1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. 3DS Pedia Guest Message

Get 3DS and Wii U eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners. Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
Dismiss Notice
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Regarding warnings and our rules

Discussion in 'Town Billboard' started by Marc, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Marc

Marc One does not simply type. One is a number. Forum Management

Play Coins:
    318 coins
    We're a laid back forum, or at least I try to make it that way.

I want to talk about warnings and some stuff with our rules.

Breaking rules will result in your message getting deleted or/and a warning (maybe even a shoutbox ban or a ban depending on certain circumstances).
    • Warnings are attempts at trying to get someone to behave. We do not use an infraction system here.
    • Staff will sometimes try to get things to work out when necessary (eg. preventing an argument from getting heated).
    • Staff may sometimes tell you to add someone to your ignore list if they say something which annoys you (eg. cars suck).
    • Shoutbox bans aren't always permanent. There are some "checks" you need to pass to get unbanned.
    About Insults :

What is allowed :

-> Friends joke around and insult each other (eg. Masktrash and Cinnygarbage). That is fine too.
    - Images (link, not embed) and videos with swearing is allowed but the person should put up a warning.
    - Masking swears, I allow unless it's something like **** or f*** (say "f" or an abbreviation instead or something like "fudge". The usage of asterisks is included to avoid confusion with our censoring system).

What isn't allowed :

- Calling people dumb, idiot, stupid, moron and worst stuff are not allowed (if it's a friend and you don't mean it, it's alright).
    - Masking swears and using it against someone is not allowed.

Please respect others. If someone asks you to stop calling them in a way they dislike, kindly stop.

About Spam (this will cover just the shoutbox) :

What is allowed :

- Posting multiple times in a row unless it is to disrupt a convo (don't let it get out of hand tho).
    - Smiley chains (it's a Pedia thing, you most likely know about it if you use the shoutbox).
    - Roleplaying (Marc blows up Jackeh) unless the person you're doing it with doesn't want to be involved.
    --> Crashing the shoutbox during an intelligent discussion with it isn't allowed.

What isn't allowed :

- Constantly spamming large images to flood the shoutbox.
    - Smiley spam (500 smilies in your one little message.. a bit of an exaggeration, but yeah).
    - Stretching your message to something ultra long (shalalalalalalalalala x 3 lines).

About Advertising

After talking with a couple of peeps and getting hope from a certain someone who came to me to ask me if he can advertise his stream instead of trying to promote it on his own, I've decided I'll be less strict with it.

That doesn't mean our protocols will change or that you're allowed to blatantly advertise.

Questions and concerns :

You can always message a staff member about questions regarding our rules or any concerns you have. There is a private section dedicated to complaints against members and staff members here (only the thread starter and admins can view topics, and yes you can talk about administrators too).

If you simply wish to report someone, it would be preferred to use our report feature.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  2. Marc

Marc One does not simply type. One is a number. Forum Management

Play Coins:
    318 coins
    I'm removing :

"Minor insults such as "stalker", "snitch", "silly" (girl says "not you silly" :p), etc once there is no bad intent."

Probably giving off the wrong impression about it.