Thoughts on new DLC (Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta and Stages)

• Thread starter Azzura
  • Start date
Azzura

Azzura

That Greninja Main
Towns Folk
Well, it's that time again. A new Smash DLC has been released, and tons of people are already hyped/salty about it. What are you guys opinions on this DLC? Not to mention the addition of Bayonetta, (*cough cough* looks op as hell...) Cloud, and Corin. Let me know what you guys think down below!

Reactions: supermonk404 and Henry 25313
What can I say that I probably haven't said? I'm definitely hyped for Bayonetta and all her devastating-looking combos. Corrin and Cloud look like great additions to Smash. And the new stages look exciting, especially the many ways the fight on Midgar can change with Summons, Odin seeming to be my favorite.

Reactions: Eric Cartman
For the most part I think that you are right about everything. I surley am not looking forword to people crowding the online lobby's with Bayonetta, although I see it as an opertunity for players to strive to think harder and create new combination attacks and sharpen their skills with their favorite or most used characters to a point where all characters couf be as O.P. as Bayonetta and in turn make the game not only more fun but tactical as you try to avoid the attack at the right time mid air or on land. Ultimately creating a new environment.

I liked pretty much everything that they announced in the final Smash Direct. All Corrin, Cloud and (especially) Bayonetta look so very OP >.> The trailers were fantastic and the new stages are really good as well. I find Bayonetta the thing that I was probably most hyped since not only did I not expect her, but her movesets, final smash and overall ability to utilize them to perform powerful combos is very interesting. That's a DLC I will really want =P

I feel bad however about how people are so salty about the direct, demanding this and that... the developers work hard on he DLC and lots of people don't appreciate that.

Cloud - I kinda underestimated him when he was first revealed but after watching the trailer I went ahead and bought him and I have no regrets.
Corrin - Honestly I'm not a FE person but seeing him in got my heart pumping. He seems unique, although now we have 6 FE reps. oh well the more the merrier?
Bayonetta - I almost fell off my bed screaming when they showed her. Literally I almost woke up my brother, but wow. To think she won the ballot, I think she kinda did deserve the spot.

Bayonetta - I almost fell off my bed screaming when they showed her. Literally I almost woke up my brother, but wow. To think she won the ballot, I think she kinda did deserve the spot.
I had expected Snake to win the ballot. Seeing as he's a Smash Bros vet, his return would have been praised. But hey, better someone cool like Bayonetta than Wolf or Pichu.

I liked pretty much everything that they announced in the final Smash Direct. All Corrin, Cloud and (especially) Bayonetta look so very OP >.> The trailers were fantastic and the new stages are really good as well. I find Bayonetta the thing that I was probably most hyped since not only did I not expect her, but her movesets, final smash and overall ability to utilize them to perform powerful combos is very interesting. That's a DLC I will really want =P

I feel bad however about how people are so salty about the direct, demanding this and that... the developers work hard on he DLC and lots of people don't appreciate that.
Yeah, I agree with the fact that developers are being criticized too much. I think that all the new things in the DLC are amazing, from cloud to the geno mii costume, to the Midgar stage. I think the development team should give themselves a pat on the back for this one, cause it's pretty cool so far.

Also, is that gnar in your profile pic? :eek:

Yeah, I agree with the fact that developers are being criticized too much. I think that all the new things in the DLC are amazing, from cloud to the geno mii costume, to the Midgar stage. I think the development team should give themselves a pat on the back for this one, cause it's pretty cool so far.

Also, is that gnar in your profile pic? :eek:
I saw so many salty comments on twitch chat during the smash direct xP

And yes, it is ^-^

[Crying about how Issac didn't make it in] Ahhhh! Why, just WHY! [Stops crying] I'm buying Corrin making him my main then buying all 3 games in the 80$ bundle. [Starts crying again]

[Crying about how Issac didn't make it in] Ahhhh! Why, just WHY! [Stops crying] I'm buying Corrin making him my main then buying all 3 games in the 80$ bundle. [Starts crying again]
Honestly, how would he even play? Doesn't he just run around and shoot things at enemies?

... No. That's what Pit does in Kid Icarus Uprising. Issac is a RPG character with the ability to use Venus psyenergy meaning he can manipulate the Earth. Just look up golden sun video game.

I'm excited for all three, especially Bayonetta. However, I feel as if Corrin is a bit, "too new" to join smash. Heck, western players don't even know him and that adds for another FE character, making FE to have the most characters from the same series in the game. Also now, robin is the officially the only FE character with no counter. Bayonetta looks like she'll be the Virgil of smash.

all I can say is, Beyonetta is going to be me BAEonetta

that adds for another FE character, making FE to have the most characters from the same series in the game.QUOTE]
Actually, I think they're tied with the Pokémon representatives; 6:6

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
I'm most hyped about Bayonetta and Cloud. Once I get a prepaid card, I'm gonna get all the DLC characters. (I don't have any, :( )

I'm excited for all three, especially Bayonetta. However, I feel as if Corrin is a bit, "too new" to join smash. Heck, western players don't even know him and that adds for another FE character, making FE to have the most characters from the same series in the game. Also now, robin is the officially the only FE character with no counter. Bayonetta looks like she'll be the Virgil of smash.
From UMVC3?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for bayonetta next stop off the hype train because her combos are so OP and her final smash is defianatly amazing. Who doesn't want to crush their oppenents to their doom with a demon. She can also slow down time to make her attacks more devastating.
Corrin is OK. I not really too hyped about him being released though because he has only been in a new Fire emblem game (which has only been released in japan) so not many people know who he is. I thought he was sorta cool with the dragon transformation thing but he not my thing. Also whats with daddy sakurai with the male/female character changes and color changes with characters like robin, wii fit trainer, and corrin.
Cloud is pretty OP to especially with his limit break ability. He also has an ability to to launch opponents with his special move.

Well, it's that time again. A new Smash DLC has been released, and tons of people are already hyped/salty about it. What are you guys opinions on this DLC? Not to mention the addition of Bayonetta, (*cough cough* looks op as hell...) Cloud, and Corin. Let me know what you guys think down below!
I can't wait for bayonetta next stop off the hype train because her combos are so OP and her final smash is defianatly amazing. Who doesn't want to crush their oppenents to their doom with a demon. She can also slow down time to make her attacks more devastating.
Corrin is OK. I not really too hyped about him being released though because he has only been in a new Fire emblem game (which has only been released in japan) so not many people know who he is. I thought he was sorta cool with the dragon transformation thing but he not my thing. Also whats with daddy sakurai with the male/female character changes and color changes with characters like robin, wii fit trainer, and corrin.
Cloud is pretty OP to especially with his limit break ability. He also has an ability to to launch opponents with his special move.
Yeah especially cloud is op, as I am currently working on trying to main him, I realized half of his ariels can meteor smash.

I don't see how Cloud got in, he isn't even on a Nintendo Console (as far as I know). -,- But as a fighter he's ok, but annoying.

I don't care much for bayonetta but I think she'll break the game >.>

And Corn's (that's intentional) animations look a little sloppy to me :/ But yay! More fire emblem! :cat:

I really appreciate the hard work that went into creating three DLC characters that are not only unique from each other, but unique from all other characters still in Smash. I'm excited for Corrin and Bayonetta especially to arrive later. I've already gotten Cloud and his stage, he is really enjoyable to play with (especially that Down-Special), while his stage is just plain crazy with all those awesome summons. While I am slightly surprised at the addition of yet another Fire Emblem character, I am nonetheless happy with what they've shown us.

Back