Should zelda botw be co op

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
freezebot

freezebot

PineappleDoggo <3
Towns Folk
Well there been a lack of co op games lately and well should zelda seems like like tyhe perfect game to have co op. The reason im saying this is because there a big open world and it would be pretty hard to explore it by yourself so why not have a friend help you but knowing Nintendo there not going to do that unless a miracle happens. So do you think Zelda botw should have co op

I don't think so, at least not on Wii U.

The system is already pushing itself to the max by running the game normally, I don't think Co-op would be possible, I'd say even off-TV play is impossible, too.

ok but switch could be possible

From a design point of view making an open world game coop is much more complex than a regular linear game, doubtful Nintendo would put in the work here. More than that though is that it just doesn't fit into what the game is looking like - it seems pretty focussed on the single player, twilight princess/Ocarina style game (with more wind waker graphics I know but gameplay wise as least) where it's the journey of a solitary hero traversing the world. Coop just doesn't fit here.

Reactions: freezebot
good point

Well, if you're brave, and you are using the Switch version, the game can somewhat be made co-op by having two people control Link with different JoyCons. It's actually pretty fun, unless Friend#1 goes rogue and jumps off an edge and you sit there helplessly as he falls to his doom...:dead:

Back