So, how are you feeling from that Final Smash Presentation?

• Thread starter MasterFluffy
  • Start date
MasterFluffy

MasterFluffy

Not the heir to the Monado
Towns Folk
Personally I was satisfied easily with the launch roster, so the stuff in DLC as a whole just added to that. I may have voted for Isaac, Pichu, Wolf, and Fawful, but I'm fine that none of them got in. The DLC now has added 7 more characters than I could ever ask for, being any. All the ones who returned, were re-worked while maintaining what made them special in their original games. The newcomers then add some interesting new thing from their games. Ryu adds Street Fighter-like mechanics for his inputs and light, medium, and heavy attacks, Cloud has the Limit Break System, Corrin is a dragon with a chainsaw-sword, and Bayonetta fights like a hack 'n slash game's combo system. I think Sakurai has given us plenty, as deserves a great vacation of rest.

Reactions: Edalex and Eric Cartman
Awesome. Bayonetta is basically Solid Snake of Smash 4, and basically a gender-bent Dante from Devil May Cry( the original, not DMC). I already played Dante in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and he was fun, and Bayonetta feels like she is gonna be the Dante of Smash. I mean, I was already planning on getting both games for my Wii U already way before Smash, like in November 2014, but now, it's a must have for my Wii U.

I don't know this Corrin guy is and the fact that he's included in a game that most of us haven't played yet kinda makes me feel some type of way. And I want to play Awakening first. Cloud (of course we all knew he was going to be included already) feels a little more special. But Bayonetta man. I GOTTA have that. Seeing Bayonetta there has got me saving every PC I get so I can buy it from someone.

I don't know this Corrin guy is and the fact that he's included in a game that most of us haven't played yet kinda makes me feel some type of way.
It's just to give us a feel of how he'll be in the Fire Emblem Fates game :D Idk if they were willing to wait after the game's launch to release new DLC ;-; It's better to get everything now rather than later tbh.

I was satisfied with it, but I must admit, I skipped some of the gameplay scenes (except for the three new playable DLC characters, of course) and mainly watched the news parts of the Direct.

Reactions: atomic_ian
I don't know this Corrin guy is and the fact that he's included in a game that most of us haven't played yet kinda makes me feel some type of way. And I want to play Awakening first. Cloud (of course we all knew he was going to be included already) feels a little more special. But Bayonetta man. I GOTTA have that. Seeing Bayonetta there has got me saving every PC I get so I can buy it from someone.
A Wii U with both Bayonetta games?

It's just to give us a feel of how he'll be in the Fire Emblem Fates game :D Idk if they were willing to wait after the game's launch to release new DLC ;-; It's better to get everything now rather than later tbh.

I was satisfied with it, but I must admit, I skipped some of the gameplay scenes (except for the three new playable DLC characters, of course) and mainly watched the news parts of the Direct.
To be honest, when I seen his gameplay, I was thinking he would be a powerful, formidable character. And his counter definitely has me interested. Maybe I should give him a chance. But even with his amazing trailer and my fondness of swordfighters, I can't put him above Bayonetta.

@Chrononome The character obviously.

First time I saw Corrin I didn't know who he/she was at first, but then I realized it's another FE character and I got to say, Corrin looks pretty cool. Plus it kind of makes sense to have more FE characters, because along with Mario and Pokemon, it's probably one of the most popular Nintendo games ever so... yeah. As for Bayonetta, I was surprised that she won the Smash Ballot, but I really wasn't too surprised that she got in, because I knew they would probably represent her in some way. But I still kind of wonder if there will be more. Like maybe something Nintendo is working into the game. I know this was the last Smash announcement, but I still feel like there's more that we don't know that Nintendo may not be telling us. But who knows?

honestly, it just brightened my day. it was a nice thing to watch after having taken 2 finals. it made me become a smash addict again lol

For the characters, all of them are pretty awesome. It really makes me wish that the two (Corrin and Bayonetta) would release earlier but their trailers were enough to have me hyped for that time being. The stages speak for themselves. As for the Mii Costumes, I'm pretty neutral, since I never really liked them from the beginning >.<

Overall, I'm quite satisfied, perhaps even more than that :p One thing's for sure: I have to get Bayonetta xD

To be honest, when I seen his gameplay, I was thinking he would be a powerful, formidable character. And his counter definitely has me interested. Maybe I should give him a chance. But even with his amazing trailer and my fondness of swordfighters, I can't put him above Bayonetta.

@Chrononome The character obviously.
But would you? (The games)

But would you? (The games)
I have no plans on getting a Wii U so no to the second one. Maybe I'll get the first one.

Idk, it was a bit disappointing, I haven't played a game with any of the new characters. However, the 3 of them look really good.

Idk i was so hyped for Corin especially i dont really like bayonetta or cloud that much but i think nintendo trolled us because no character they announced was even in fan ballots lol so i think they never released the ballot winners and they just used it for ideas for some other characters they were developing

pretty sure my name explains a lot :T
anyway, i was surprised when they added another FE character into smash, since we already had 5. i will admit, he definitely seems like a good original fighter for the game, and not just another clone like some of the ones we already have (*cough*lucina*cough*dark pit*cough*) i'm not exactly excited about cloud tho, but that's probably because i've never played an FF game before .-.
also #BayonettaFTW!

Bayoneta was number 1 worldwide of reconizable fighters... Issac and Shantae had a chance... And I just can't see a Bayoneta Amiibo.

I'm happy for Bayonetta. It's always been an interesting character, and if she gets an amiibo, I'm pretty sure I'll get her. Not sure if she will be able to do anything in other games but anyway, I still like that character.

I have... some kind of mixed feelings, mainly because of Corrin. While yes, he does play in a very different way than the blue haired brigade, 6 Fire Emblem representatives in Smash seems like a lot to me. I'd have liked to see something from a franchise that has less (*coughDKandStarFoxcough*) or no playable characters at all, note that I am NOT unhappy that he/she is in, just a little disappointed. Bayonetta is a really cool addition to the roster, and I honestly didn't expect her, all the impressions I've seen so far have been mostly positive. Also, adding another female character is always good, and, while we won't be getting Snake back anytime soon, Bayonetta pretty much fits the bill for him, at least when it comes to character design and whatnot. She seems to be an extremely tactical character.

I am a little disapointed actually. I feel like the game already had enough Fire emblem characters, and since the game isn`t even released outside Japan yet, I think the character stole a spot from a more deserving nintendo character. I haven`t played a single Bayonetta game, so I don`t her as well. Their gameplay looks great, but it was just that I hoped for another character, which were Shovel Knight.

Reactions: Mira
One of Bayonetta's best lines.

Reactions: Eric Cartman
I feel completely content. Corrin and Bayonetta's reveals were amazing and can't wait to try them out once they release. Their move sets were pretty darn sick to see in action as well. I don't think anyone saw these two coming, not even from a mile away lol. It's hard to believe that this is it as far as Smash goes. Daddy Sakurai ended it all with a bang.

Back