• Thread starter TheYESDragon
  • Start date
TheYESDragon

TheYESDragon

Find Your Warrior
Towns Folk
Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/771348589310271489?lang=en-gb

CrRhc-bWEAAJN4G.jpg:large

It's official! We're getting a port of Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS, due for release on 2nd December 2016. The game will apparently not feature the ability to search for specific online stages like the Wii U version does, however, it will allow you to play the online Challenges with StreetPass being used to exchange courses with friends.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamer4647, spagooti and Marc
The game will apparently not feature the ability to search for specific online stages like the Wii U version does
That sucks :/

Although I'm happy the game got a port to 3DS so not only Wii U owners can enjoy the building experience.

The real spark that got me interested in the game was the ability to make and share stages with people online. I rarely see people in my area with a 3DS so I have no hope of finding someone with this game to exchange courses with over Streetpass ;-;

wha-.... wha-.... huh-... WHY IS NINTENDO DOING THIS TO PEOPLE D: Mario maker for the 3ds?!?! are you serious??? REALLY?!
*song plays* tsk tsk tsk. Nintendo please... WHY may i ask is this a thing? suuure 3ds users want the level making thing... BUT STILL! the screen even on the XL console is WAY to small for level creating like that. Not to mention the fact that you CAN'T EVEN SHARE LEVELS ONLINE?? that was the whole consept! i mean COME ON NINTENDO! am I the only one here thinking that nintendo only made a 3ds version to milk the wii u version? there is litarrly NO point what so ever in making a 3ds version. *Takes a deep breath* sorry for my little rant there.... but still nintendo could be working more on games like breath of the wild and stuff >.< not making ports for a system what doesn't have a big enough screen.

I'm really excited about it actually. I really wanted to own it and I even though about buying a Wii U just to get it, but I'm glad 3ds owners can get it soon too. I'm really disappointed that you can share levels online, cuz I live in he middle of nowhere and hardly streetpass other people, and only one of my friends has a 3ds and I doubt he will buy this game. I personally thik its cool to share levels by streetpass, they just should have included online levels too. I also think they should have kept in the mystery mushroom costumes as well, but even despite of this I still think I might get it.

OMG its coming out on my birthday

I've just added the trailer, same deal as my other Superstars thread.

That sucks :/

Although I'm happy the game got a port to 3DS so not only Wii U owners can enjoy the building experience.

The real spark that got me interested in the game was the ability to make and share stages with people online. I rarely see people in my area with a 3DS so I have no hope of finding someone with this game to exchange courses with over Streetpass ;-;

Yep, it looks like Nintendo do want some more profit for this game on 3DS, it will sell quite well despite the disappointment over online levels, I guess.

I'm in the same boat :p Although at least the Challenges should provide the best online levels (I don't have Wii U but it does sound like Nintendo haven't completely ruined the online aspect).

I'd rather have it on Wii U, but not bad. I guess. I likely won't enjoy it very much considering the lack of 3DS users in my area, but it could be fun as a casual building tool.

I believe sharing levels online will be possible, but only through the Wii U version.
At least they will have 100 exclusive levels.

I'd rather have it on Wii U, but not bad. I guess. I likely won't enjoy it very much considering the lack of 3DS users in my area, but it could be fun as a casual building tool.

If you have a Wii U, buy it there. The handheld version will lack features.
Yoshi Wolly World, in the other hand, my be a nice pick if the framerate is good (remember Hyrule Warriors Legends?)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a Wii U, buy it there. The handheld version will lack features.
Yoshi Wolly World, in the other hand, my be a nice pick if the framerate is good (remember Hyrule Warriors Legends?)
Don't have a Wii U, but want one :'D

The framerate is definitely an issue on o3DS, but considering YWW isn't so hardware intensive, it might run well anyway

Nintendo's thought process for this one was weird:

Let's make a great game portable, take out what makes it great, water it down some, and make it more difficult to share levels. It's genius!

Nintendo, get your stuff together please. You could've done everything on the Wii u, just down size it

The game will feature 100 premade levels, access to levels uploaded from the Wii U version, the 100 Mario Challenge will be available, and it'll be possible to share levels through Local Wireless and StreetPass (with wireless transfers able to send collaboration/unfinished levels)

Now, it's time to mentioned the features that were cut from this version: 10 Mario Challenge, searches by IDs and the ability to upload levels online are gone, and Mystery Mushrooms (including the Mario costume) are Wii U exclusive

I was surprised when Super Mario Maker is finally ported to 3DS! Even though it's lacking some features like Mario costumes and searching for other courses, I think this makes Super Mario Maker accessible to almost everyone, at least. However, I hope it won't overshadow its Wii U counterpart, since the latter is far more superior in many ways.

Oh, and I'm wondering if I can make music parades as I progress through the level, just like how it's shown in Wii U.

I was surprised when Super Mario Maker is finally ported to 3DS! Even though it's lacking some features like Mario costumes and searching for other courses, I think this makes Super Mario Maker accessible to almost everyone, at least. However, I hope it won't overshadow its Wii U counterpart, since the latter is far more superior in many ways.

Oh, and I'm wondering if I can make music parades as I progress through the level, just like how it's shown in Wii U.
Nah, the Wii u version will over shadow it just like the Wii u version of smash over shadows smash 3ds

Reactions: Starry Windy
This is bad

Nah, the Wii u version will over shadow it just like the Wii u version of smash over shadows smash 3ds
3DS version has sold around 7 million units worldwide whilst Wii U version has sold around 5 million, so I guess it makes sense to do this.

Reactions: Jisenku
3DS version has sold around 7 million units worldwide whilst Wii U version has sold around 5 million, so I guess it makes sense to do this.
While they may have more sales, the preferred one would be the Wii u version

While they may have more sales, the preferred one would be the Wii u version
That is true, although a lot of 3DS owners like myself would probably just rather get this version than get a Wii U at this stage (waiting for NX, I guess).

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Didn't notice the news was posted in the Mario board
Figured that out when my post in 3DS Games was moved here ._.

Well, this shows that Wii U ports to the NX are probably going to happen at some point

Last edited:
I'm really wondering what is even the use if having the game without online sharing, too bad won't be interested like this.

I'm really wondering what is even the use if having the game without online sharing, too bad won't be interested like this.
I wonder if part of the decision was to do with the heavy Miiverse integration on the Wii U version, but lacked such integration on 3DS

Back