• Thread starter T-Player Guy
  • Start date

Which one do you prefer the most?

• Total voters
T-Player Guy

T-Player Guy

Always think positively!
Towns Folk
It's not about the crossover game released,but an overall thread about these great two characters.I thought to myself after some time playing both franchises:Which one would win if they were like rivals to each other?The english archeologist professor,Hershel Layton,or the justice defense attorney,Phoenix Wright?
So then,I wanted to hear from this community what they think of these two great mind-cracking men.

Personally,I like both.They have great personality,huge intelligence,all of their games were great,or at least,good,and the situations they need to deal with are very intimidating,while in the end,they make it look like a walk through the park.

Phinny has got my vote. He makes me think in some of his cases that i can be an attorney just like him.

I quite like both of them for different reasons. I like Phoenix for his somewhat cynical and humorous view during some of his cases and I also like how you can see his character development thoughout the series. Prof. Layton is hard for me to describe as the only games I've actually seen with him in it is Prof. Layton vs Phoenix Wright (I watched a walkthrough some months ago) but, from what I can see, he's a true gentleman and willing to look "underneath the underneath" and it's refreshing to see characters who think outside the box :)

Phoenix Wright! I've never liked the layton games or characters, while I absolutely love Phoenix Wright and his cases. Couple that with more interesting sidekicks and villains as well as a more engaging story and Phoenix wins by miles.

Phoenix Wright. The characters inside (both protagonists and antagonists) are what makes the series right.
Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth, Godot, von Karma family, ...Gumshoe. Yeah, that detective is funny.

Hmmm let me think....
tumblr_m1chbqDxc11r5kyvmo1_500.gif

That's it!

Ha kidding, but I like the Professor. Having played his games (despite them getting progressively harder and leaving me exhausted after each puzzle) I truly wished I had a teacher like him. And his second to last game made me sad because we learn something about him that's depressing...:locktopic: I'm not telling anyone I hate spoiling things for others I have played Phoenix's games but I still enjoy the Professor.

That's why I can't wait to play the crossover.

This reminds me of a puzzle!

Reactions: zygloman and Kaynil
I've never played Pheonix Wright and I'm not too awfully interested in the series, so Professor Layton.

Pheonix!
i like how he make a funny remark in his mind while the situation is so critical.........
and the development of both story and character is good too :)
all of his attorney work is hard and funny both investigation and cross-examination is good
and yeah prof. Layton is great too but pheonix got me better :)

I would have to say Phoenix Wright. I'm very fond of law games anyways, and the humor in this one plus the gameplay and theme just really stuck to me. Plus, I love yelling out Objection! at random intervals, just to do it. The voice effects are hilarious, and never fail to amuse me.

Pheonix wright for the win. I enjoy his games more than proffesor laytons games and he also looks cooler than layton. He also has a catchy slogan(OBJECTION!)

Phoenix Wright is what I prefer. It seems like a better game to me, as it's more focused around simulating the courtroom and it's actions, even though it features elements like mind readers and the like. Also, the signature phrase "Objection!" Is also really popular :p

I prefer Phoenix Wright. Professor Layton picks up some hint coins in the MOON. :D

But seriously, I really like mind games but consecutive puzzles makes me all dizzy. There's one point that there are at least 3 puzzles that you need to solve in Professor Layton's, back to back to back. And some of the puzzles doesn't make sense that you really need to look for a walkthrough (Or am I just a noob for puzzles). It's kinda frustrating also when it does not clearly say why the solution was the way it is.

In Phoenix Wright, well.. It sometimes get boring when all they do is talk and not the actual hands on gameplay, but you must be attentive on all of the details they are saying. Apollo and Phoenix always have the energetic vibe tho. And I really like the humor of the game.

Well........the first of both of them that I played was the Phoenix Wright series. Like what others said , its really cool to play law games and I m very fond of the story and twists it contains.......As of Proffesor Layton, Im not saying it looks bad but I have a feeling itll be great because i never did play any games of his series

I love Pheonix Wright. Though, I only play one of their games (my save file got corrupted so I'm too annoyed to play another version).
I don't really like Professor Layton (especially the character design). I didn't play it for a long time so I don't know how the game changes.

I love Pheonix Wright. Though, I only play one of their games (my save file got corrupted so I'm too annoyed to play another version).
I don't really like Professor Layton (especially the character design). I didn't play it for a long time so I don't know how the game changes.

i recommended you to replay it again sis its very good :thumbsup:
it wont take too long for you to get back where you had left it :D

I love them both to pieces! :giggle:
The crossover was a must-get for me.

Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton games both are deceptive. You don't think they have something for you until you try them yourself.

I was introduced to Professor Layton by a dear friend who was stuck in a puzzle. I like puzzles so I had a go. When he explained it was game filled with puzzles and with a nice story I decided to give it a go and I borrowed his copy after he finished the game. After that I have slowly been playing the games... by the way, did you know there is a movie? As soon as I knew this I went to YT and boy, hearing the same voices, music in a full movie was a treat to me! :D

Phoenix Wright, I don't really remember how come I decided to buy Trials and Tribulations. I think it was by reading a magazine review or having a friend recommend it to me. I dunno. But that was the first title and the way the last cases connect to the first ones is a great way to gove closure to each installment. The story keeps expanding in two directions.

Phoneix seems more believeable. The professor comes across as too perfect and honestly it just comes off annoying. Phoenix just feels more human and I feel his personality more. Phoenix has more character growth in his series. I also like his games better too so that helps.

Ughh, why did make me make a hard decision! I have played both games before. Both in my opinion I like Professor Layton. I am more of a quiet, and puzzle type of person, so I would go with Professor Layton. Pheonix Wright is good too but in my opinion Professor Layton Games are better.

I love both of them for different reasons, but the question is, which would win if they were pitted against each other. The answer to that I feel, is The Professor. He always figures out the solution. And while Pheonix always manages to win even though he's always the underdog, he just doesn't have the same amount of skill as the professor.

In the general sense, I hate to have to choose between these two awesome characters. But then again, the entire argument hinges on what question is that you are specifically asking. Whether of intelligence which the professor would win or sword fighting which once again the professor would win. And yet Phoenix has the magical power of always winning, thinking outside the box, and just in general being Phoenix. As hard as it is to say it though, in most cases, in the court or out on investigation, Professor Layton will practically always win by a landslide. X-)

Back