Pokemon League Replacement Sneak Peek

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Marc why didn't you say you liked Yu-Gi-Oh i thought you only did smash, pokemon, fire emblem, and other games. So what decks you run if you play irl?

OMG Marc why didn't you say you liked Yu-Gi-Oh i thought you only did smash, pokemon, fire emblem, and other games. So what decks you run if you play irl?
I sent you a PM. This is off-topic :panda:

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Sounds interesting and I might give it a try but not to sure yest cause i've never been one for competitive battle when it comes to pokemon. I've very interested in seeing all the new stuff they have in the game even tho most of the surprise was ruined by one to many leeks. I really hope it has more surprises we haven't seen yet. When this happens I wish everyone the best of luck.

._. Rawr

Reactions: Major
I think the pokémon league should not be replaced, its one of the best features that can interest outsiders to join 3ds pedia, that said xy/oras will not be able to connect with sun/moon, the only form of connection that gen 6 is going to have with gen 7 is pokémon bank, the trial captains concept is interesting but it is probably better to wait for the games to come out, competitive pokémon battling is hard and there will be beginners.

Reactions: Mr. Kream and Pk1410
I think the pokémon league should not be replaced, its one of the best features that can interest outsiders to join 3ds pedia, that said xy/oras will not be able to connect with sun/moon, the only form of connection that gen 6 is going to have with gen 7 is pokémon bank, the trial captains concept is interesting but it is probably better to wait for the games to come out, competitive pokémon battling is hard and there will be beginners.
Yeah, I plan to wait. Did they confirm they wouldn't be able to connect? I'll most likely have something similar for XY/ORAS players related to the Sun/Moon event I'm planning btw.

Yeah, I plan to wait. Did they confirm they wouldn't be able to connect? I'll most likely have something similar for XY/ORAS players related to the Sun/Moon event I'm planning btw.

They closed pokémon global link for xy/oras which tracked all your trades, it also states that the new service will only support sun/moon, the player search system which we use chibi characters is not gonna be in 7 gen.

Oh my goodness! this is gonna be so cool! i'm still very hyped for Sun and Moon VERY! I think doing this new battle buddy system and copying Sun and Moon with the trial thing is so smart and going to be really fun,I honestly can't wait.

I wonder which Pokemon could be my Battle Buddy.... whoever it is, I'll make sure it's the best it can possibly be!

I haven't had the time to comment on this, but I do now. Honestly, I believe the Trials thing could be quite interesting. I am happy to see something different; however, I feel like the Pokemon League shouldn't be replaced.

The League helped the "competitive scene" in this site quite a lot. Since I first joined the site, I felt like there wasn't as many "competitive players" as there is now. I've seen a lot of people become way better in a 1yrs+, I honestly believe it was thanks to the league. I remember that whenever someone had to go against a Gym Leader in a tournament or something, they felt very discouraged. Now I don't see that anymore.

Even though not many people has managed to beat all gym leaders, I feel like there has been an improvement overall in the site. At some point, I even thought the League was way too tough for most people here, but I no longer see it like that because people have managed to improved a lot and I definitely believe it was thanks to the League. It could even keep helping people to improve.

@Danny is a perfect example of how the League helped people grow as players/battlers. I remember when I was gym leader, I honestly thought Danny would never manage to beat me and I want to apologize to him for that.(Keep in mind that was 1yr+ ago). Now, I know Danny is one of the better players in this site. I even worry when I have to battle him because I know that he is a very tough person to beat and takes me out of my comfortable zone when playing against him.

Trials could be something more for the casual player in my opinion; however, I can't quite see it as competitive as the League was.

(Hmm..I didn't expect to write this much lol.)

Reactions: DeathDragon, Danny, Mr. Kream and 2 others
Sounds great! The team I plan to have in Sun should suffice and could really help me through the trials!

Trials could be something more for the casual player in my opinion; however, I can't quite see it as competitive as the League was.
I see, thanks for sharing your views. I originally intended for this to be an "upgrade" to the League to make it more "fun" and something "different" (in case people were tired of simple Pokemon battles, similar to how some of us took a break from it), but I see where you're coming from. The Pokemon League will live then \o/

PS, you tagged the wrong Danny >< @Steve is the guy you're looking at (newbie took his username after a username change).

I haven't had the time to comment on this, but I do now. Honestly, I believe the Trials thing could be quite interesting. I am happy to see something different; however, I feel like the Pokemon League shouldn't be replaced.

The League helped the "competitive scene" in this site quite a lot. Since I first joined the site, I felt like there wasn't as many "competitive players" as there is now. I've seen a lot of people become way better in a 1yrs+, I honestly believe it was thanks to the league. I remember that whenever someone had to go against a Gym Leader in a tournament or something, they felt very discouraged. Now I don't see that anymore.

Even though not many people has managed to beat all gym leaders, I feel like there has been an improvement overall in the site. At some point, I even thought the League was way too tough for most people here, but I no longer see it like that because people have managed to improved a lot and I definitely believe it was thanks to the League. It could even keep helping people to improve.

@Danny is a perfect example of how the League helped people grow as players/battlers. I remember when I was gym leader, I honestly thought Danny would never manage to beat me and I want to apologize to him for that.(Keep in mind that was 1yr+ ago). Now, I know Danny is one of the better players in this site. I even worry when I have to battle him because I know that he is a very tough person to beat and takes me out of my comfortable zone when playing against him.

(Hmm..I didn't expect to write this much lol.)
^~^
Thank you !

So, is there gonna be the league and island trials , or just one?

I just got confused from above posts >.>

So, is there gonna be the league and island trials , or just one?
In the way the conversation is going, it's leaning more toward having both ><

Reactions: SmashChamp
In the way the conversation is going, it's leaning more toward having both ><

I can see the trial thing being both "gimmicky" and competitive, by having two sepparate battles (like it looks like it is in the games).

The main problem is the waste of time tho. I don't think two battles are that time consuming, and it could be fun to having to do several things to win the badge, but it could be too much to do in one day.
The captain could separate the trials and the normal battles in different days (Like, the first day you have to beat me in a normal battle, and the second time you have to beat me with special rules)... but that doesn't solve the problem completely. It feels less "time heavy", but still takes a few days to complete it all

I can see the trial thing being both "gimmicky" and competitive, by having two sepparate battles (like it looks like it is in the games).

The main problem is the waste of time tho. I don't think two battles are that time consuming, and it could be fun to having to do several things to win the badge, but it could be too much to do in one day.
The captain could separate the trials and the normal battles in different days (Like, the first day you have to beat me in a normal battle, and the second time you have to beat me with special rules)... but that doesn't solve the problem completely. It feels less "time heavy", but still takes a few days to complete it all
And if you lose and need to rechallenge,then that's even more time

@steve is a great player, I agree also ^^ I think we should keep both! the trials should lead up to the league or have 2 separate parts. a champion for beating all the trials and a champion for beating the new league champion present ^^

Reactions: Danny
I have an Idea for a trial I can pm you if you want. You can use it as a suggestion to others, or if need be, I would like to step up to the plate

I have an Idea for a trial I can pm you if you want. You can use it as a suggestion to others, or if need be, I would like to step up to the plate
Sure. Shoot me a PM~

Reactions: 24460
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back