The Risk of Hacking your Monster Hunter 4 game

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Capcom of Japan revealed information on its official website telling Monster Hunter 4 players not to tamper with their game's saved data. Doing so has the chance of making the game unstable.

Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/support/faq/information_info2013_061707.html

What are your thoughts? Were you planning to tamper with the game's saved data?

What is tamper the save data?
Make changes so you can cheat?

What is tamper the save data?
Make changes so you can cheat?
Yes. I think it's possible to edit the contents of your saved file to add weapons, etc.

Yes. I think it's possible to edit the contents of your saved file to add weapons, etc.

You can actually do that stuff on Wii U and 3DS?

I don't know how to do it, but you can see someone showing off some of the stuff when you hack your MH4 game's saved data - http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7352895.html (scroll down to the video)

I think a third-party device (not licensed by Nintendo) is required to do it.

Reactions: ErixSan
I don't know how to do it, but you can see someone showing off some of the stuff when you hack your MH4 game's saved data - http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7352895.html (scroll down to the video)

I think a third-party device (not licensed by Nintendo) is required to do it.

Ah! That explain a lot!

Hacking a game just to get ahead is really just lame and kills the fun for yourself. I guess if you were just interested in tinkering with it you might want to give save editing a try, but to just skip the grind is really a sign of impatience. Just play the game to have fun. Who cares if you get the best armors or not? After all, this isn't even a PVP game. It's your skill that determines how well you can defeat monsters, not your armor.

I wasn't planning on modifying my save when I'll get the game. I prefer getting the good stuff by myself without using cheats.
No matter how hard it'll be. Cheating is lame, and can get you banned from playing online (You didn't know that Capcom used to ban cheaters on MH3? Well, a friend of mine learned it just before Capcom closed the server.) :p.

Yeah, it might be tempting since some of the gems only have 1% drop rates (20 minute fight, 1% drop rate, same monster, you could easily see that this becomes incredibly boring). However, the feeling that you get after actually legitimately getting what you want will trump the hollowness you'll feel when you just cheat to get it.

I don't see the point in hacking a game just to advance and get some stuff earlier, where is the fun on in? I think one the most important characteristics monster hunter games have is the possibility of making your own journey to get what you want, you want this weapon wrapped in jaggi fur, ok then go and hunt some of these beasts to get the sources to make it, here is the fun of the game, otherwise it would lose the essence of the game.

Are they talking about using something like action replay or just plain hacking the game?

Are they talking about using something like action replay or just plain hacking the game?
Both. Either way, you're editing the save data.

Oh, nope. I don't intend to tamper with my original games' save data all. I have had some great experiences cheating in Wii games, but it removes all the fun, IMO.
It is entirely possible, as a YouTuber discovered Diancie and Mega Latios/Latias before they were announced, usign a device such as a PowerSave.

Back