Contest Story-Writing Contest!

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
Hello, 3DS Pedia users. I want to play a game... :eek:
Hey, come back! I'm not Jigsaw! Believe me, we're not in a Saw movie :hilarious:

We've a lot of contests that depend on luck, but in this contest, victory is based entirely on your ability. Your story-telling ability :bookworm:

mario_vs_wario_by_doctorwalui.png

Based on the idea given below, participants will have to write a story.

WriteAStoryOnThis said:
After years and years of development, Nintendo are ready to release WarioWare, Inc. Mortis Megagames*, a game so highly anticipated that once released it will destroy Mario's popularity while launching Wario's into the stratosphere.

Wario fully intends to make life miserable for Mario and his friends once the game has been released and he's filthy rich. How do Mario and his friends go about stopping him?

Not the best of story ideas, but make what you can of it :p because the winners shall receive extravagant prizes :greedy:

Prizes:

1st Prize:
100 Play Coins
2nd Prize: 75 Play Coins
3rd Prize: 50 Play Coins

However, there are rules :eek:

Rules:

1. All participants must submit their story by July 10, 2014 00:00 Hours GMT+5 as a private message to me.
  2. Stories must be original, previously unpublished and at least 300 words. You can use an online word-counter like WordCountTool to help you with the last bit.
  3. Any story containing swearing, adult content and other objectionable stuff will not be considered. If you're writing a scary story (yes, you can :eek: ) with a scary murder scene or something, please put a warning at the start (e.g, "This story contains scenes of explicit violence and gore." :rotfl: )
  4. Two users can partner up to co-write a story, but in this case the prize will be split between them if their story is among the winners.
  5. Try not to make mistakes in the departments of grammar, punctuation and spelling. You can have a friend (even a fellow 3DS Pedia user) proof-read your work since writing does tend to make one 'typo blind' for a while.
  6. The winning stories will be announced and prizes will be given out on July 15, 2014.
  7. Once the contest is over, users are free to publish their stories in the Town Square section of the forum.
  8. The stories will be judged by the unbiased me :p In case a staff member (@Marc, @Erixsan, @Mikaya, @Nanamine) is willing to co-judge, they can do so and a rating system for the stories will be developed but in this case, they will not be able to participate in the contest.
  9. Only members with at least 10 quality posts who post regularly in the discussion forums can participate in the contest.

Good luck to everyone who participates :thumbsup:

*not a real game :p

---------

Notice: The contest will now end on July 20, 2014 and prizes will be given out and winners announced on July 25, 2014.

Last edited:
Reactions: PersonSP, 423, Gecko and 8 others
I would love to join this contest. Let's write a good story.

Reactions: Gecko and 18
If i can find some time I will also enter this contest. (even though i probably suck at story stories XD)

Edit: what is the maximum amount of words?

Reactions: Gecko
I'm writing a Fan Fic with Reece and Marc o3o

I'm very good at stories like Patrick star. To understand: one day a boy was born. It was very ugly, so ugly that everyone died. :p (just kidding)

I would love to join this contest. Let's write a good story.
\ : D / (I stole this smiley from @Marc :p)

If i can find some time I will also enter this contest. (even though i probably suck at story stories XD)

Edit: what is the maximum amount of words?
Do you mean *scary stories? They don't have to be scary necessarily. They can be any type, as long as if they have violence a warning precedes the story.

There is no maximum amount of words, but it should still be a short story, not a novel :p I guess anywhere up to 10, 000 words is fine.

I'm writing a Fan Fic with Reece and Marc o3o
Wow :eek: Good luck!

I'm very good at stories like Patrick star. To understand: one day a boy was born. It was very ugly, so ugly that everyone died. :p (just kidding)
:rotfl:

Reactions: Gecko and Marc
I'll join, I wrote a Cthulu mythos story.

Reactions: 18
Once a upon a time there was a man with a computer. There was no Wifi.

There's a new rule that I should have put there in the first place. Check rule#9, everyone. It's very important.

:eek:

There's a new rule that I should have put there in the first place. Check rule#9, everyone. It's very important.

:eek:

good rule, i am not sure if i have that much though:p

Basically, anyone who is a regular member and enjoys the site qualifies. So if you use this site regularly, then it's very likely that you qualify :)

wow i didn't know this contest was still on

@Spinnerweb Does ChiefKeef qualify for this contest?

Is this a joke? I see what you wrote on the bottom.

"Not a real game."

:p

@Spinnerweb Does ChiefKeef qualify for this contest?

Is this a joke? I see what you wrote on the bottom.

"Not a real game."
ChiefKeef qualifies :)

No, it's not a joke. I made a * sign next to 'WarioWare Inc. Mortis Megagames' and then wrote '*not a real game' at the bottom to make sure everyone knew it was a fictional game :p Kinda like what they do in magazines, with the '*names changed to protect privacy' signs :D

I had an awesome story I was working on a couple months back, but I forgot where I saved it. If I do manage to find it in time, I will participate for sure! If I don't, will there be more contests like this in the future?

Reactions: 18
I had an awesome story I was working on a couple months back, but I forgot where I saved it. If I do manage to find it in time, I will participate for sure! If I don't, will there be more contests like this in the future?
Given how well-received this one has been (even if I haven't received any story so far :eek: ) there might be. Everyone's free to hold such contests, of course :D

Remember guys, July 10 is the last date. Better buck up if you're gonna submit one. :panda: :cat:

Reactions: 423
Well, ehrm.

:panda:

I can only assume that Smash Camp and everyone's personal reasons resulted in not a single submission with only a day left. :bag: This is humiliating. This is soul-destroying. This is so crushingly embarrassing that I cannot help but use the panda smiley excessively in conversation these days. :panda:

I ought to have given a longer deadline, but I read in Reader's Digest that people are more productive on a shorter deadline (pfft, lying jerks... I'm gonna throw June's issue out now :rotfl: ) and I thought two weeks was more than enough because it's just a short story, mates. I wasn't expecting anyone to start working on the next Harry Potter :eek:

But here we then, so extension time :cry:

• All entries must be sent in before July 20, 2014.
  • The winners will be announced and prizes will be given out on July 25, 2014.
:bag:

Can I submit the story I'll submit to the smash camp? :p

Can I submit the story I'll submit to the smash camp? :p
No, you can't. :panda:

Stories must be original, previously unpublished and at least 300 words.
original, previously unpublished and at least 300 words.
original, previously unpublished

So you may not have submitted it to them already, but it will be published there eventually (I think) and it still won't count as original. :(
I hope you don't take it as me being jealous because you can win Smash Camp single-handedly. It's just the rules :bag:

No, you can't. :panda:

So you may not have submitted it to them already, but it will be published there eventually (I think) and it still won't count as original. :(
I hope you don't take it as me being jealous because you can win Smash Camp single-handedly. It's just the rules :bag:

Aww I understand, that sucks Dx

Back