Pokemon X/Y Type Matchup Chart

• Thread starter dilawer
  • Start date
Fairy really does turn the tables - now the dragons aren't in the spot light - its the fairy type immune to the huge dragon type lol - many new strategies can be created now that THE DRAGONS don't effect a type lol
You overestimate Fairy Type. Many Dragons have moves that can counter Fairy types easily. Furthermore, some fairies like Klefki and Mawile are weak to Fire so.....With that said, Fairy/Dragon, if we ever see it happen, is going to be an OP type lol

You overestimate Fairy Type. Many Dragons have moves that can counter Fairy types easily. Furthermore, some fairies like Klefki and Mawile are weak to Fire so.....With that said, Fairy/Dragon, if we ever see it happen, is going to be an OP type lol
yeah i know but now dragon is less over powered since its got a new enemy that immune to dragon type moves but like you said i agree there are some moves dragons posses that can easily turn the tables

Well Dark back in the day countered the OP Psychics in Gen 1 and Fairy counters the OP Dragons of Gen 5. History repeats itself.

Those are very helpful for double type Pokemon thanks man

I hate how my overpowered Dragon Pokemon are now weak to fairies. Doesn't matter though. Nothing can ever destroy the Dragon Master Race!

The fairy type a type that's screws the type matchup system

Care to explain? :wacky:

Oh cool! This is awesome even though I have memorized most of the type's effectiveness and weakness including Fairy. Oh yeah that reminds me, my friend is not that much of a hardcore player,(Know rules of breeding, what IV's and EV's are, Shiny catching methods, etc.) but he duct taped a chart like this to his Nintendo 2DS :confused: I just got it in my photos just in case and download a Pokedex app. Welp

I agree! If they didn't have to go and add Fairy type, my favorite Pokemon (Gardevoir) wouldn't be dead to iron, ghost, and dark! Now I have to carry signal beam in my moveset :cry: Also, now I need to memorize even more and it was when just when I thought I had all the types down :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Typhlosion444
I still use dragons ALL THE TIME. Palkia, black kyurem (knows iron head), I consider my Yvetal to be a dragon, Mega ampharos, Arceus (anyone willing to trade coins for a timid one?) and just to balance, the last slot is whatever is giving off good vibes that day. Also, Kind of new to this whole coin-system thing, what are they actaully worth?

Mega altaria is dragon and fairy. Prepare for abuse in 5, 4, 3, 2, ...

I still use dragons ALL THE TIME. Palkia, black kyurem (knows iron head), I consider my Yvetal to be a dragon, Mega ampharos, Arceus (anyone willing to trade coins for a timid one?) and just to balance, the last slot is whatever is giving off good vibes that day. Also, Kind of new to this whole coin-system thing, what are they actaully worth?

Mega altaria is dragon and fairy. Prepare for abuse in 5, 4, 3, 2, ...
Well, Dragon/Fairy isn't THAT good of a combo, Steel/Fairy is much better and can cover a whole lot. Mega Altaria can get possibly OHKO or 2OHKO by Thunderbolt. I agree Dragons got a huge nerf with fairy... but at least Dragonite is good but 4x Thunderbolt -_-

I find the large chart a little more difficult to remember, so I use a simpified version of just what has an affect on what:
760b177c508a1841be55b64cf6d9f3acddd5d8a7_aD0DVpG_700b_v1.jpg

This one is my favorite one to use, it's much easier to understand than the other onesvnstODV.jpg

That one is great if you just wanna see a specific type.

My Type Chart:
2000px-Pokemon_Type_Chart.svg.png

1/2 = Not very effective
0 = Damage taken normally
2 = Super effective
Hope it helped ya!

I was actually very angry at first when I heard that they had introduced a new type and that it was super-effective against Dragon type, but to be honest, now I think that Fairy is a good thing, because Dragon types were pretty all-powerful..
Yeah I was upset as well, not because of the typing balance but because fairy type doesn't sound like a typing. If you go back to the old pokedexs fairy is a species. I will always be disappointed with the choice of name.

:eek: Dude, That's basic Pokemon common sense :p Ground immune to Electric attacks xD Flying immune to Ground attacks and stuff xD
That's weird , I can use confuse ray on a normal type Pokemon, so why not electric on ground?

Last edited:
That's weird , I can use confuse ray on a normal type Pokemon, so why not electric on ground?
Because you can stack up status conditions with confusion and confusion can easily be gotten rid of for a small price. Kinda makes me wanna use a ConfuseParaHax + entry hazards Pokémon team.

Uh... Fire is strong against Grass, Grass is strong against Water, Water is strong against Fire. Right?

Electric type Pokemon are weak against Ground type Pokemon, cause Ground type Pokemon like Hippowdon is immune to Electric attacks.

Well, Dragon/Fairy isn't THAT good of a combo, Steel/Fairy is much better and can cover a whole lot. Mega Altaria can get possibly OHKO or 2OHKO by Thunderbolt. I agree Dragons got a huge nerf with fairy... but at least Dragonite is good but 4x Thunderbolt -_-

What do you mean by 4x thunderbolt? Dragon Pokemon resist Electric moves. So a thunderbolt would only do normal damage to a Dragonite.

Ice moves are 4x....... but Dragonite can live an Ice Beam if you have one with the ability Multiscale because at full health Multiscale halves the damage Dragonite would take so it would technically only be 2x.

Back