Phoenix Wright Professor Layton or Phoenix Wright

• Thread starter T-Player Guy
  • Start date

Which one do you prefer the most?

• Total voters
I love them both to pieces! :giggle:
The crossover was a must-get for me.

Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton games both are deceptive. You don't think they have something for you until you try them yourself.

I was introduced to Professor Layton by a dear friend who was stuck in a puzzle. I like puzzles so I had a go. When he explained it was game filled with puzzles and with a nice story I decided to give it a go and I borrowed his copy after he finished the game. After that I have slowly been playing the games... by the way, did you know there is a movie? As soon as I knew this I went to YT and boy, hearing the same voices, music in a full movie was a treat to me! :D

Phoenix Wright, I don't really remember how come I decided to buy Trials and Tribulations. I think it was by reading a magazine review or having a friend recommend it to me. I dunno. But that was the first title and the way the last cases connect to the first ones is a great way to gove closure to each installment. The story keeps expanding in two directions.

This is Exactly how I felt after I had just finished the trilogy and I was so impressed at what I had just witnessed and honestly, I found it sad how under rated T&T was by most people. I was only introduced to the professor Layton series when I heard there was to be a crossover and when playing through my Professor Layton and the Lost Future game, I really got a taste for it!

Never really was interesed in Professor Layton games. It was all Phoenix Wright for me :3

Layton has no chance against, Phoenix Wright. The puzzles in Professor Layton games looked boring to me :rotfl:

Full emersion into the puzzles and the games you play can be a helpful tool. Remember this. :3

Reactions: Robbie
I've had more exposure to Phoenix Wright than I have professor Layton. Phoenix as a character also seems more appealing than what I've seen of Layton; almost like a person I'd rather be around. But that's just me. :p

I think both are awesome characters. They are good at investigating for clues.

But if I had to choose one I would choose Proffesor Lay-OBJECTION!!!:woot:

I would choose Wright because he is awesome at what he does & be was in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Being in that game makes him that much cooler. He's also in Project X Zone. Plus he has some nice hair :D

I think both are awesome characters. They are good at investigating for clues.

But if I had to choose one I would choose Proffesor Lay-OBJECTION!!!:woot:

I would choose Wright because he is awesome at what he does & be was in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Being in that game makes him that much cooler. He's also in Project X Zone. Plus he has some nice hair :D
He's in Project X Zone? Whoa

Project X Zone 2 to be exact. Although I'm beginning to think that Capcom is just hoarding Phoenix Wright for all kinds of cross-over games that don't make any sense story-wise.

I would rather to chose Professor Layton between the two characters.The amount of intelligence which the professor has,his deduction and the way by which he expresses himself as a proper gentleman can convince almost about anyone.But Phoenix Wright somehow always win by thinking outside the box or when luck is in his favor.From this,you might have already guessed how much difference there is between those two.

Tbh, i never played a Pheonix Wright gane in my life... But i don't have that much interest in it, anyways...
On the other hand... Yeah, i only played one Professor Layton game ever :p But lemme tell ya: i loved it! And not only me but my familiy too!
I received my first Nintendo DS on a Christmas at my grandma's house in the countryside and it is really cold there (like, -9°C cold) so, we round up at the fireplace and we spend there most of our day. "Professor Layton and the Curious Village" came with the DS so i started playing it... And then, i started asking my parents for help, of course :p. And i must say: i've never seen my family so determined! About one hour of thinking between us all, we solved the puzzle. After that, my parents were like "C'mon! Say more puzzles!" and i was like "CALM DOWN! I have to advance in the plot, you know?!"
Resuming: Professor Layton sticks closer to my heart cuz it joins families togheter to have fun!

Is a hard choice, I really enjoy both, but if I must pick, I'm picking Phoenix Wright

OBJECTION!!! and stuff

I think both. *Ahem* *Prepares rant* The professor is a gentleman, crime solving, archaeology professor. Beautiful in it's own right. Then you have Phoenix, a majestic, bullied, OBJECTIONable defence attorney. Both solve puzzles logically, which I love in a game, although in different ways. Both characters have the best apprentices. The way I look at it is that both are great, I love them both and am working on playing all the games from both series'. The crossover game is the second best game I have ever played. In the end, why can't we enjoy both and solve puzzles, and search for hint coins in the most interesting yet OBJECTIONable places.

As per my review of the crossover game, I was a little disappointed how they downplayed Phoenix a little as the clumsy comedy relief while Layton gets all the glory being the wise respected gentleman (that he is! and I love him!). I like both characters and franchises to death and both also have their unique qualities so I couldn't simply compare them just like that. Props to the creators for designing such strong and memorable protagonists. Cheers to future games in the franchises~

Reactions: Robbie and Pandaxclone2
Back