• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
51zIHDK.jpg

I think everyone is aware by now that the Pokemon League is going to be replaced with something new after Pokemon Sun/Moon's release. I'm just going to give a sneak peek of what's to come.

Please take note that nothing is set in stone as of now.

Sun and Moon will not have gym leaders. Gym leaders will be replaced with Trial Captains and instead of "taking on" gyms like we used to do, you will be trying to overcome trials as a Pokemon trainer.

Example of a Trial Captain

Meet Trial Captain Mary-Kate.

7WIKxcR.jpg

Her trial is a 6 v 6 battle with her battle buddy Sunflora. If your battle buddy faints during a battle, you automatically lose the battle. There will be custom rules to prevent battle buddies from easily being swept.

Overcome her challenge and you will be awarded.

For example :
- The moves belly drum and baton pass will be banned.
- You can only boost a stat(s) by +2 while the user is on the battlefield (not counting ability).

Trial Captains will be allowed to make their own trial for battle and rules to support it. I can lend a hand with trial ideas to chosen trial captains. Read the Q&A below to find out how they will be selected.

Questions and answers :

9aLFBwX.gif
Will previous 3DS Pokemon games be supported?

That's the plan. I have high hopes that Sun/Moon will allow XY/ORAS play over Wi-Fi. Things may be restricted like how XY vs ORAS was. If worst comes to worst, I'll improvise and see what can be done to make it all work.

jNnasN8.gif
Can I still use Pokemon from XY and ORAS?

Yes, of course.

s4jZyZb.gif
How will Trial Captains be chosen?

Gym leaders who wish to become a Trial Captain will be given first preference if they are capable of thinking up a good trial idea without my help. Otherwise, I will continue where I left off with the the battles that were taking place to determine the new gym leaders trial captains.

DrgPUGI.gif
How many Trial Captains will Pedia have?

I'm not really sure yet ;~;

1HMLm1X.gif
Are gym badges going to be replaced too?

Same as above.

PjBQp6z.gif
Something about a Champion? Tell me more.

There will be a "title" for a member who does exceptionally well during the event. More details will be revealed about this later, but a member with the title will have a custom colored ribbon.

Feel free to share any ideas you have with me at any time. If you have a question about something, feel free to ask. I may not be able to answer every single question since the idea isn't ready yet, so please keep that in mind.

Reactions: Artisan, T-Player Guy, Aura Knight and 14 others
battle buddy? plz explain...

battle buddy? plz explain...
It's like choosing one of your teammates to be your "lifeline". If it faints, it's game over regardless of having more Pokemon.

That's just an example though. Each trial captain will have their own idea behind their trial.

Reactions: Troy21 and 3dsatackman
Could a trial be something other than a battle?

Could a trial be something other than a battle?
I'll need an example :panda: But I think it might be best to fit in a battle at some point though.

seems intresting OwO

This concept is amazing right off the bat. Every trial captain can be very different from each other.

Some trials could use Smogon's others metagames to spice it up

Imagine that the battle with one of the trials challenges is battling in the "Tropical Highlands" metagame (The weather changes every turn between Desolate Land, Primordial Sea and Delta Stream), in "OU Turbo" (each player gets 10 seconds to make a choice), in "Inverse battle" or in "Kirito's Trick Room" (Pretty much a permanent Trick Room).
Maybe even a Battle Factory match (Randomized teams) or battles in past gens!!

They could also battle in "Hemiswap" (half of the team gets swapped with the other), "No Escape" (no one is allowed to switch), "Perseverancia" (the first one to lose a Pokémon loses the match), or "Kill the Mailman" (kind of what you used as an example, but in reverse) without the need of using a battle simulator.

Heck, even one trial could have 3 leaders, and the challengers need to make teams of 3 to battle in teams, and if the challenger team gets 2 wins, they all get the badge.

And once someone gets all the trial badges, he/she/helicopter/watermelon (welcome to 2016) can challenge the 3DSPedia Kahuna in the most challengin trial yet, and get the ultimate badge or something

There is a lot of potential in this type of trial challenge, but I have a few questions:

1.- How much freedom does the trial captain has in regards to the rules?

2.- For what he know right now, the trial challenges have rounds:
For example, we know that in one of the challenges, you need to beat a "minigame", then beat the Totem Pokémon, and then battle the trial leader.

So in 3DSPedia, a trial leader could do something like this:
First Round: You have to find a certain pokémon in the wild (lets say, Chimecho in Emerald... gl with that lol), or even something unrelated to Pokémon
Second Round: Now you have to battle the trial leader, with normal OU rules
Third Round: You have to battle the trial leader, but now with a weird set of rules (For an epic battle in randomly changing weather for example)

Of course, the problem with this is, that, if you lose one of the rounds, you have to start all over again. This problem can be solved by using checkpoints (If you already tried, won the first and second round, but lost the third, if you try again, you start from the third trial instead of doing everything all over again) and/or giving the challenger "two lives", so if they mess up and lose one round, they can try it again inmediatly without having to pay again.

Is this round challenge be possible? Or is it just too complicated?

Anyways, as you can tell, I'm very excited about this thing!!
I would like to become one trial leader depending of how much freedom has the trial leader, and I already have several ideas on what to do

1.- How much freedom does the trial captain has in regards to the rules?
A lot of freedom as long as it's reasonable.
Is this round challenge be possible? Or is it just too complicated?
It sounds time consuming ;-;

Reactions: Danny
I never got a chance to fight gym leaders, bit I'll probably do these. They seem really cool, super hyped for them.

Reactions: Leafeon1010 and The Omega
as I think more about it, All these trials could be a ton of fun >=3 sure I never beat any gyms, but this sounds like a blast!

~Shoutouts to N, the best Poyo like no one ever was, for this awesome idea~
EDIT: Mary-Kate is so cute why didn't you ever introduce me to her Marc? SMH

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc and Zukrad
I'm really excited about this new mode :D

Will battle buddy will vary battle to battle ?
Example- In one battle my battle buddy is gengar and in other battle my battle buddy is some other pokemon

I also think you should also allow trial leaders to change there battle on intervals of period ..like in every 15days or a month

Last edited by a moderator:
Will battle buddy will vary battle to battle ?
Example- In one battle my battle buddy is gengar and in other battle my battle buddy is some other pokemon
It's an example to show you what a trial can be like. The details haven't been finalized, just an example.
I also think you should also allow trial leaders to change there battle on intervals of period ..like in every 15days or a month
I'm not too sure about that. People can be training to "take on" a specific trial and suddenly it changes .-.

Reactions: Danny
So, if I were in a battle (let's just say single), does it mater when I have to bring in my battle buddy?

So, if I were in a battle (let's just say single), does it mater when I have to bring in my battle buddy?
That's just an example. You'll have to follow the actual trial details when it's up.

Reactions: The Omega
I'm excited for this already!!! I never fought the gym leaders here and I also don't have Omega Ruby anymore but when I get Moon I'm definitely gonna try this out.

Reactions: The Omega
Battle Buddy why is it I get the feeling Marc watched season 3 of yu-gi-oh where they had a deck master and if the duelists deck master was sent to the grave then the duelist lost imediatly but their deck master could only be destroyed when they were called out to the field.

Reactions: Marc
Battle Buddy why is it I get the feeling Marc watched season 3 of yu-gi-oh where they had a deck master and if the duelists deck master was sent to the grave then the duelist lost imediatly but their deck master could only be destroyed when they were called out to the field.
That's exactly where I got it :p

So I'm my own battle buddy? >.> <.< My god I have a double ganger! cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back