The 3D Zelda Remakes: Is It Worth It (Special Guest)

• Thread starter Ethendor
  • Start date

Are the Zelda Remakes Worth It

• Total voters
Ethendor

Ethendor

The PK-Fire spammer
Towns Folk
@maxthe2pokemonshowdown asked me if I would do a Is It Worth It episode so here I go with the 3D Zelda Remakes.

Prices: Ocarina of Time 3D $19.99, Majora's Mask 3D $39.99, Wind Waker HD $19.99, Twilight Princess 3D $49.99

The Zelda Remakes are of course remakes of remakes of the original games so I will focus on mostly the differences and if those differences justify buying the remakes. Of course please leave your thoughts down below and vote in the polls if you think they are worth it or not.

I will start in the order the original games released in. So Ocarina if time first.
The big difference in this remake is the graphics as the 3ds remake has a noticeable improvement 09ecd5a5e52d3523928b9bf832ebfaa5-650-80.jpg
and the remake also has a better frame rate as the original is 20fps while the remake is 30fps making the game look and play smoother
For gameplay additions we have the Shekiah Stones witch give you hints if you're stuck it is not really needed but it can help new players a lot if they like don't know where the hookshot is, they added one extra button for items and giving the ocarina it's own button so you will not have to item switch as much, the map is at the bottom screen so you can look at it while moving, and last but not least we got master quest returning from the gamecube but the whole world is mirrored for those who don't know master quest makes the dungeons a lot harder.
This remake is really solid it doesn't add that much but it's way smoother, you can play it on the go, and it's only $19.99 thanks to the nintendo selects, with that in mind I would totally recommend this to anyone who doesn't have the original, if you do have the original than I would still get this if you want to play it on the go.

Next is Majora's Mask which thankfully has a lot more additions
So let's start with the graphics which are basically the same improvements as OOT 3D and even still has the new 30fps as the original had 20fpsimages.jpg
The new additions are an easier to see clock though I do miss the old design, the added item buttons so you don't switch items as much, the song of double time allows you to choose any hour of the day making side quest a lot easier, adding an extra bottle to hold things so you have more room for fairies , changing the locations of mask to be more convenient, if you have a circle pad you can move the camera freely, and last and a little controversial they made all the bosses harder or easier for better or for worse.
Overall this is an excellent remake doing basically what oot 3d did but much more but I wouldn't exactly give this the same recommendation as oot 3d as MM 3d is $39.99 so I would only recommend this if you get it on sale or if you really need a portable version as the virtual console for $9.99.

Now it's time for my favorite remake Wind Waker HD this has about as much additions as OOT 3D but for some reason I like this one a lot more
Now for graphics the graphics in this remake look absolutely stunning as it is really hard for me to even think about playing the gamecube versionimages (1).jpg
For additions you got miiverse yay I guess, Fast Sail which makes you go faster and makes the wind go the direction your facing this addition is probably the best, A hero mode making you take double damage, Having a map on the gamepad witch makes exploring and filling up the map more fun, and last but not least the Triforce quest being a ton easier and not making you spend like over 6,000 rupees to finish it.
I would totally recommend this to any fan of the original or newcomer as beating the game isn't as frustrating as it was before and it is only $19.99 thanks to nintendo selects but if you have the original you really don't need the remake.

Last is Twilight Princess the remake that probably adds the least in terms of new stuff
The graphics are slightly better with you not being able to tell the difference unless you're directly trying to compare gameplay footage images (3).jpg images (2).jpg
For new additions all you have is stamps for miiverse, a hero mode with the world be flipped like the Wii version and double damge, amiibo support for hearts restored arrows restored and double damage really bland bonuses, a Poe lantern to help you find poes, and a new battle gauntlet with the wolf link amiibo not really worth it if you ask me.
This remake is an okay remake not really worth it if you have the original as it is $49.99 but if you don't have the original and if you really want to play it go get the remake.

Most of these remakes I would recommend as they have some good improvements compared to the originals vote up above and in the comments are these remakes worth it and why

I think the 3DS remakes of OoT and MM are def. worth it. Not even for the better quality graphics, but hey, it's a plus. I'd get it just to have it on a new game system. My N64 kicked the bucket not too long ago and being able to replay those games is awesome. I never played WW, but same thing there, but w/TP, it's already on a newer system, I don't think it should be remade, but if it has been, or will be later on, I wouldn't get it. I thought it was a good game, but I'm good. Ty.

Any of the four are well worth getting since they're all classics in their own right. From personal experience, Ocarina of Time on the 3DS was an excellent affair and one fantastic game, and the same would extend to Majora's Mask being on the same engine. Considering that most won't have an N64/legal way to play any of the games I think they're all worth it. Graphics and updated content alone should make sure that they're of a high quality.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Though I only have OOT 3D I'm really exited to get majoras mask 3D and wind waker Hd. The graphics are amazing (for a 3ds) and they kept some of the glitchs too, it makes it feel like the original but hand held! It's an amazing game and though I'm not finished master quest It's still a 10/10 for me

In my opinion, Wind Waker HD is the most with ut of all of the titles above. The improvements made bring the game up to speed with even the most graphically impressive modern games (*mostly) and the gameplay improvements make it one of my favorite Zelda games of all time.

Back