Resident Evil Resident Evil: Revelations or Mercenaries 3D

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Let's say you want to purchase one of the Resident Evil games for the Nintendo 3DS - Resident Evil: Revelations or Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D. Which Resident Evil game would you have purchase and why?

Reactions: Zachdje
Mmm... This is for the promotion? :D

If I have to buy it again, I will choose Revelation.
It's a lot better than Mercenaries, it has a story and a lot of things you will enjoy.

Mercenaries are just missions (like quests) with online feature.

I will buy Revelations, I never heard much reviews on Mercenaries, but Revelations gameplay looks really fun and scary. I don't like scary games though but if I had a choice I will choose Revelations over Mercenaries :D

I will buy Revelations, I never heard much reviews on Mercenaries, but Revelations gameplay looks really fun and scary. I don't like scary games though but if I had a choice I will choose Revelations over Mercenaries :D

One tip: Don't buy Mercenaries.
Reason: Experience

Reactions: Reece
One tip: Don't buy Mercenaries.
Reason: Experience
If I do decide on getting it I will go with Resident Evil: Revelations :)

revelations. mercenaries is just a remake of the resident evil 4 :/

revelations. mercenaries is just a remake of the resident evil 4 :/
I wish...

Those are just mission with copy-pasted enemies and place from Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5

I wish...

Those are just mission with copy-pasted enemies and place from Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5
i meant to say resident evil 4 mercanaries :p sorry, my bad.

I would buy the one which has a male protagonist! I don't like playing as a Female character (I'm not sexist) because I'm male and I like to play as the same gender as me. :D

I see your point but i have to disagree with you on this one. Creating Mercenaries was a time waste for Capcom. Revelations has appealed to me and the i played the demo. First chance i get, i'm definitely buying it. (After Phoenix Wright and Virtue's Last reward)

I see your point but i have to disagree with you on this one. Creating Mercenaries was a time waste for Capcom. Revelations has appealed to me and the i played the demo. First chance i get, i'm definitely buying it. (After Phoenix Wright and Virtue's Last reward)

If you buy the digital one, take note this is the game with bigger size on eShop.

If you buy the digital one, take note this is the game with bigger size on eShop.
digital? for Zero escape?

digital? for Zero escape?
You were talking about Resident Evil Revelation.
That game has the bigger size on eShop.

With digital, I mean downloadable game.

Anyways, how I don't understand your question, Virtue's Last rewards has a digital and a physical version, suggesting you to buy the digital one on eShop.

You were talking about Resident Evil Revelation.
That game has the bigger size on eShop.

With digital, I mean downloadable game.

Anyways, how I don't understand your question, Virtue's Last rewards has a digital and a physical version, suggesting you to buy the digital one on eShop.
oh that. of course i would. i don't want to spend extra for a card. it costs more here because its 'foreign material' :p
download over card. card overruled.

RE:Revelations all the way.
if you want a RE game you want a survival horror game and thats what revelations is.
im a dire hard RE fan and i can honestly tell you mercenaries is a bad game.

but to download revelations youwill need a 4gb sd card thats the only problem

Reactions: Marc
So, I may be late in replying, but I'd go with Revelations. Mercenaries is a mini-game, and the 3DS version barely qualifies as a stand-alone game. The content is skint and what really annoyed me was, heck, if there was so little content already (and a lot of it recycled from previous games) why the heck did they not put Leon in the game? So yeah, it was pretty stupid of Capcom.
Revelations not only has a story mode and more refined gameplay, but its Raid Mode I've enjoyed even more than Mercenaries.
So, yeah, Revelations kinda renders Mercenaries 3D obsolete. I'd advise everyone to go with Revelations.

RE:Revelations all the way.
if you want a RE game you want a survival horror game and thats what revelations is.
im a dire hard RE fan and i can honestly tell you mercenaries is a bad game.

but to download revelations youwill need a 4gb sd card thats the only problem
So in other words, its as bad <censored> as a PS2 version of the game :D

This may be AGES late but oh well....
Anyway, I prefer Revelations over Mercenaries. Revelations has a story and it is overall a good game for the 3DS. However, Mercenaries seems like an expanded mini-game. Not much sets it apart from the mode that appeared in RE 4. ( Also, no Leon S. Kennedy. Really, Capcom?!?!) The game would be good for a bit, but it may get repetitive after a while. I should have been a mode in Revelations that gets unlocked after beating the game, like in RE 4. In short, get Resident Evil: Revelations for a fresh and great experience on the 3DS. If you wanna try Mercanaries, get a RE 4 and beat the game :) You'll thank me later!

If I had a choice between those specific two games of the Resident Evil game series , my choice would be the Resident Evil : Revelations because I prefer story as an important part of me playing games and I don't like playing missions and stuff . Though it's a horror game that I will never play in my life . Still that will be my choice because it is better and the demo is quite awesome too

I would definitely pick up Resident Evil: Revelations over Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D. The reason behind this is because Revelations is newer than Mercenaries 3D, and it also has a better storyline. The graphics of Revelations 3D are also a lot better than the Mercenaries 3D. Stop to look around in Revelations, and you will find some very good lighting, beautiful textures, and high-poly models, which are rarely present in The Mercenaries 3D.

Back