Resident Evil Resident Evil: Revelations or Mercenaries 3D

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Resident Evil Revelations, because it has a good story and it isn't a short game like RE: The Mercenaries, and Revelations has a small sensation of playing the first Resident Evil game, it has a small survival horror sensation.

Let's say you want to purchase one of the Resident Evil games for the Nintendo 3DS - Resident Evil: Revelations or Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D. Which Resident Evil game would you have purchase and why?
Resident Evil Revelations 3D is SOO the best!!!

Revelations is an acutall game while the other one is just the minigame from resident evil 4&5.it was a $40 minigame that was from a different game.

it is base on your gaming favor, Resident Evil Mercenaries are not that kind of story line game, it is more like a survival and technique how to complete the mission without getting kill by tons of monsters/zombies around you that will keep on spawning, just like any zombies shooting arcade machine in arcade playground or left 4 dead for example. Now Resident Evil: Revelations is a story line game which will make you feel like you are actually in the game, it gives you a tense feeling when or where the monsters will come out to surprise attack you, some parts will make you scared to be killed and some part will surprise you about the character, it'll give you a challenging experience when it comes to boss fight. the game itself have a better graphic than Mercenaries because it is new, it have very detail storm, monsters looking, etc. For me, I would definitely prefer Resident Evil: Revelations because I'm those type of person who love story line and challenge horror games. Also, I would prefers to look for review of the game before choosing it.

I played Revelations on 3ds, and enjoyed it but never played Mercenaries. Can someone tell me if it's worth picking up?

I played Revelations on 3ds, and enjoyed it but never played Mercenaries. Can someone tell me if it's worth picking up?
Not particularly for someone who's played Revelations' Raid Mode. I do enjoy Mercenaries, but only because it has more characters from the RE series and because I'm a superfan who bought Mercenaries long ago. If you enjoyed the Mercenaries mode in RE4/5 a lot, then get Mercenaries 3D (used or on sale if possible, for the lower price.) Otherwise, it's not necessary and if you're not a huge RE fan, I'd say don't bother.

Reactions: AnimeGameKid
Hi everyone! I have a question?
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D is good game or not? :eek:

Resident Evil: Revelations because it has higher graphics the only flaw is the choppy loading and short story

Isn't the whole point of Mercenaries just like that mode in Resident Evil 5 where you try to survive for as long as possible (I've only seen my brother play 5 but I don't think I've seen him play Mercenaries mode)? If so, what would be the point of having it? It would seem like you're getting more with Revelations.

I'd pick Revelations any day of the week. I was scared during my playthrough of the demo, and the gunshot heard at the end of the demo as it cuts to black left me in suspense. Mercenaries 3d has one save slot that CANNOT be erased, and therefore, can only be played ONCE before you have to get a new copy. First moment I get more funds in my eshop account, I'm gonna get Revelations, for sure.

Thanks everyone! I bought revelations and Mercenaries 3d! These games are very great!

ThankYou.png

:D :D

Reactions: Malladus
You're welcome. I am glad that all of us could help you out in making your decision. I personally prefer Revelations more as it has a decent story, and a lot of twists and scares, as well as difficult enemies. Mercenaries 3D, on the other hand, only had 1 save slot, and was essentially a survivor mode turned into a full-fledged game.

Reactions: Link06
I owned both games. Honestly, I prefer Revelation because it offers a campaign mode and also you can play raid mode solo or
co-op play (online). Raid mode, you can play numerous of missions defeating enemies so that you can level up your character and gain more powerful weapons.

On the other hand, Mercenaries 3D is a survivor mode -arcade game. The game itself has no story and lacks of contents but you can play solo or co-op play (online). However, it is still a great and much more of a fast paced game playing with players competing against the clock to defeat as many enemies as possible in a set time.

Regardless of what you choose, they are both great games.

ya know, I never really liked mercenaries, I bought it but then like... Ugh, I was disgusted, some people like it, but if it had a story and maybe was more like cod zombies and nothing was unlocked for you and you had to unlock them yourself then yeah maybe I would've enjoyed it.

But i'm so into revelations i ended up getting it digitally cause i couldn't find it anywhere so i gave up and got that, its fun cause its like a really good console game! Scary yet fun, it has a good online mode and its worth it!!

Reactions: Malladus and Link06
Both games are currently on sale in the e-shop, at least for NA.

Both are at $4.99!

So you ca take a look at this topic and decide which one to get at a really low price :p

I like both, but they're both different stuff so just go with what you're into

side note why is the sound quality in mercenaries 3d literally the worst thing ever

side note why is the sound quality in mercenaries 3d literally the worst thing ever
Rushed game. It sounds like everything's coming out of a radio :p Well, at least you can make that excuse for the dude who gives you orders.

I would prefer to get Resident Evil: Revelations for $4.99. It has a good story, it's pretty scary, and it's a challenge compared to Resident Evil 3d: The Mercenaries. Plus, you don't have everything unlocked for you right away, unlike Mercenaries. As a result, Revelations is more of a game and more of an adventure than that other game.

I would pick revelations again my friend has mercenariesan I played a little bit but I don't know I just have a thing for revelations it's just that the story is so good even though I was scared to play any resident evil games when I was little. when I played revelations I liked it a lot plus it has better graphics and it's super creepy I get that feeling where I don't wanna open any doors

I'm definitely getting Revelations later. RIP Mercenaries.

Plot is VERY important in a game, and if Mercenaries lacks it, Revelations is the way to go.

That, and surviving isn't my thing >.>

Back