• Thread starter swift789
  • Start date

Which System?

• Total voters
swift789

swift789

Hero of Hyrule
Towns Folk
I've had my 2ds for 3 years and I love it but I'm starting to consider upgrading to one of the newer systems. But I'm also considering just saving my money for the nx. Please help! Which system should I get???

The Nintendo NX release date hasn't even officially been released yet. It could be years until they make it. You saw how long it took them to go from the 3ds to the 2ds. I personally would go for the new 3ds XL, but its your cash bro.

Considering the speed difference and the size screen, I would choose the New 3DS XL all the way.

And if the NX is a handheld, it is obvious there will be an upgraded version a year or two later.

there are ups and downs but the 2 ds or ds lite can't do 3d witch i really like so that is a downside of not having the 3ds there are also really good games and updated versions of games so that is good but some of the older games that have only been released on the ds might not work because they have the wrong hardware on them and you can't upgrade it so my final decision is if you want to get a 3ds then get one but keep the older ds so if you ever want to play older games you can.

If there's a trade-in option, I'd say go for it \o/

If you're spending the full price for the N3DS and you aren't selling your 2DS to recover loss funds, I'd say save the money you do have toward the NX. No point in having a N3DS and a 2DS imo.

Reactions: randysilverwolf
No point in having a N3DS and a 2DS imo.
I have a New 3DS XL, an Old 3DS XL and a 2DS. And they are just mine, my sister has a New 3DS XL too lol :p

Anyway, the real question is "do you need a New 3DS?".
If you want Xenoblade or feel like MH is annoying without a right stick or whatever, then get one. Otherwise, why would you spend money in an upgrade that you won't get any benefit from?

Reactions: randysilverwolf
No point in having a N3DS and a 2DS imo.

What if you want to use the 2DS for DS games and the N3DS for 3DS ones?
That is my plan at least, I bought one in June and I'm still waiting to receive it (I hate this country's custom).

DS games uses more the touchscreen and looks less pixelated in a smaller screen, so that are two of my three reasons to not use my N3DS.

The third one is being able to play outside without damaging the N3DS' hinge.

If you're on a buget or arent going to sell your 2ds, get a 3ds lx or old 3ds. But if you are selling your 2ds, sell it by christmas or your b-day so you can stay "entertained" on the go until then.A recommend game for a new 3ds is super smash bros or if you are a Pokemon fan get 1 of the y x games. or mario kart 7, animal crossing new leaf, fire emblem fates. all good games tho. but its your choice, im not forcing you to get one of these games. Final answer:New 3ds xl

I think you should wait for the NX or when the price drops for the new 3ds and New 3ds xl whichever comes first. You can already play 3ds and ds game and if you want to play Xenoblade so much well get it for the wii, i upgraded because more buttons a bit better layout then 3ds and 3ds Xl And the better 3d screen.

Yes, I did the same thing, I had a 2ds and then upgraded to the new 3ds! It is definitely worth the money to get a new 3ds xl and from my experience it has been very fun :)

Thanks for everything guys my new 3ds xl came today. Your input was really helpful in my decision thanks!!!

Since the NX has recently been revealed as a console/handheld hybrid I would rather forget the new 3DS and save up for the new stuff that is fixing to come out march of next year.

If you care about SNES games, faster loading times, a better internet browser, being able to handle those RAM hungry games (Smash bros and monster hunter), being able to play Xenoblade chronicles, having extra features inc ertain games (for example in terraria, you can have a larger world on the new 3ds, use the c-stick to look around and expand your view, use the zl and zr buttons to go to the inventory/target mode without touching the buttons on the bottom screen and have the game running at 60fps instead of 30)

So yeah...

Well the New 2ds xl came out last month if you're interested in it you should get it instead of buying an XL with "3D" hopefully you get the 2ds xl since you're a 2ds fan if you're more into 2dses I recommend you to buy the 2ds xl and if you're low on budget the 2ds xl costs $150 rn and is more cheaper than the New 3D xl and for some reason the New 3ds xl costs $200 and up and that's not fair because my cousin wanted to buy a brand new 3ds xl

I think if you are already up to grab a new system, I think you should go for the new 3ds xl, it is bigger and faster tan the system you already own. I think that the best thing about it is that it is bigger, you can see better what´s going on in the screen which to me, I think it is crucial because I am getting old so I need a bigger screen to look at.

Back