Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Legend of Zelda

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Both are the top gaming franchises that every Nintendo fan has loved (and still do) for many generations. But which one is the better series? give your thoughts and explain your reasons why. They are both good in their own ways, but which one will come out on top? ;)

Pokemon has great multiplayer/online capabilities (battling/trading) but perhaps Legend of Zelda has a better single player experience/storyline?. :p

Reactions: .:*Alex*:.
Personally I prefer Pokemon as I find the puzzle element in the Zelda series is somewhat unfair to new players who have never played a Zelda game before. Sure the bosses and cutscenes look great, it is really the exploration, memorization of your skills, and puzzles that make the game worthwhile. The Pokemon mainseries has great cinematics and great storytelling as well (which I prefer over Zelda even if I haven't played Skyward Sword) because the Pokemon stories are very down to Earth and more serious and concerning in some ways. And you can't beat the competitive multiplayer. The only problem in Pokemon is the tiers and noobs that use any legendary they want online like Palkia.

I just don't have the motivation of played Zelda unless I enjoy the exploring (NES LoZ was great. OoT just felt slow and oddly paced especially without Epona).

I can't choose any, I love both of them. I do love Pokémon for a lot of things, primarily because Pokémon Silver was my first game (yes, my very first game), but I also liked the mechanics, and the additional things that are not related to the main game.

But I also do love Zelda, mostly because my sister introduced me to it (on the GameCube, and in contrary to what you might be thinking, it wasn't on Wind Waker, it was on the Zelda Collector's Edition Disk), and also because it had a great storyline, and I remember my sister's reaction when Twilight Princess was released on the GameCube, she was amazed, because she also said that "Nintendo really pushed the GameCube to its limits". I remember that my sister and I had beaten Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask so many times, that you can't count it.

So, yup, it's a tie for me ;). Those two franchises are too awesome, I just can't choose one.

Now this is a tricky question. Both are excellent games and both are considered some of the greatest games of all time. Personally though I gotta side with Pokemon.
Pokemon has way more depth than Legend of Zelda games. Also more to the point, Pokemon isn't a purely single-player game. It has an unbelievably good single and multiplayer, while apart from the brilliant four swords, LoZ is only single-player, albeit awesome single player.
Of course, as far as possible I play both

I think they are both really fun games. But I think that Pokemon is more fun than Zelda. It is more fun because you can catch so many Pokemon and battle them. You also can catch cool legendary Pokemon. That is why I think it is cooler.

Reactions: Mikaya
Both are fun games, but I have always liked Zelda more than Pokemon. I like Zelda, for it has more puzzles, can get a little more challenging than Pokemon can. Trying to solve the puzzles in Zelda has always been do much fun, and traveling around from dungeon to dungeon is always fun.

I have heard of legend of Zelda but I have never played any one of its games before as for pokemon I have experienced with and its fun but I'm sure the legend of Zelda is like that too.

I would say Pokemon it better, because it is much more obvius were to go and you wont get stuck so fast. On the other hand is not knowing where to go sometimes a real challenge and then legend of zelda is better. But one of my first games was a pokemon game so I going to chose pokemon as the best

I love both games to death, but Pokemon is the main reason I'm a nintendo fan boy. Lots of Hidden Mechanics in Pokemon that adds depth to the game, and keep me buying it again and again for balance changes, and the addition of almost 100 new pokemon every new generation pokemon. also breeding. Never forget breeding. Breeding is a story of it's own. especially chain breeding. Dont get me started about that, I can go on and on about that.

Zelda trumps Pokemon in story for sure though, by miles. Though, idk how much of a post games these games have as I haven't played them all. I really enjoyed A Link Between Worlds though. Game brough back memories and made new ones. Music, and characters was nice. I didn't collect all the baby crab shells or w/e their name is. I think it's MaiMai. It was cool hunting for them though. Also I liked all the items you can use in that game, and the dungeons were amazing in 3D. o.o

I'm still going to say Pokemon Wins though, and I didn't even mention multiplayer lol.

Oh gawd. A near-impossible decision. Having to pick between two of the greatest Nintendo franchises and seeing which one is better is hard.

I honestly have to side with Pokemon. I grew up with the games, so why not? The gameplay and everything of the franchise is unbelievably fantastic. There is much more content in the games than Legend of Zelda in my opinion, since you can play multiplayer, do some trading, some catching, some battling, and much more. I have played nearly every Pokemon game out there, and let me just say, they were all amazing. I just didn't have this feeling where I wanted to stop playing.

I love both of those. Zelda as a series really challenges me to think outside of the box and explore. I really enjoyed that. The replay-ability in most of those games gets dull and boring after a while even though it has a great storyline. I would have to say out of the two I pick Pokemon. In Pokemon I can always find some new thing to do without resetting my entire game. It really comes down to the collector in me though. I really enjoy collecting different things. Pokemon wins in that aspect for me.

Of course I choose Zelda out of thse two, but pokemon and Zelda are so different so that it is kind off impossible to compare them. I mean, Zelda is a action filled adventure game With swordfights, Puzzles and archery! Pokemon is a rpg where you Catch and Train pokemons and Battles With them.

That is a tough one. I really like both of these series. Pokemon has a better after game and a better multiplayer side to item with trading and catching all the Pokemon. One the other hand, the legend of Zelda has a more in depth story lines and puzzles. I will give it to Pokemon because it is the series I have played to longest. Once I beat a Zelda game, yea it was fun but its over. You can bet the boss again but that is about it. In Pokemon you can make competitive teams, obtain Pokemon trough trading or catching. The Legend of Zelda games do do the main game better, but Pokemon just has more to the end game and overall concept.

Both of them are really good in my opinion . They both have their own terms that make them stand out as awesome games , but personally I'll go for Pokemon , even if I'm a big LoZ fan . Pokemon is very fun and also has a more variety and replayability which I really like as well as online , which is something I prioritize in games :D

Both are very good to me, so I can't mark one superior to the other. I like Zelda because of its puzzles and boss battles and even its items that serve as a payoff for all the hard work that yoy put to finding it and using it against the boss.
Pokemon, on the other hand, has a good RPG element and a good storyline (especially Sinnoh)
Honestly, both are equally good. I can't name any flaws.

I picked Pokémon because it has the best multiplayer gameplay, and I have the best memories from it. LoZ has an amazing story though. It was one of my favorites to play whenever I got to play on the Wii (AKA when my parents weren't playing Mario Kart :p), but it had an amazing story and was a blast to play (probably because of the wind boomerang thing >.>)

Easily have to give it to Pokémon. It was the first game I ever played. And it has a simple gameplay unlike The Legend of Zelda which can be more confusing (because of that reason, I couldn't complete the Sand Temple in Spirit Tracks). Both games are great though.

I have to give it to Pokemon. I haven't played a lot of zelda games, I really liked the ones I played and they are great... but, I'm kinda a pokemon fan so I'm totally biased towards it :p

I love both bu.t Pokemon willl win because some Pokemon Can't be Penetrated by bows or arrows. Pokemon can penetrate there shields.

There is no doubt that i love pokemons games than those zelda

I really haven't played zelda games much but for few the reason i don't like it much ,whereas as i playing pokemon since my childhood and been a big fan of it show
and Nintendo is also getting more profit from pokemon games .

Back