Pikmin 3 Pikmin 3: Your method of tackling the cave in Formidable Oak?

• Thread starter 423
  • Start date

Content at Heart
Towns Folk
The golden Plasm Wraith that pursues you to no end as you and your pikmin have to quickly maneuver through the Formidable Oak to save Olimar; how did you go about it all?

For me I split up into 2 to 3 groups (depending on the task at hand). I left Brittany and some of my flying pikmin near the beginning to carry Olimar in circles - resulting in the Plasm Wraith following after. Simultaneously, I had Alph and Charlie (and all the other pikmin) go further into the labyrinth to remove a lot of the obstacles and enemies, as well as creating shortcuts for later on (Building the red bridge and blowing up the stone wall). I took my time with Alph and Charlie, since I knew it was extremely difficult to complete the final stage (including the boss battle) in one day.

Day 2: Same as day 1 for the most part - quickly got the rest of the obstacles out of the way thanks to the shortcuts I created the previous day. Once I set a clear, threat-free path for Olimar to be transported out of the labyrinth, I assigned Brittany and the pikmin to take him outside of the frustrating hellhole. I needed an extra day to defeat the Plasm Wraith, but all ended pretty well! (After countless of trial and error attempts to understand each and every element of the cave, and... to essentially get everything down to a science).

After I beat the game, I thought to myself "never again" xD

Back