashes through the wind.(It's been almost 2 years since I've played it, I have been busy with Monster Hunters 4 Ultimate so sorry if i cant remember any of the move names.) I have spent about a week training with cloud, ryu and few other dlc's. I really love clouds down+b move, which he charges up to release 1 of 4 specials. 1 that almost always results in a K.O. when the opponent has 40+ damage done. Another is his basic B move on steroids, another is really close to links final smash move, just weaker, and the last is a stronger version of his up+B move. I used to be only good at 3 characters. With link i was pretty much an expert, With greninja I was probably advanced, and with little mac I was just average, as i had a bad habit of super punching my way off a stage and getting myself a 1 way pass to a K.O. with the recent Dlc's my gaming love for Super Smash Bros increased by a lot, and im pretty good with ryu as well, thanks to some excellent advice from a friend on how to avoid a K.O. almost all the time. Anyways, that's all i have to say and I hope that a future Dlc will be Issac from Golden Sun Dark Dawn!

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
Well I can't speak from playing experience as I haven't been able to play them. I have however played Kamui (Corrin). He/she appears to be a very good character for air attacks, along with a fast counter. I lost a match against one because they countered about 2 frames before me, we were in the air and both at 120%-ish. I've pretty much found a way to punish the forward air, I just need to get past that nasty counter. As for Bayonetta, I've yet to encounter one in For Glory 1v1. Anyone willing to play me online on 3DS, I wanna fight a Bayonetta.

I just want to say this first, I have all DLC characters and they're all great, but I was really hoping for more characters from past games. Don't get me wrong I love the new comers but some more old characters would have been nice.

i got my butt kicked by a bayonetta player in for glory i was using ganondorf the way the person used her was amazing to think i'm in the running for her download code in t-player guy's contest i hope i win she'd be my first dlc fighter and even if i don't win the contest i'll wait til my mom get's her pell grant, get a $50 card, and get the fighter bundle

I'm on good terms with Bayonetta. Cloud is alright I suppose. And I see potential in Corrin.
(I've yet to obtain him/her though.)

Corrin is my new main. Only character through out my whole life of playing smash (and I've been playing smash since I was 5) to perform a JV3. Corrin seems very viable and higher than I formerly thought where she would be. She has so many options and her spacing skills are impeccable

My Bayonetta is fairly decent and I can rack up a few combos. I'm also getting better at reading a witch time and baiting it out, (Olimar OP man bait it with pik min and you set)

Bayonetta is pretty cool. I don't play her too much, but I can respect a good fighter when I see one.
I've yet to purchase Corrin, but I've heard good things about them.
(Similarly related, I love how tough Marth's gotten since the last update. Little more strength at "just-the-tip,"
more agressive somehow, he's become quite the king nowadays..)

I don't own any of them, as I don't have much interest in them, but Cloud and Bayonetta look pretty fun to play. Cloud looks like he has alot of potential but from my limited knowledge and observation of Corrin and Bayonetta.. They look obsurd. Corrin and Bayonetta are easily going to be top-tier and I wouldn't be surprised if Bayonetta is going to be banned because of witch time. There are always patches though I suppose. Again I haven't studied them that much but with a quick glimpse into how they play, I'm not looking forward to versing either of them in tournaments.

On the Omega version of the Umbran Clocktower stage Pikachu can cancel the ground landing lag of his quick attack if he does it into the ground to the left.

so that's lols

I never thought cloud was going to be a fighter on super smash I love playing as him and I love his stage it fun

[Well, it's that time again. A new Smash DLC has been released, and tons of people are already hyped/salty about it. What are you guys opinions on this DLC? Not to mention the addition of Bayonetta, (*cough cough* looks op as hell...) Cloud, and Corin. Let me know what you guys think down below
Well i think its a good dlc because i love cloud and th bayonet does loo kop

Well, it's that time again. A new Smash DLC has been released, and tons of people are already hyped/salty about it. What are you guys opinions on this DLC? Not to mention the addition of Bayonetta, (*cough cough* looks op as hell...) Cloud, and Corin. Let me know what you guys think down below!
also because y not

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Umbra Clock tower stage, but find I can never manage to pull off Bayonetta's Final Smash in time. I kinda like how the developers made up for the lack of DLC fighter custom moves by making the moves stronger overall.

Don't wanna offend any of you who mains Cloud but I fear he is another Little Mac. Hear me out, he's completely broken, his forward Smash is devastating, and his limit break makes him unstoppable! He's pretty great tbh, but a bit too much I think.:rotfl::D

Personally I was disappointed at Bayonetta being in smash and Haven't bought her yet. As for corrin when I played him I changed my mind about him and bought him for my wii u asap lol Cloud is also great

Well, it's that time again. A new Smash DLC has been released, and tons of people are already hyped/salty about it. What are you guys opinions on this DLC? Not to mention the addition of Bayonetta, (*cough cough* looks op as hell...) Cloud, and Corin. Let me know what you guys think down below!
I have to admit, I predicted they would reveal cloud at one point or another and I ended up buying that DLC bundle with no regrets. I sure was not expecting corrin though. I guess it's like and attempt to slap a FE Fates advertisement on smash bros which is a game I'm sure most people were going to buy anyways. It kind of agitates me though that Bayonetta won the ballot though considering her background. Plus, did nobody think that adding a demon-slaying, gunweilding rougue from an m rated video game to a Series that is supposed to be appealing to all ages might've been somewhat of a bad idea. I was so pumped for Professor Layton too. :,( >:<!

Bayonetta looks really strong. I'm glad Corrin got nerfed (Bayonetta didn't :( ) but I feel like cloud shouldn't have got nerfed. I think I'm just really bad with him, his recovery isn't that good and I don't know his combos. I pretty sure 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001 of the world thinks Cloud is weak. That 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001 is ME

Here's some information. Bayonetta has a unique Final Smash. Bayonetta is from the platform Bayonetta 1 & 2. Corrin is from Fire Emblem: Fates. By the way I get much want to buy all of them. Mr Sakurai has added loads of third party characters (Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta, Shulk). I don't know how they would be on tournaments but I know Bayonetta is banned in Spain. Sorry Spanish people... Cloud is Little Mac 2.0 since his limit break is like the KO meter. Corrin is good at recovery because of his wings. Btw Corrin and Bayonetta is not in the tier list... I think Bayonetta is in top ends while Corrin in the middle.

Well the Midgard stage is awesome and the falling clock tower stage us well done. Even though cloud was nerfed u think he's still really good he just can't kill people at like 40 percent anyone.

Back